PDA

View Full Version : They just dont look!!

jack930
21-06-09, 02:12 PM
Whent on the ride to Bournemouth,,

Got to Salisbury ring road, when going round one of the roundabouts, in the right hand lane a car decides to pull across and force me to Hit the cerb and crash barrier,,

The car didnt even stop, so i was left flat on the floor trying to pick the bike up >:( ,

Im Ok just wisted me back, and the usuall Damage to the bike ,Break lever bent,,clutch casing scuffed,,pluss all me fairings scuffed also brocken indi..

Ended up going home leaving the others to carry on ,,as me back was hurting,,

Hope the other guys had a nice time with no incidents,,

Ryan
21-06-09, 03:30 PM
:( sorry to hear that jack! glad you okay, some bloody car drivers just dont care about us bikers! did you get his plate? report him if u did!

Roxy
21-06-09, 03:59 PM
Jack

sorry to read about your accident..hope you are ok chick. Bloody car drivers, I BET IT WAS A WOMAN!!! (sorry girls but I am sure 90% of woman are crap drivers)

Anyway hope you are ok and have not damaged you or the bike too much...bikes can be replaced, you can't. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

roxy :)

midnight
21-06-09, 04:18 PM
Hope you are well Jack, missed a great hotdog and chips on the seafront. :( Still here to fight another day. Shame you were at the back or one of us could have caught up with the driver(wanker).

FJ_Biker
21-06-09, 04:42 PM
bl**dy car driving scum, keep am eye on your back

Last Train
21-06-09, 05:39 PM
Shame you were at the back or one of us could have caught up with the driver(wanker).

Yeah That >:(

Mend well mate

BB
21-06-09, 05:54 PM
Sorry to hear about this but at least you live to ride another day [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Not always women Roxy, but sadly it frequently is! :o

BB

KP
21-06-09, 06:32 PM
glad your ok matey, thats the main thing, we all went to swanage in the car today, and some t**t nearly wiped us all out, he was trying to overtake a line of cars, and dived into the non existing gap in front of me, still dont know how we didn`t crash.

Ryan
21-06-09, 08:02 PM
Jack

sorry to read about your accident..hope you are ok chick. Bloody car drivers, I BET IT WAS A WOMAN!!! (sorry girls but I am sure 90% of woman are crap drivers)

Anyway hope you are ok and have not damaged you or the bike too much...bikes can be replaced, you can't. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

corrrr fair play to that, a women who admits women are crap car drivers ;D

Roxy
21-06-09, 08:14 PM
Jack

corrrr fair play to that, a women who admits women are crap car drivers ;D

steady on ickle bambino ;)...I didn't say ALL woman, of course I exclude myself from the 90% ;D I have always moaned about the fact that most woman don't know the width, length, how to park, or capability of the car their husband/boyfriend has bought for them!! they drive me mad >:(

anyway thanks for the support!!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

jack930
21-06-09, 08:16 PM
Ive just been told i might be able to claim comp,,under somthing called MIB,,Motor Insurers Bureau ??

Does any one know of any info regarding this

jack930
21-06-09, 08:17 PM
Ive just been told i might be able to claim comp,,under somthing called MIB,,Motor Insurers Bureau ??

BTW me back has well and truly seezed up :'( :'(

Honda_Star
22-06-09, 01:15 AM
Jack - PM me the details of what happened and I will speak to someone at work for you and see if i can help [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

R1chie
22-06-09, 01:45 AM

http://www.mib.org.uk/Home/en/default.htm

I went through the MIB after my crash a couple of years back. I didn't get anything from them in the end but that was due to the nature of the accident, nothing to do with them.

Have a look and then submit a claim. You can download the form and post it off. They get in touch quite quickly initially but it may slow down afterwards.

It is worthwhile doing as well as using a solicitor if you decide to go down that route (they should advise you to go through the MIB anyway)

Just in case, take pics of your bike showing the damage done, keep any receipts of repairs/parts etc and record any injuries, payment for treatments etc The usual legal gubbings

Ducatista
22-06-09, 08:55 AM
Hope you back gets better soon Jack.
If in doubt go to your doctors.
I was in a minor car accident some time ago. As my company had a nurse (Lucent) we went to see her and she told me to keep moving my neck to prevent the formation of scar tissue.

They might be able to give you some really useful advice like that to stop you having long term problems in future.
Don't think your wasting their time, quite the opposite.
It could save you long term problems.

Women might be bad car drivers but men are crap at going to the doctors ;)

ONFIRE
22-06-09, 09:41 AM
GWS Jack

You might want to give this company a call,

Richie11(Fletchers Solicitors) from TM gave me some good advice [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Company dedicated to Motorcyclist claims 8-)http://www.fletcherssolicitors.co.uk/

Ducatista
22-06-09, 09:51 AM

I might have read this wrong, but MIB is for claims where the driver is untraceable or uninsured.
All insurers (and hence insured motorists) contribute to the costs for providing this.

