PDA

View Full Version : Fatality

BB
29-07-09, 08:04 PM
I hear a biker from Purton lost his life on the Warminster bypass yesterday and another is in hospital. A bunch of 5 friends on their way to Poole.

RIP to the Purton lad and GWS to the other

BB

Davey
29-07-09, 08:50 PM
Unfortunatly this is quite close to home - I can't say anything at the moment apart from RIP fellow biker and thoughts to family and friends

Iceman
29-07-09, 10:16 PM
my sympathy and condolence to the family!

Dabz
30-07-09, 08:37 AM
RIP and condolences to the family...always horrible to hear of a death especially on a road I ride very often

Kevinb
30-07-09, 08:50 AM
Not nice to hear. We all take a risk as soon as we hop on our bikes or climb into our cars.
Heart goes out to both families

igbell
30-07-09, 02:23 PM
Sorry to hear that...

KP
30-07-09, 04:44 PM
very sad news... R.I.P

Gerry
30-07-09, 04:50 PM
Very sad.

Our condolences to his family & friends.

Happened on a fast, striaght bit of A road next to a lay-by.
Just them and a car involved driven by a 79yo.

Should not judge just on this alone I know, but 79 is pushing it to still be driving for most people.

BB
30-07-09, 04:59 PM
I am led to believe the volvo driver was doing a u turn... :o

BB

Gerry
30-07-09, 11:34 PM
I wondered if that had happened, I go down that road daily and have seen people try that there before.
It's to fast a road and on a curve to try that, I've seen some near misses before.
The right hand turn (to the Skirmish place in the wood) opposite is also really bad. You see people stopped waiting to turn right there - frightening.

Kevinb
31-07-09, 08:47 AM
It said in the Wiltshire Times that he was doing a U turn. The police let him go without pressing charges which is worrying. He should be done for man slaughter and careless driving.
I'm sure if I did something that stupid without taking notice of what was going on around me I would probably get locked up.

drinky
31-07-09, 10:49 AM
Thats disgusting, the least he should be done for is driving without due care. Absolutely disgusted about that decision by the police. I wonder if it was the same ignoramous who did me for speeding there a few weeks ago, would be about right, banged to rights with a speeding fine, no paperwork to do and no enquiries to be made as opposed to someone who's careless driving has killed someone and desimated a family, far to much paperwork there to meet targets etc etc. Sometimes I wonder what they are thinking of?

Dabz
31-07-09, 11:04 AM
that's absolutely ridiculous

Davey
31-07-09, 11:21 AM
The rider has now been formally identified as Nicholas L’Estrange - he is well known at GW's as his daughter works for us. He was a top bloke always nice to everyone, never had an attitude and everyone that knows him spoke highly of him.

as I wasn't there I cannot comment about what 'might' of happened etc

R1chie
31-07-09, 05:03 PM
Sorry to hear about this, never good to read.

RIP

Ryan
31-07-09, 05:44 PM
Not good to hear more sad news, RIP

Bikermouse
31-07-09, 07:20 PM
RIP Nicholas - sincere condolences to his family and friends. I hope the injured biker and the others who were following closely behind are not to traumatised by the events of Tuesday.

If Mr 79 year old was indeed doing a U turn he needs to be severely dealt with.

kj

Plug
31-07-09, 08:16 PM
Its never good to hear news like this. R.I.P

schwee
31-07-09, 10:24 PM
RIP fellow biker, my thoughts are with family and friends and all those who have lost someone in this way.

How can anyone possibly comment on the 79yr old and what should or shouldn't happen to him. Enquiries take time as no stone is left unturned. He will be dealt with, but in slow time, when all the evidence is gathered, which can take months.

Let's keep this thread dignified? Surely?

Dabz
01-08-09, 08:07 AM
well said - must admit it's easy to jump to conclusions and get angry without knowing the full details

crewy
01-08-09, 11:35 AM
Sad to hear of this, seems to be happening quite a bit of late. RIP to the biker that got killed

BB
01-08-09, 11:35 AM
I agree Schwee, the old fella made a grave mistake and will have to live with that knowledge. I started this thread to express my sorrow that a fellow biker had died, not to judge.

BB