PDA

View Full Version : The Very Best of 2009

Geordie Stu
10-09-09, 09:11 AM
This is taken from Superbike Magazine. The very best of 2009. Bit early for the best bits as its only September

Best Bike of 2009 Aprilia RSV 4

Best Litre Bike 2009 Yamaha YZF-R1

Best 600 Triumph Daytona 675

Best Naked Bike Ducati Streetfighter

Bet of the Rest KTM SM 990T

Best Technology Advance Yamaha YZF R1

Best Clothing Gimoto Race Suit

Best Boots Puma V1000V2

Best Helmet Arai RX-7GP

Best Gloves Dainese Joust

Best things to do Best days out

Tackday Anglesey

Best Ride B1176 Lincolnshire

That just about covers it left out a few othe best bits, these are based on the Superbike team. not mine.

RIDE WELL & BE SAFE [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Dabz
10-09-09, 10:00 AM
Nice to see the Daytona 675 up there as best 600 again - I sooo want one!

Davey
10-09-09, 06:07 PM
Really those lists don't mean anything -

Arai best helmet .....if it fits same with clothing as long as you're not too thin or fat

Aprilia best bike - don't fancy it on my next rideout off road
these lists are all good if

etc etc

Don't worry I used to say the same stuff to them when I lent them my own bikes for reviews

Geordie Stu
10-09-09, 07:55 PM
Really those lists don't mean anything -

Arai best helmet .....if it fits same with clothing as long as you're not too thin or fat

Aprilia best bike - don't fancy it on my next rideout off road
these lists are all good if

etc etc

Don't worry I used to say the same stuff to them when I lent them my own bikes for reviews

Like I said results from Superbike not my opinion :-/

Davey
10-09-09, 09:47 PM
Thats why I put the last bit as I used to have the arguements all the time with them - everyone has their own opinions for what is the best for their own requirements [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

igbell
10-09-09, 10:21 PM
too true Stu

suet
10-09-09, 10:44 PM
Done that road in Lincs, it is fun!! As are a few others up there! 8-)

Scotty
11-09-09, 01:22 PM
Hmmm... seems like Superberk have been infected with the same "Rossi inspired" mania as More Crap than News... I'm sure that the new R1 is a great bike, but the more objective reviews don't put it top of the heap (but they're all relatively subjective anyway)
Working on the things from a racing perspective, the engine is 104mm wider than the last one, which gives real problems with ground clearance, especially on left-handers, and the engine alone is 5kg heavier than the last one too. Dialling in a set of race cams is much more difficult than before, and the reset procedure for the camchain tensioner (necessary before re-installing) is laughable. In our first race with it this year we recorded a dnf due to a serious oil leak that we couldn't trace - back at the workshop a stripdown revealed the culprit to be a bolt beneath the starter motor - one that hadn't been touched in race prep! The same problem affected a number of other teams too, and was it responsible for Leon Camier's smoking bike and subsequent black flag in the Cadwell BSB round? Have Yamaha issued a warranty recall for all the R1s to sort this issue, because it'll manifest itself on road bikes sooner or later? It's an engine-out job to fix as well... Best Technological Advance? My arse... >:(

Best bike, best gear, best anything.... who cares? We have to make our own decisions when buying, not run our lives around what a bunch of journalists preach... ::)

Right, I'll retire back to my armchair in the grumpy corner now... mutter, grumble... ;)

R1chie
11-09-09, 06:24 PM
Want a humbug to suck on? ;D

Scotty
11-09-09, 10:41 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but looking at the prize categories, isn't the Aprilia RSV4 a litre bike anyway? How can it have 1000cc and be best overall bike, but not be the best 1000cc bike? ::)
I haven't bought Superberk since the 80s, no prizes for guessing why.... ;D

R1chie
11-09-09, 11:30 PM
Good point.

Covering their bases for future test rides no doubt

Tongy
14-09-09, 12:17 AM
Good list. Still can't afford any of it :-[