PDA

View Full Version : California Superbike School

IanTasker
22-06-09, 10:35 AM
Looking at doing the level 1 course in July just wondering if anyone else has done this and if so would you recommend it?

crewy
22-06-09, 01:43 PM
Not done it my self Ian, but i have heard that it is quite good, im thinking of doing the Ron Haslam race school some time.

A guy i play football with used to be a helmet rep for arai, and he said he used to get to go on these schools for free and out of the two he thought that the Ron Haslam one was better, hence why i have chosen to do that one! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

IanTasker
22-06-09, 02:14 PM
Yea i was looking at that one too pal but it seems geared a lot more towards track riding than CSS and im not really confident enough for it

IanTasker
22-06-09, 02:15 PM
Plus you do CSS on your own bikes which i think is better

crewy
22-06-09, 02:36 PM
Fair enough mate, i will ask my mate about his experiences a bit more when i see him next, but he did say that both of them are worth doing

westcountryninja
22-06-09, 04:19 PM
i would go for it! i've done my level 3 now, it's so worth it!

really relaxed and there 1-2-1 help is good. You'll have your knee down in the first hour or so...

Just little thing make a massive difference! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Iceman
22-06-09, 05:46 PM
..Sounds great.! Wish I could afford it!

BB
22-06-09, 07:10 PM
IMHO It is worth the money and I would recommend it. I did it a couple of years ago and found it really useful [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

Davey
22-06-09, 08:18 PM
CSS is a great school you'll learn loads I've done 3 levels over the years also done Ron Haslam but preferred the CSS for track time but both tuition was good

ONFIRE
22-06-09, 08:27 PM
Booked up for this one sometime ago [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

SupeRDel
23-06-09, 06:52 AM
One of the members of the RD club is doing some training at the Haslam school.

He can get a discount for anyone wanting to do it and booking thru him

IanTasker
23-06-09, 08:12 AM
Del can you get back to me with rough prices please mate? I was thinking of holding off till after the holiday but EVERYONE i've spoken to says CSS is an awesome course and more than worth the money so am thinking it would benefit me doing it before the biking holiday

R1chie
23-06-09, 10:09 AM
Was looking at doing Level 1 CSS myself this year.

The only time I could fit it in would be August though.

bazacasa
28-06-09, 09:48 PM
I'd be interested in doing level 1 in August too - just got a new gixxer and I reckon the CSS is place to learn to ride it properly

IanTasker
29-06-09, 10:11 AM
I've held off booking for now so could be an idea to do a group booking in August and maybe get it a wee bit cheaper

P.S
Baza get on gixerjunkies mate top forum for all things GSXR related [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

kitkat
01-07-09, 09:17 AM
I did my Level 2 on Monday and can't rate CSS highly enough as the instructors can obviously ride like stars but more importantly are really really good at spotting what you are doing wrong and giving you feedback and demonstrations. Will post some pics when I can.

But, they are having their busiest year and July is fully booked and there are only a few placed left in August so get in there quick!

dave

Iceman
01-07-09, 04:13 PM
Del can you get back to me with rough prices please mate?

,....I'd be interested too!

drinky
02-07-09, 08:04 AM
My mate just did level 1 at Silverstone, he was quite dissapointed with it. He wasn't the only one either by all accounts. He was chatting to some blokes who'd just done Ron Haslam and they say that both courses taech different techniques. Also that the idea of sitting around a white board is a bit 'out of date'.
However I've got a mate who races BSB and is a motorcycle journo and he rates it highly so it seems its 'horses for courses', bit on the expensive side though in my opinion.