PDA

View Full Version : Mermaid meet in Wilt****e Gazette and Herald

ro
01-06-09, 03:29 AM
The Wednesday meet at the Mermaid gets a not-exactly-positive mention in the local paper:

Noisy motorbike meets can often upset neighbours but for one family in Christian Malford sharing their backyard with petrol heads doesn’t seem to be a problem.

The picturesque Mermaid Inn in Christian Malford has become the home of a family of nesting blue tits who have taken up residence in an outside cigarette box despite the pub being a popular meeting place for motorbike enthusiasts.

Pub regular Louise Hudd said she was surprised the birds were able to nest undisturbed.

She said: “I just can’t believe it, especially on a Wednesday night.

“The place is packed with people and motorbikes.

“There is usually between 20 and 30 bikes there but the birds don’t seem to mind, they just come and go quite happily.”

Read the rest of the article... (http://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/news/4402177.Home_tweet_home_in_a_Christian_Malford_s_p ub_ash_tray/)

hotdog
01-06-09, 09:20 AM
Not exactly positive? How do you deduce that?

It's a great story apart from the fact it should have said 50 to 60 bikes and growing :D

Dabz
01-06-09, 10:04 AM
nice stereotyping lol - noise, petrol heads...

Iceman
01-06-09, 10:22 AM
"Petrolheads"??? ::)

ro
01-06-09, 12:05 PM
Not exactly positive? How do you deduce that?

Well, the angle they're taking is that motorbikes are normally noisy and disruptive to wildlife and this is a surprising exception. I suppose it's much better than the usual press stories involving motorbikes, which seem mostly to be coverage of accidents. Perhaps we can help turn the tide by forwarding more positive items to "Joe Ware".

hotdog
01-06-09, 12:17 PM
Fair comment :D I was thinking of inviting Joe down so he can write the story from first hand experience rather than sat behind a desk lol.

Dabz
01-06-09, 03:18 PM
that would be a great plan, I know when we had the radio people at the sally they loved it :D

crewy
01-06-09, 07:05 PM
I think that next time im not working on a wednesday i shall have to pop down to this meet!!