PDA

View Full Version : Biking Holiday

IanTasker
03-06-09, 12:12 PM
Well i've decided im gonna treat my old man this year and pay for a biking holiday for the 2 of us, we're hoping to go somewhere near the coast in Europe but dont fancy riding for longer than 3 hours a day, basically just wanna mong out. Just curious if anyone has done anything similar and can recommend anywhere. Budgeting about £15-1800 for the 2 of us

igbell
03-06-09, 01:15 PM
I have dont the Noramandy / Britteny thing, was great, bassed at a campsite and then rode off from there to visit the beaches and the graves and what not.
Took the Tunnel across (as I am a poof on boats), then rode down to the site in a day, spent a week over there and loved it.

IanTasker
03-06-09, 02:04 PM
Cheers, was looking for somewhere a bit sunnier so thinking bout forking out for a Portsmouth to Santander/Bilbao ferry for the 2 of us.....aint cheap at £850 each tho and the other option is Portsmouth to St Malo then ride down the coast to somewhere like La Rochelle

igbell
03-06-09, 02:21 PM
That is a nice area as well, I like to go to Biriatz surfing, but I drive down as like I said before I dont do Ferrys.

BB
03-06-09, 11:09 PM
Normandy beaches are good for the war history buffs, Brittany and thataway has some more ancient stuff like Carnac (sp) All along that coast to LA Rochelle is interesting. A gang of about 12 of us on a selection of bikes did that area a few years ago.

BB

Chrissie
03-06-09, 11:21 PM
Have you seen that 'Euro holiday' offer under 'Ride and Meets' section it looks like a good bargain as 2 people have dropped out, ferry etc all included, think it mentioned Santander. Worth checking you may be able to adapt it to what you want at a bargain price. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

IanTasker
04-06-09, 11:27 AM
Ooo will check now :)

Roxy
04-06-09, 11:29 AM
just think of your poor dad on that bike for all those miles! I feel sorry for him already!

roxy ;)

IanTasker
04-06-09, 11:30 AM
Bugger thats an absolute steal! £130 return ferry to Santander is ridiculously cheap. I cant get away till August though :(

IanTasker
04-06-09, 11:31 AM
just think of your poor dad on that bike for all those miles! I feel sorry for him already!

roxy ;)

Yea the old git will be in bits mwah ha ha, nah we'll just stop whenever we want, dont want it to be a biking mission just a nice chilled out sort of holiday.

igbell
04-06-09, 11:59 AM
Yes dont do what my mate did to his now ex, he made her suffer until he was ready to stop, and now she has hardly any feeling in her right butt cheek...you can tell this cos if you pinch it she doesnt feel it and give you a slap... ;D ;D ;D

Roxy
04-06-09, 12:08 PM
ha ha ha..good one [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

roxy

igbell
04-06-09, 12:25 PM
It is she has a cute arse.....