PDA

View Full Version : WB'ers in HM forces

Jacde
15-01-11, 01:27 AM
Folks, just an idea that I'm happy to co-ordinate but would need donations from your good selves! ;)
We have a few members who are in our armed forces and some of them are off to rather hot and dusty regions at some point this year.
If any of you who are going would like to receive the odd parcel full of goodies while you're away please pm me your contact details.
Anyone who would like to contribute contents of the parcels, including letters (I'm think Gerry would be a good start! ;D ) just let me know.
Thanks in advance :) [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Uber Dave
15-01-11, 02:10 AM
Damn it you beat me to it!

Jacde
15-01-11, 05:15 AM
Dave, more than happy to share the load if you want to, just that my shift pattern means I get 3 days off in a row so plenty of time to get parcels packed and dispatched.
We need recipents first otherwise we won't be sending anything! ;D

Bornagain
15-01-11, 08:41 AM
A damn fine idea, parcels and mail (especially from strangers) is always a massive morale booster [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Beamer
15-01-11, 09:04 AM
That sounds like a great idea....and Gerry's writings, well, what can i say,.....he'll have the whole of the British forces chuckling away ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

wiltshire builders
15-01-11, 10:20 AM
Brilliant Idea, I've got a few mates serving at the moment and send them things. They all really appreciate it even if it's just a letter or an email.
I'm in!

Jacde
15-01-11, 10:56 PM
Brilliant, glad you think it's a good idea, will post up an idea of contents for parcels and folk can either grab an item in their normal shopping and pass it onto me or if it's easier, give me a monetary donation and I'll buy stuff.
I'm thinking a WB mug in the first parcel sent, good idea?

CharleyX
15-01-11, 11:11 PM
Thats a great idea Jac I send to a friend and it's always great fun looking for strange,funny things to post. Keep us posted and will get some things to you. :)

Scaredy_Cat
15-01-11, 11:11 PM
Fantastic idea! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Dex
15-01-11, 11:29 PM
It's a great idea. I'm away in the desert (came out 1st Nov, so been here for Xmas and new year) the mail I get is an absolute lifeline for morale :)

Nico_babe
15-01-11, 11:48 PM
I think thats a fab idea!!

Jacde
16-01-11, 12:20 AM
pm sent to you Dex, ah ha we have our first recipent ;D

StreetHippo
16-01-11, 12:30 AM
I'm off in a couple of weeks for another tour. Would be very appreciated. Thank you for thinking of this. :)

Stu

Jacde
16-01-11, 12:59 AM
Stu
pm sent to you too ;D

Caz
16-01-11, 04:20 PM
Great idea [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jacde
17-01-11, 12:40 AM
Ok folks, we're really only restricted on what we can send by the size of parcel, shoe box, and weight 2kg max.
We can't send chocolate (bugger should have kept that quiet as could have eaten all the chocolate donations myself ;D) no aerosols, no publications liable to cause offence! and no perishable goods.
What can we send well everything else really.
Clothing, hats, gloves - it gets cold, and ideally black in colour
toiletries so the likes of toothpaste, shampoo, shower gels, roll on deodrants etc
Food - pot noodles, packs of dried food, dried soups, oxo cubes, spices, really anything sealed/dry in small lightweight packaging.
Tea, coffee, hot chocolate sachets etc.
Biscuits (not chocolate!)
Cereals (again think small pkts please)
Crisps, peanuts other snaks.
Sweets (no chocolate)
Puzzle books, paper backs, pens, travel games cards.
I'll try and get parcels sent with the recipent in mind so shout if there is anything specific that you'd like to receive and we'll do our best to send it to you.

ChrisJo
17-01-11, 12:24 PM
Folks, just an idea that I'm happy to co-ordinate but would need donations from your good selves! ;)
We have a few members who are in our armed forces and some of them are off to rather hot and dusty regions at some point this year.
If any of you who are going would like to receive the odd parcel full of goodies while you're away please pm me your contact details.
Anyone who would like to contribute contents of the parcels, including letters (I'm think Gerry would be a good start! ;D ) just let me know.
Thanks in advance :) [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

PM inbound. :)

Morticia
17-01-11, 07:26 PM
There's a faster option than letters, the e-bluey. You writte it, they print it there and it gets delivered the following day, instead of having to wait for over a week. The link is

http://www.bfpo.mod.uk/ebluey_home.htm

it sometimes crashes, but for me, it's been a lifesaver.

Morticia
17-01-11, 07:31 PM
Ok folks, we're really only restricted on what we can send by the size of parcel, shoe box, and weight 2kg max.
We can't send chocolate (bugger should have kept that quiet as could have eaten all the chocolate donations myself ;D) no aerosols, no publications liable to cause offence! and no perishable goods.
What can we send well everything else really.
Clothing, hats, gloves - it gets cold, and ideally black in colour
toiletries so the likes of toothpaste, shampoo, shower gels, roll on deodrants etc
Food - pot noodles, packs of dried food, dried soups, oxo cubes, spices, really anything sealed/dry in small lightweight packaging.
Tea, coffee, hot chocolate sachets etc.
Biscuits (not chocolate!)
Cereals (again think small pkts please)
Crisps, peanuts other snaks.
Sweets (no chocolate)
Puzzle books, paper backs, pens, travel games cards.
I'll try and get parcels sent with the recipent in mind so shout if there is anything specific that you'd like to receive and we'll do our best to send it to you.

