PDA

View Full Version : HONDA TRANSALP XL 650V6 - comments please!

Mark_Sullivan
19-11-09, 08:02 PM
Hi All

I am about to go and look at a 2007 Transalp as a first bike - i know that they are not the fastest raciest bike, but they seem to be dependable and fairly solid. I would like to do some touring and obviously want to overtake and stop safely. ;)

I have read several reviews but any of your coments or experience would be appreciated thanks - Sulman :)

Karl
19-11-09, 08:19 PM
No one can say what is the perfect bike for you. Only you will know. I have a SV650 a good all rounder, but a transalp would be better for touring. I would try as many bikes as you can. Best of luck! I am sure you will have lots of fun. ;)

Mark_Sullivan
19-11-09, 08:26 PM
Thanks Karlos - I am sure I will too :D

crewy
19-11-09, 11:00 PM
Dont just go for the first bike you see, like karlos says try out other bikes until you have a better idea of what you want

igbell
20-11-09, 08:27 AM
I must say that the Transalp is a very good bike my mate she has one and loves it, even so she has had two cos she loved it so much.

Mark_Able
26-11-09, 07:32 PM
Nice bike Mark. Comfortable, easy to ride, and great for touring. But as you say, it ain't no rocket ship... ::)

Kevinb
27-11-09, 08:48 AM
Try and get to the NEC bike show and try as many bikes as you can for size. Make a list of what you think suits you, read the reviews and test ride the one's shortlisted.
I'm 6'5" and about 300lb and with a pillion I would have exceeded a lot of the maximun load limits.
I have looked at a lot of bikes over the years and have discounted a fair few for being either to small, to uncomfortable or just damn right ugly when you see them in the flesh.