I'm therefore assuming that Jck didn't get the numberplate as he was dealing with the kerb and coming off (quite understandable).

If my assumption is correct then a solicitor won't be of any use as there is no-one to go-after.
If the other motorist is unknown then you either have to claim off your fully comp insurance, or use MIB (if applicable) or pay for it yourself.
A solicitor can go after 3rd parties but they can't do anything if you don't know who the 3rd party is.

MIB only pays out in some situations and I believe the excess is £300 but the link will give further details.

crewy
22-06-09, 01:47 PM
Glad to hear your ok mate, shame about the bike, but at least your ok.

MIB - I thought this stood for Men In Black??? lol

Iceman
22-06-09, 05:05 PM
Glad you're ok mate! Shame about the bike damage.What can I say about yet another plonker motorisit showing total disregard for fellow road users!

jack930
23-06-09, 12:02 AM
Jack - PM me the details of what happened and I will speak to someone at work for you and see if i can help [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Yeh will do,,ty [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Robf
23-06-09, 12:34 AM
I might have only been on the road a couple of months but i've had quite a few people cut me up on round abouts and even in straight lines but never had a problem like that, hope you get better soon.

Rob

Sharik
23-06-09, 02:41 PM
Salisbury has quite comprehensive cctv coverage you may wish to make enquiries with the local authority and/or police if they hold footage that may allow you to identify the vehicle owner. If you have not done so, reporting the incident to the police would be a wise move; a very slim chance the driver's conscience got the better of him/her and reported the incident themselves.

ONFIRE
23-06-09, 02:54 PM

I might have read this wrong, but MIB is for claims where the driver is untraceable or uninsured.
All insurers (and hence insured motorists) contribute to the costs for providing this.

I'm therefore assuming that Jck didn't get the numberplate as he was dealing with the kerb and coming off (quite understandable).

If my assumption is correct then a solicitor won't be of any use as there is no-one to go-after.
If the other motorist is unknown then you either have to claim off your fully comp insurance, or use MIB (if applicable) or pay for it yourself.
A solicitor can go after 3rd parties but they can't do anything if you don't know who the 3rd party is.

MIB only pays out in some situations and I believe the excess is £300 but the link will give further details.

Like said they all dedicated to motorcyclist and may be able to give some good advice 8-)

FJ_Biker
23-06-09, 03:15 PM
Salisbury has quite comprehensive cctv coverage you may wish to make enquiries with the local authority and/or police if they hold footage that may allow you to identify the vehicle owner. If you have not done so, reporting the incident to the police would be a wise move; a very slim chance the driver's conscience got the better of him/her and reported the incident themselves.

Jack this is worth a try

jack930
24-06-09, 12:36 AM
yeh been in tuch with local plod,,gota fill some paprwork out and send it off,,also gota go Doc's for a report then ring the claims dep back on Monday,,,

Chrissie
25-06-09, 12:46 PM
Jack that's BAD, u sure he didn't pick you out specially? Maybe someone whose been on the end of some of your jibes ::)

Sorry to hear bout the incident but very glad you're alright....ish hope you get what ur owed. (compensation) ;D

Bikermouse
03-07-09, 09:27 PM
Sorry to hear about your off but glad you were not too seriously hurt.

Some car drivers don't have a clue, I had one cut me up on Sunday last week on the route out of Newbury.

kj

kes2463
06-07-09, 09:49 AM
Sorry to read about the spill Jack :(, Ducatista is right, take care of you now & don't suffer in the long term.

It must be an man ego thing not to seek help or get it initially but not follow it through to the end (my shoulder still gives me hassle after 12 years & I can't fix it up now :'()

weefrenchie
07-07-09, 02:31 PM
Sorry to hear abuot that Jack :(

I work for a solicitor, as long as you have a Legal Expenses Insurance (LEI) they will help you with your claim and they will pursue it through the MIB if the driver is untraced.
One of the conditions is that you must have reported the accident to the Police so make sure that you do and that you get the incident number and details of who you reported it to etc...
If you don't have a LEI, you can get an "after-the-event" policy which will cover the legal costs of your claim - PM me if you want more info on this, my firm should be able to help you, although Fletchers should be able to help you just as well. Or they might do the work on a CFA basis - it's a Conditional Fee Agreement, which basically says that if you recover, they will charge their fee and recover it from the opponents (the MIB in your case) and if you lose, they won't charge anything - also called a "no win no fee" agreement.

The MIB used to have an excess of £300 for damage other than Personal Injury so they would deduct £300 from your claim when they pay out but rumour is that they no longer apply the XS so you might be lucky on this!

Anyway, if you want more information please send me a PM and we can discuss it!

jack930
07-07-09, 07:46 PM
cheers will do WF