I send Steve chocolate in every parcel. Poor man thought he'd lose weight out there, but he gets Bournville every week. I also send him coffee, cos he's fuzzy about that and must have his brand. The lady at the counter always asks, I tell her I'm sending sweets and she's never said anything.

Jacde
20-01-11, 09:25 AM
We now have 3 recipents for parcels, two are due to deploy soon, I'm still waiting on the BFPO address for the person already in theatre and will get a parcel off as soon as I've got those details.

Squashed_Fly
20-01-11, 09:48 AM
Someone posted on the FB wall about this as well....

Iceman
20-01-11, 02:07 PM
Good on you! Support for our troops is always good news.My Son & son in law have both been over there and thankfully back ok now!
respects to all! ;)

Jacde
25-01-11, 04:04 PM
First parcel hopefully being dispatched on Monday next week.
If anyone has anything to pop into parcels then Jen (Gladelicious) is picking up some bits for me at the Polebarn on Friday and I'm sure she'll happily to collect your donations on my behalf [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Beamer
25-01-11, 05:26 PM
If anyone has anything to pop into parcels then Jen (Gladelicious) is picking up some bits for me at the Polebarn on Friday and I'm sure she'll happily to collect your donations on my behalf [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I hope you dont mind jackie but i asked basil and smellygerm if we could put boxes at the PB and H+C so people can bung stuff in.......Im happy to go on with the bike mag collection, to save you having to deal with all of it......hope thats ok my lovely x ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jacde
25-01-11, 05:43 PM
Not at all Tina, brilliant idea thank you xx [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Will post up at work for used bike mags/newspapers so hope to get some that way, between us all we'll be sending goodies to our WB'ers in warmer climbs :)

Taylor86
25-01-11, 08:34 PM

Will definitely be happy to play courier for the other donations too 8-)

Only drive a 206 though so nothing too big for that! :D

Jacde
25-01-11, 08:37 PM
Thanks Jen xx

Jacde
15-02-11, 09:15 AM
Going to be at the H&C tomorrow so if anyone has got anything to put in a parcel, bring it along [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Hunar
15-02-11, 05:13 PM
erm, how many bike mags do you need? and from how far back? I know a couple of people with some quite old magazines in boxes. Make that a coupe of fairly heavy boxes.

Jacde
15-02-11, 08:23 PM
erm, how many bike mags do you need? and from how far back? I know a couple of people with some quite old magazines in boxes. Make that a coupe of fairly heavy boxes.

Hunar, Tina is collecting magazines to send out too so I'd say we'll have what ever you can lay your hand on please [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

CharleyX
16-02-11, 10:18 PM
Jac I have some bits for you have been meaning to bring them for ages if the PB is a go for Friday then there be with me :) ( if I don't eat them all in the car)

virginie_morisot
16-02-11, 10:28 PM
are you back yet ??

virginie_morisot
16-02-11, 10:29 PM
btw Jackie said she ll be at PB on Friday.. i'll be there next Friday , incidentally ! x

CharleyX
16-02-11, 10:31 PM
Hi Vivi if you mean me then no back tomorrow hope to get to PB on Friday see you then Hun :)

virginie_morisot
16-02-11, 10:46 PM
don't know if i'll be there hunny bunny :P
but see u very very soon

Jacde
17-02-11, 11:13 AM
Any goodies for the boxes for WB members who are currently deployed to warm places can be left at either the H&C (thanks Smelly :) ) and the PB (thanks Basil :) )
I'll be at the PB this Friday if anyone has anything fir me [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Must say a big thank you to Gerry, I'm sure your donations are going to go down a storm ;D

Jacde
19-02-11, 08:39 AM
Big thank you to Charley X for her bag of goodies, I didn't eat any of them, tho it's very tempting!

Thanks also to the mods for sticky-ing this thread [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

CBRowner
23-02-11, 01:04 AM
Hi All,

It's great what you guys are planning/doing for us.
I'm currently in Kandahar but may be moving in theatre, so if you need an address ask Jacde and she can send it to me and I'll dish them out to the guys out here and can even see if I can get some publicity through the media which may even help get the forum some recognition and maybe even some further support.

I'm also tempted to do an article in the White Horse News and I'll be sure to give you all a mention :)

Anyway, take care and I look forward to seeing you all very soon 8-)

StreetHippo
01-03-11, 08:45 PM
Where on KAF are you fella? I'm down here for a few days too, could meet up for a brew?

Stu

CBRowner
02-03-11, 09:59 PM
Where on KAF are you fella? I'm down here for a few days too, could meet up for a brew?

Stu

I've been moved to Kabul so I'm now no longer in KAF, which is a shame as it would have been nice to bump into a fellow WBer. :(

Jacde
03-03-11, 09:22 AM
Two more parcels on their way today, any donations for further parcels gratefully received, ta muchly :)
Remember donations can be left at the H&C or the Polebarn.

