PDA

View Full Version : Biker Stopped by police

Geordie Stu
16-11-09, 08:06 PM
Today around 6ish, while driving down "The Down" in Trowbridge I saw blue flashing lights, as I got closer saw what looked like a silver FZR had been stopped by an unmarked BMW,

Was that you...?

Thorkill_The_Tall
16-11-09, 10:51 PM
Nope - wouldn't be seen dead on either..........

Robf
17-11-09, 09:54 AM
nope- not a chance seeing as i ride a black CBF 250

RoyalEnfieldRob
18-11-09, 01:55 PM
There was THREE police cars stopping bikes on Hilperton Road on Tuesday. One just off Paxcroft Mead roundabout, and two by the Fire Station.

Roll_on
18-11-09, 02:29 PM
There are several unmarked BMW police cars around our area I have been stopped twice in both instances while riding my Ducati, once because they did not like my number plate (I since refitted the full size plate) and the second time for no apparent reason I was told they wanted to check the bike for noise. In both cases they found nothing wrong and I certainly had not been speeding.

Jon_W
18-11-09, 03:30 PM
There was THREE police cars stopping bikes on Hilperton Road on Tuesday. One just off Paxcroft Mead roundabout, and two by the Fire Station.

Were there??? Obviously my Superdream isn't worth it!!!

Ducatista
18-11-09, 03:50 PM
In both cases they found nothing wrong and I certainly had not been speeding.

What a waste of resources when there are so many other things they could be doing >:(

Bonnielass
18-11-09, 05:33 PM
There did seem to be a big presence of police around Trowbridge yesterday, perhaps they're short of funds and needed to bump up the coffers ready for their Christmas party!!

RoyalEnfieldRob
18-11-09, 07:25 PM

Were there??? Obviously my Superdream isn't worth it!!!

Not to worry......my Constellation wasn't worth it either (neither was the straight through megaphone!!! LOL)

Robf
18-11-09, 10:02 PM
there has been a strong police presence around Trowbridge for a few days now yesterday they all seemed to be hanging round near to pheonix and today they where out at southwick, there might be something going on here but i have no idea what

schwee
20-11-09, 07:48 PM
Maybe an Operation to crack down on untaxed, uninsured, unroadworthy vehicles?

igbell
20-11-09, 10:26 PM
I have it from an inside source that the Police have started the Christmas crack down now on the drinkers and such, but they will check motors over while they have you pulled over, so watch your backs peeps.......

ONFIRE
20-11-09, 10:51 PM
If you're doing nothing wrong...Guess you have nothing to worry about [smiley=cool.gif]

Davey
21-11-09, 07:17 AM
I always say if I get pulled its part of driving/ riding - normally I've done something to attract the attention so a bonus if I don't get a ticket!

Yeah there are other crimes out there they could be dealing with but how many wanted criminals do they catch by pulling a vehicle over.

They do a job and do it well fair play to them all - and I have always found being nice gets the same response back and they can use thier discretion [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jon_W
23-11-09, 02:16 PM
To true. No point slagging the copper off. He is only doing his job.

My dad is forever being pulled on his brit bikes.... only because the copper wants a chat and a look!!! They are humans!!

Easy way round coppers.... don't act like a muppet and you are safe!

Kevinb
24-11-09, 08:43 AM
I have it from an inside source that the Police have started the Christmas crack down now on the drinkers and such, but they will check motors over while they have you pulled over, so watch your backs peeps.......

Bugger it. I'm going to have to leave my optics rucksack at home until after Christmas. ;D

igbell
24-11-09, 08:56 AM
Yes sorry to say Kev, but of course you could always leave at mine if you like......