PDA

View Full Version : Rear paddock stand

HensonA
29-09-09, 01:47 PM
My bike does not have a centre stand so need to get a rear paddock stand to do basic stuff like chain lube etc.....I'm not mechanically minded at all !!!!..

Don't have threads in swing arms for bobbins to be screwed into so will need stand with either cups or similar to lift bike by swing arms.

Are all paddock stands OK or are there any manufacturers to be avoided??

Thanks

Adrian

PS... I have just got booked onto the last Bikesafe course this Sunday at Urchfont Manor. There may still be a few places left ...see my comments in BikeSafe 2009 subject for contact details etc.

Geordie Stu
29-09-09, 04:10 PM
You can get Paddocks stand that are adjustable to lift the bike via the Swing arm. try looking on www.bikeit.co.uk

or ride over to GM Stevens in Trowbridge & pick up a free copy they also have a selection of paddock stands. Also consider a front stand also [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

kingjase
29-09-09, 04:50 PM
just watch when u try to lift it as i nearly dropped mine the other day.

jj
29-09-09, 06:19 PM
i use a abba stand, really easy to use on your own

HensonA
30-09-09, 10:36 AM
.... thanks for the comments / advice guys.

Adrian

finbar
30-09-09, 11:33 PM
Abba type stands are very stable, really good for working on bikes. Rear paddock stands need a smooth'ish floor that is near level, if your place is neither an Abba stand is the way to go.

Been using normal type paddock stands for years and had my first real 'wobble' a few months ago, so you have to always be careful. I am more than happy to tutor you with whatever stand you go for. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]