PDA

View Full Version : New Avon Storm 2 Ultra

alanTDM
04-10-09, 10:36 PM
Heard about this 2 weeks ago. supersedes and compatible with other Storm.Dual compound 12% more mileage better grip Dry/Wet been told they should be out November 2009 but pdf says next january
http://www.worldofbiketyres.com/Documents/avon.pdf

finbar
05-10-09, 12:20 AM
Thanks for the info. Winter is coming so I was going to get the ST Storms out but I might wait to replace the rear till these bad boys are available. Regarding the Nov 09 to Jan 10 release I would assume the popular sizes would be phased in first, so 120/70/17, 180/50/17 and 190/50/17 runners should be ok! [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

I hope they have got around the weird wear problems associated with dual compound tyres..weird 'stepping' where the different compounds meet etc!

alanTDM
05-10-09, 10:09 PM
I need to get a new rear to replace my 150/70 x 17" Storm but looks like ill just miss out getting a new Ultra,Dont think it will last long enough >:( :(

alanTDM
08-10-09, 05:22 PM
Got my Avon Storm fitted today, had alook at ithe one on the bike and decided it wouldnt last till the Ultra Storm came out at the dealers in the size i needed but they had a 180 size in stock.
apparently the new Ultra Storm as the same compound in the centre as the old St Azaro which did last me longer,and different new compounds on the outer edges of the tyre.

R2D2
08-10-09, 06:54 PM
Total novice question, but - how would these suit a Yamaha Thundercat?

alanTDM
08-10-09, 10:29 PM
I use to have a Thundercat, use to run Pirelli Dragon GS they were good.
I think thee Avons Storms would suit the the Cat i would use them if i still had the bike.
There is a Thundercat forum use to be on MSN groups but its moved now havent got the link but im sure you would find it if you Googled it.
they would prob have info on Avon tyres for the Cat!

finbar
08-10-09, 11:39 PM
Run them on a GSXR1000, so a 600 will not find them lacking. I can get them for you for a good price now too! [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Just PM if you need...I will do you a special members price mate! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] (consists of ringing Bob Missens grumpy tyre fitter,getting a price then knocking £1 off!, can't promise that I can be as grumpy though ;D)

Finbar [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

R2D2
09-10-09, 08:31 AM
Cheers Finbar, don't quite need new rubber yet but I do plenty of miles so I'm sure it's just a matter of time [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Alan, already found it mate [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] but as the topic came up here, just thought I'd ask!

Cheers

Chris