PDA

View Full Version : BMW GS - got one or know someone who has read this

alanTDM
03-08-09, 02:47 PM
4th post down
http://www.bikersoracle.com/vfr/forum/showthread.php?t=96919

Uber Dave
03-08-09, 06:14 PM
My Dad has a 09 plate 1200gs thanks for posting this, I will forward the link onto him.

The one he has at the moment however is his third (the first was the 1150gs) and this is the first one he has had a problem with. After just a month or so of owning it, one of the joints where the brake pipes run through the frame split (thankfully he just got home and onto the drive when it went properly) and it leaked the entire reservoir of brake fluid over the bike stripping the engine casing of the lacquer and paint and ruining the exhaust system finish too. Took nearly a month and a half to get back as BMW took their time deciding what to do with it then as they had no spares for it (even in Germany) had to build some and iun the end they didn't replace the entire engine like should have happened they replaced the right hand cylinder and some other parts which took ages as they had to skim the cylinder I believe.

They are awesome bikes but their build quality seems to have gone down hill in the last few years since my Dad has been riding them.

igbell
05-08-09, 02:25 PM
So if this bike is built to go off road, how come they support it after it has gone off road?? that is poor....