PDA

View Full Version : Soldiers need Bike Mags

alanTDM
18-11-09, 08:53 PM
Just passing this on:

"Dear All

Some help please, I am currently running a camp in Helmand Province in Afghanistan and I would like to get as many people as possible to send my blokes( many are v keen motorbikers) your read bike mags. I appologises for the direct approach but due to having to cater for everyones tastes bike mags are not delivered as part of our Operational welfare package.

The postage is free (up to 2kg), all it would cost is the envelope.

The postal address if you would like to help is:

QM
TFH
Lashkar Gar
BFPO 715

Any help will be greatly appreciated and all mags will be read many times.

Thanks,
Major Andy Lothian"

igbell
18-11-09, 09:00 PM
Good idea this

Davey
18-11-09, 09:11 PM
I'm sure I have a load of Bike mags I can send them - how things have changed since I was in as we got sent was w@nk mags :D

If only you posted this earlier as I was with the guys from MCN ::)

Davey
18-11-09, 09:12 PM
Does the Bluies rule still count regarding it being stamped they have to get the beers in - if so all stick a penny stamp on the envelope and get the Rupert to dig deep 8-)

Ducatista
19-11-09, 10:38 AM
Cheers for this Alan.
I know lots of people who want to give our troops their support.

Uber Dave
19-11-09, 11:00 AM
Never even thought about sending my old MCNs out there, my Dad sent me his read MCNs on a monthly basis when I was over there last year and they helped pass the time a lot!

Will send mine out when I am done with them for sure as I have three sat in my mailslot at work now which I am half done with.

Roll_on
19-11-09, 11:15 AM
I have quite a few mags lying around and this is a great idea. It will be nice to help even in such a small way.

Gerry
19-11-09, 11:17 AM
Radio 4 yesterday, there was a Major (think) asking for people not to send stuff out to the troops there unless it was for family.

Seems that 40% of parcels are sent from the UK by kind hearted people who support the troops out there.

It's really sad that the MoD can't find a few quid to pay for delivery there (which was the problem they said).

The good thing is that I think most people won't pay any attention to them and will send anyway.

Off to look for some mags now to send.
G

Hazel-nut
19-11-09, 04:19 PM
dont have any myself but will se what my brother might have

SupeRDel
19-11-09, 11:44 PM
My nephew was out there six months ago and I used to send him some South African bike mags. They pass them around and they soon get red.

I did here the warning on the radio yesterday as well. As we approach xmas the "non" family parcels will stop the soldiers own family parcels getting thru before xmas.

My nephew is off to the falklands for xmas..

Bikermouse
26-11-09, 10:39 PM
The gist of the request not to send goodwill parcels on TV yesterday morning was that it increased "risk" to the forces i.e. due to the large number of parcels being sent, especially over the Christmas season, the powers that be are having to increase delivery drops thereby meaning additional flights going in.

kj