PDA

View Full Version : Calne Bike Show - Volunteers Wanted!

Dabz
10-07-09, 09:44 AM
As most of you know, we're not only having an announced ride-in this year at the Calne Bike Show (Sat 25th) but also a trade stand where we're doing a 'guess the combined mileage' game with proceeds going to the rotary club (who split them between a few charities)

So that myself and Amante don't have to spend all day on the stand (we have to miss the ride-in too and have to be there by stupid o'clock in the morning...end of sob story) it'd be great if people would volunteer to do an hour or two manning the stand. It'll involve talking to people about WB and selling raffle tickets for mileage guesses. Ideally you'd be wearing a WB tshirt or hoodie so people know who they're giving money to!

The ride-in thread is here if you want to join that: http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1239491024

KP
10-07-09, 01:39 PM
as i said last night mate i will do a stint or two on the stand if needed,im gonna be there most of the day dont have any other plans for that day :) :)

Beamer
10-07-09, 02:23 PM
I dont mind doing the stand whilst you all do the ride in thing.....but not sure if I qualify being just a pillion type person and of little knowledge in the motorbike field etc..... but am willing to 'wing it' if you like??.....also I do have a 'proper' t-shirt if that helps lol lol

p.s.....I wont be offended if someone of geater intelligence is chosen to do this rather official job lol

;D ;D ;D

BB
10-07-09, 03:00 PM
No real intelligence needed to deal with the average biker! Just smile at them and the normally smile back! :D

I'm afraid I can't commit to do a stint as my bike will be on another stand but I hope to escape and see you as well as have a look round. Come to think of it - where will the WB stand be? :-?

BB

Roxy
10-07-09, 03:24 PM
I dont mind doing the stand whilst you all do the ride in thing.....but not sure if I qualify being just a pillion type person and of little knowledge in the motorbike field etc..... but am willing to 'wing it' if you like??.....also I do have a 'proper' t-shirt if that helps lol lol

p.s.....I wont be offended if someone of geater intelligence is chosen to do this rather official job lol

;D ;D ;D

Same with me..I don't mind doing a shift on the stand if needed so you guys can have a look around. Not sure what help I will be if someone talks technical to me :-/ BUT I can chat for England so happy to help.

roxy :)

Dabz
10-07-09, 03:25 PM
thanks guys :D no idea where the stand is yet...hoping that Amante will let us know soon!

BB
10-07-09, 03:34 PM
Same with me..I don't mind doing a shift on the stand if needed so you guys can have a look around. Not sure what help I will be if someone talks technical to me :-/ BUT I can chat for England so happy to help.

Confirmed! :D :-*

BB

Roxy
10-07-09, 03:40 PM

Confirmed! :D :-*

BB

::) LOL x

Hannah
10-07-09, 04:35 PM
I thought the stand was going to be in the car park behind the houses on New Road? Where they usually have the stands for all the clothing etc. Don't quote me on that as I could be wrong.

sburv
10-07-09, 08:29 PM
I don't mind going on the stand for a bit. Give me a PM if you need me :)

R1chie
10-07-09, 10:07 PM
BUT I can chat for England so happy to help.

Well....you are female!!

**ducks and runs for cover! :D**

Roxy
10-07-09, 10:09 PM
BUT I can chat for England so happy to help.

Well....you are female!!

**ducks and runs for cover! :D**

;D ;D thanks richie!!! ::)

R1chie
10-07-09, 10:12 PM
hehe no problem ;D

**still hiding**

Roxy
10-07-09, 10:14 PM
no need to hide....big softie here!!!

roxy ;)

Roxy
20-07-09, 08:49 PM

;D ;D ;D

Dabz
Do you need me to do a shift on the stand?..no worries if you want a proper biker on there ;). I've not been to the Calne Bike Meet before so you will have to let me know if my body is required! ;D Thats goes for Beamer too!! ;D

roxy [smiley=thumbsup.gif]