PDA

View Full Version : Accident recovery

ZZR600Dude
05-01-10, 12:30 PM
Looking at my AA recovery info I noticed they will only recover the bike in event of a breakdown.

What do you do if you have an accdient wether self inflicrted or not?
Anyone know what I should do in this event (assuming its a minor off but bikes unrideable?)

:-/

Snowy
05-01-10, 12:43 PM
I'm with the RAC as I understand they will still recover you if it's an accident. Touch wood - never had to use them.

Check your insurance as quite often they will stipulate who should be used for a recovery and won't pay if you use anyone else.

BB
05-01-10, 12:44 PM
When I had my 'off' the police arranged recovery as I was in no fit state to do it and my insurance picked up the bill. :o

I assume you are talking rider ok/walking but bike unrideable? It's worth talking to the AA (or whoever you use) to see if you can add it on or something. I'm sure I've heard of others who have been recovered after something similar but can't recall who with.

BB

Roll_on
05-01-10, 03:57 PM
I am insured with Carole Nash and that includes breakdown and accident recovery with fully comp insurance.

ZZR600Dude
05-01-10, 05:34 PM
I checked with the AA and they said they could recover a crashed bike if the insurance company gives then the go ahead. Of little use though at 10pm on a rainy night.

That Carole Nash sounds OK.

I shall check if my insurance company (Swift Cover) includes accident recovery insurance.

thanks

ZZR600Dude
05-01-10, 05:36 PM
I'm with the RAC as I understand they will still recover you if it's an accident. Touch wood - never had to use them.

Check your insurance as quite often they will stipulate who should be used for a recovery and won't pay if you use anyone else.

I am not saying your incorrect but when I planned a trip to Ireland last year I checked with the RAC and they said they would only recover a crashed bike if the insurance company gave the OK.

;)

crewy
05-01-10, 08:14 PM
I have my bike insured with MCE and they will recover a broken down bike or crashed bike and they deal with this company http://www.sos-motorcycle-recovery.co.uk/ and having been picked up by them once before when i broke down i can only sing there praises [smiley=thumbsup.gif]