PDA

View Full Version : Cold...

Jon_W
18-12-09, 09:01 AM
Oh yes!!

Visor froze today.. saw the first flakes of snow yesterday!!

Winter is here now. 8-)

Roll_on
18-12-09, 10:27 AM
Time to break out the thermals I think.

Geordie Stu
18-12-09, 10:48 AM
Time to break out the thermals I think.

Already got them out :) used mine on the Nov & Dec Ride outs. Don't think I will be venturing out much before the Jan ride out brrrrr... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Sharik
18-12-09, 11:12 AM
Winter draws on (the old ones are the best). I was pleasantly surprised to see a number of 'bikes out early this morning on the way to work. I'm not the only masochist out there!!

FJ_Biker
18-12-09, 11:46 AM
It was a cold run down the motorway today, hands got a bit chilly.

Davey
18-12-09, 12:57 PM
Not a snowflakes chance in hell am I going out on the bike in this weather! I ride for fun and this is not fun imho!

Kevinb
18-12-09, 01:55 PM
Got in the 4x4, turned the heating on and still felt cold.
Hopefully going to get out on the bike at the weekend though unless they put salt on the roads tonight or Saturday.

ONFIRE
18-12-09, 05:21 PM
Don't do Winter... I shall be hibernating for sure.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/Products/productsresults/Parts-accessories/2008/November/nov2608-hibernate-your-bike-this-winter/

Handy if you've got one of these...

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1119137831?bctid=58035235001

Stu get you Muddy Tyres out :D :D

8-)

Davey
18-12-09, 06:52 PM
I haven't got knobblies yet normally go off road on the road tyres but watch this space as have a few options in the background

Plus I use winter to recover and get fitter for the next year and ruin my hard work - now I have the Wii fit plus thats entertaining me and shows I have plenty of work to do :(

Last Train
18-12-09, 07:33 PM
There were quite a few about on Sunday, good to see

my front end was feeling a bit vague on occasion though

Jon_W
21-12-09, 09:17 AM
There were a few brave souls this morning.... going very carefully...

The worst part is pushing it to the end of the estate... slippery!!!

Kevinb
21-12-09, 10:00 AM
Didn't get out Sunday, just fired the bikes up in the garage. I don't like ice skating at the best of times, let alone doing it on a bike.

FJ_Biker
21-12-09, 11:39 AM
Slippy one this morning

Lock froze on my gate, got the kettle tipped water over it still froze, being inpatient I then kicked the lock and broke the key off. Then had to remove the gate to get my bike out.

Serves me right I guess

Sharik
21-12-09, 12:25 PM
This morning both ends of the journey were problematic; untreated and icy. The main roads are fine in South Wilts.

alanTDM
21-12-09, 12:40 PM
I didnt make it to work today road going through village was ok but getting to it was slippery so im at home.Didnt fancy trying to pick it up on ice/snow at 7am if it got dropped,and buses only run 3 times a day >:(

jonnydangerous
21-12-09, 04:12 PM
get an offroad bike! we offroad in the snow....sorted :-)

Roll_on
21-12-09, 05:20 PM
Every year a mate and I do our Christmas shopping on bikes its quick easy to park and we just pile everything on then its off for a pint. Looks like this year it will have to be done on 4 wheels for the first time.

Gerry
28-12-09, 10:17 PM
Respect to everybody who uses a bike as their daily transport.

Went out today (Monday) for an hour in the afternoon (sunny - but very cold) as was fed up of watching bikes on the telly and on youtube.

Lost the back end two feet from the garage and a couple of times slowing down - not sure if I enjoyed the ride or not !

Nice hot coffee when I got in though :-)

G

igbell
29-12-09, 09:24 AM
I Normally ride all year and do a ride on New Years day (used to go surfing each New Years day but due to lack of fitness and how cold it is I gave that up) but with the old girl in the garage with an MOT failure on her I cant ride at the mo.