PDA

View Full Version : Bike Service?

dazlow
08-09-09, 12:28 PM
Anybody had a service done on there bike in Warminster or Westbury?
My ninja is due a yearly service and was wondering if anybody had any recommendations?

Also what are peoples opinions on dealer servicing? Is it a waste of money taking it to the dealers? Is that stamp in the service book worth the extra cost when it comes to selling up?

Cheers for any advice
Daz

Geordie Stu
08-09-09, 02:04 PM
I would do it myself, if its only simple routine maintenance like Oil, Oil fliter, Plugs & Air filter. ANything more than that I would go dealership. I have a Z750 09 so mine goes dealership.

Had a GSXR on 03 did all small stuff myself. If you try Bike Aid in Trowbridge does a good job. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Hannah
08-09-09, 03:23 PM
I take mine to GW but only because its a 125 from there and its going to get changed to a 600 from there soon. Mine's due its 7000 mile one. I think if I had an older bike rather than a brand new one I would go to a local garage if I was given a good recommendation.

Dabz
08-09-09, 03:55 PM
I have mine done by Terry at D&H Motorcycles in Bath, always an excellent price, tho my bike is 7 years old now so I don't bother using a main dealer

dazlow
08-09-09, 04:53 PM
My ninja is a 2007 so not that old. I have serviced previous bikes in the past but I'm only home for the weekend so time is short.
Looking at getting the job done at Roy Vincents in Warminster as price is good. Anyone had experiance of the place? :-?

Kevinb
08-09-09, 05:05 PM
I have used Lightning services in Hilperton, but tend to use Pheonix in Bradley road, Trowbridge (Yamaha main dealer) to service my MT-01 and mot and service my wife's 1982 Honda CM250. Never had problems and always pleasant. Drop the bike off the previous evening and pick it up by 6pm the next day. Works for me. I've always thought of Roy Vincent's as to 'back street'

Cheers

Kev

Thorkill_The_Tall
08-09-09, 10:38 PM
I have used Lightning services in Hilperton, but tend to use Pheonix in Bradley road, Trowbridge (Yamaha main dealer) to service my MT-01 and mot and service my wife's 1982 Honda CM250. Never had problems and always pleasant. Drop the bike off the previous evening and pick it up by 6pm the next day. Works for me. I've always thought of Roy Vincent's as to 'back street'

Cheers

Kev

You are a very lucky man to manage to get Kevin to service any bike as old as a 1982. Usually, he won't touch anything more than 3 years old, five years if he sold it to you and serviced it.
He's a nice enough bloke, though, even if he is a bit of a grumpy bastard at times ;)

Roy Vincent is a decent enough chap, too. Never actually had him service anything of mine, but he has a good local reputation.

Kevinb
09-09-09, 08:32 AM
First time we had work done on the Honda I didn't tell him the age, just asked if he serviced them ;)

finbar
09-09-09, 12:28 PM
What mileage has it done? Will you want new plugs and air filter?

dazlow
09-09-09, 01:21 PM
About 5000 miles, I believe it gets new plugs and air filter at 8000 miles? Which will probably be next years service as I don'tt get to ride her as often as I would like due to working abroad.