PDA

View Full Version : motorcycle intercom

Basher
09-07-09, 05:42 PM
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has a motorcycle intercom for sale, or can advise me on a good make, I hear the cheap ones are not much good, I was looking to spend about £50 - £100 pounds, would that buy me something any good ?
I would like it to be rider to pillan, nice and clear, in helmet microphones and also with an mp3 or ipod input any ideas ?
thanks basher

p.s have a differant bike now, a bmw r1150r and i love it :D

Iceman
09-07-09, 07:14 PM
I was in Maplins,Swindon yesterday checking out the exact same Intercom systems They started at £20 going up to £99 I believe,but like you said you want something good.Go online and check out what's available and user reviews! I'm going to buy the cheap £20 one to try them out.

Basher
09-07-09, 08:55 PM
Will do, iceman will let u know how I get on.

Davey
09-07-09, 09:58 PM
Autocom - there was a sale on for half price kits to clear the old stock but think thats ended now but could be worth checking about

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38&_nkw=autocom

I've tried the cheapy kits in the past and binned them - then again I no longer take pillions and enjoy the peace and quiet (except my noisy exhaust or ipod)

Beamer
10-07-09, 02:37 PM
to be perfectly honest I have to say I'm glad kev and I dont have an intercom......I really dont fancy hearing kev cussing all the terrible car drivers etc etc ...... I just love the piece and quiet and looking at the scenery.... selfish eh?? but thats the joys of being a pillion type person lol lol ;D ;D

p.s I'm sure Kev loves the fact he doesnt have to hear my incessant nattering as well lol lol ;D

bubblylittleme
10-07-09, 10:31 PM
I buy lidl's biker intercom at £5.99 each year to replace previous years one. works great for my daughter and I but is ear pieces which can hurt on long distances.

Kevinb
11-07-09, 11:03 AM
Don't believe in intercoms. I squeeze my wife's leg and she taps mine to make sure she's ok (& still on the back)

Visors up in a 30mph limit and have a quick chat. Visors down when we see the national speed limit sign and then chat at the next villiage if we need to.

If we want to chat and have music we use the car.

igbell
11-07-09, 11:31 AM
I have a Starcom system and I recomend it, apart from when you go over the ton then it breaks up.
I used it for when the wife and I went to the south of france for 2 weeks, it was good to use for directions and music, I now use it just for music (as the wife does not ride with me any more since the the baby came along).

Robf
11-07-09, 12:49 PM
me and my dad have got the scala rider q2 which isn't cheap but has everything you stated above, the set allows for pillion and bike to bike upto 500m away and still clear at that distance

Beamer
11-07-09, 01:42 PM
Don't believe in intercoms. I squeeze my wife's leg and she taps mine to make sure she's ok (& still on the back)

Visors up in a 30mph limit and have a quick chat. Visors down when we see the national speed limit sign and then chat at the next villiage if we need to.

If we want to chat and have music we use the car.

lol....same as us.......makes for much more pleasant ride lol.... nowt against those who like intercom's but not having one has its benefits too ;D