Chrismark
09-03-11, 08:52 PM
Jackie, thank you. I will give you my details once I deploy.

Once again, thank you. :)

CBRowner
10-03-11, 01:47 PM
I'd like to thank everyone for my parcel that arrived today :)

The biscuits were really popular and lasted all of 5 minutes and I'll share the rest with the guys within my section.

Thanks again guys, I really appreciate it :)

Jacde
11-03-11, 10:41 AM
Glad to know parcels are arriving safely and pretty quickly too, well done BFPO!
Chris Mark as soon have you have an address pm it to me and i'll get a parcel on its way to you.
Emlyn will have another parcel for you on it's way next week, any request for specfic contents?

CBRowner
11-03-11, 11:40 AM
Glad to know parcels are arriving safely and pretty quickly too, well done BFPO!
Chris Mark as soon have you have an address pm it to me and i'll get a parcel on its way to you.
Emlyn will have another parcel for you on it's way next week, any request for specfic contents?

I'm not fussy Jackie, it's nice to receive things out here especially as the Brit shop seems to be aimed at millionaires.

If there's anything you guys would like from here, feel free to let me know (AK47's aren't an option :D)

Nokesy
12-03-11, 05:10 PM
Only just seen this thread - Jackie, what a great idea! Will bring some bits over to yours next Friday :)

Emlyn - go on.... give me an idea as to what you and your guys would like in the next one?

CBRowner
12-03-11, 05:24 PM
Only just seen this thread - Jackie, what a great idea! Will bring some bits over to yours next Friday :)

Emlyn - go on.... give me an idea as to what you and your guys would like in the next one?

I could do with the will to live as this place is a giant, yet pretty, s**t hole ;D

I'm honestly not fussy when it comes to receiving gifts but as you're asking, I'd like a brand new R1 but with the 2kg limit, you'll have to send it bit by bit ::)

Jacde
12-03-11, 05:50 PM

I could do with the will to live as this place is a giant, yet pretty, s**t hole ;D

I'm honestly not fussy when it comes to receiving gifts but as you're asking, I'd like a brand new R1 but with the 2kg limit, you'll have to send it bit by bit ::)

It's not just the 2kg limit, remember it also has to fit in a shoe box! ;D

Nokesy
13-03-11, 07:06 AM
I'll start with the nuts and bolts then! ;D

Loops
23-03-11, 03:12 PM
I've been in touch with a guy at Mortons publications (who produce the Motorcycle Monthly mewspaper, amongst others) and he's going to try and send me a selection of their magazines each month - nothing guaranteed, but equally he won't charge us for them either :)

Jacde
25-03-11, 07:08 PM
That'll be great Loops. Tina is sending just reading material out to a contact who I think then passes it on whereas I'm sending boxes to WB'ers only with a bit of reading material plus goodies.

Loops
25-03-11, 07:25 PM
I'll get them to you as I recieve them and they can be sent out as and when needed or requested :)

Jacde
07-04-11, 05:24 PM
Thanks to Tina, Kev and Connor for some more supplies, another parcel boxed up and ready to be sent tomorrow. :)

CBRowner
11-05-11, 04:46 PM
Thanks guys for yet another parcel, I really appreciated it :)

The WBers mug survived the BFPO handling service and I'm using it on a daily basis. I'm hoping to get some good pics with the mug so that I can stick them on here for all to see.

Thanks again though for all the support you've given me and I look forward to seeing you all soon at the Polebarn or the Sally

Jacde
26-05-11, 10:05 PM
Have we got any WB'ers in the forces currently posted to Afghanistan? As far as I know they're all back in the UK at the mo.
Send me a pm and I'll send you out a parcel of goodies.

BladeTriple
27-05-11, 09:20 AM
Chris goes soon , give it a few weeks out there and I will try and get the address for where he is at . I'm sure he will appreciate it

Lisa

Chrismark
01-06-11, 09:55 PM
Jackie,

I have sent you a p.m.

Thanks.

BladeTriple
06-06-11, 04:25 PM
Stay safe out there Chris, have a good tour . You , the boys and girls are all to come back in 1 piece ! Good luck my old mate x

macthered
11-06-11, 06:42 PM
Well, im still technically in the RAF.I was med discharged ,free man on the 14th Oct after 21 years. I will have to work for a living now.............HELP hehe

Cheers

Mac

evansdn
20-07-11, 03:44 PM
Lets buy a second hand mini-moto and strip it down and send it in bits :) My Int Sgt managed to put together a mountain bike in parts sent out in the post to Iraq in 2004!

Maybe UPS have a Kandahar warehouse by now??? ;D

evansdn
03-08-11, 07:11 PM
Well, im still technically in the RAF.I was med discharged ,free man on the 14th Oct after 21 years. I will have to work for a living now.............HELP hehe

Cheers

Mac

It scares the living be-jesus out of me too! Especially as they are nixing the pensions sometime soon... fingers crossed it isn't too bad :(

macthered
30-08-11, 07:51 PM
Amen to that brother...