PDA

View Full Version : Biker from Chippenham injured

Bikermouse
06-11-09, 01:13 PM
I've just read this on the Gazette & Herald website. http://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/news/headlines/4724903.Biker_suffers__life_changing__injuries_in_ horror_crash/ I'm hoping it's not one of ours. However, whoever it is, I wish you a speedy and full recovery.

kj

igbell
06-11-09, 01:20 PM
Sorry to hear that and all the best to who ever it is...

Roll_on
06-11-09, 04:20 PM
I have a feeling life changing means the poor guy may have lost one or both legs. I don't know anyone who rides a Honda Vulcan trike.

BB
06-11-09, 08:47 PM
Bad news, GWS

BB

Dabz
07-11-09, 09:28 AM
Awful news, that can be a difficult road to ride and I know a lot of people cut the corners. GWS

alanTDM
07-11-09, 11:27 AM
Thats bad news to hear, heard it on the news that lunch time but they didnt say it was a biker.

Thats a bad junction at The Plough Inn what ever way your travelling,I use to live near there and if your coming from Bradford and want to turn right you have to be quick to get across the junction to go along the country lane.Traffic coming from 5 ways cannot be seen till the last minute cause the junction is at top of the hill and the road sweeps down to the left.
However even coming out from the country lane on to that main road its still bad but you can see further down the road/hill so see the traffic coming up earlier.
Coming up the hill from 5 Ways you dont really see the traffic trying to turn right or coming out of the country lane till you are at the Plough Inn,so its always best to approach that junction slower than the 50 mph speed limit and expect traffic to be turning right there into your path.

SupeRDel
08-11-09, 09:10 PM
I have a feeling life changing means the poor guy may have lost one or both legs.

Any crash is sad news - but you really should not speculate on injuries or how the crash happened.

It how rumours start.

alanTDM
08-11-09, 10:08 PM
Im not speculating,im just informing people how bad that junction is at The Plough ,Bradford Leigh.So when one rides that road they will know to be careful there which ever way they are travelling.
Its says in the paper that it was at Bradford Leigh near The Plough but there are farm entrances and private drives along that road aswell.

SupeRDel
09-11-09, 12:05 AM
Your reply is a perfect example of wot I mean about speculation .

Read my posting again a bit more closely - people don't read things properly so a bit of speculation can easoly become a rumour