PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Help - multi bike policy?

Honda_Star
25-01-10, 09:33 PM
As I am still the proud owner of 4 bikes (eek!) I am considering getting a multi bike policy - can anyone recommend a particular insurance company for multi bike policies? :) Thanks [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB
25-01-10, 09:53 PM
Ghost & I both have multi-bike policies with Carole Nash. Five on mine and Ghost has four. Both a mix of ages, Also we are each named riders on each others policy. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

Honda_Star
25-01-10, 09:55 PM
Ghost & I both have multi-bike polices with Carole Nash. Five on mine and Ghost has four. Also we are each named riders on eachothers policy. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB
Is it a big saving? I really need to look at how much I am spending on each insurance policy - its got to be cheaper getting multi bike...god knows how I ended up with so many bikes ;D

BB
25-01-10, 10:02 PM
I honestly don't know what the saving would be - I've run multibuke policies for so many years now! being female & of advanced age also helps! :-[

You must be a bit like me, I really struggle with the concept of 'selling' :o What I didn't mention earlier was that 5 & 4 are the bikes on the road....

BB

Ducatista
25-01-10, 10:37 PM
ebike insurance allow 4 bikes on one policy

They also don't charge you for making amendements.
Obviously there may be a premium change but they don't charge admin fees as you can do it on-line e.g. add a bike.

Have also heard Carole Nash are good.

Have heard good reports about both when claiming.

Jon_W
26-01-10, 08:02 AM
I have policies with both Bennets and Carol Nash... both are much for muchness... I'm going to put all my bikes on one policy now having had the Honda seperate for years.

bobf279
26-01-10, 09:17 PM
I went with bennetts when they had their offer 12 months for the price of 10 I think, cost £99 fully comp for 2 bikes

Kevinb
27-01-10, 08:50 AM
I had a multicar policy for my two cars & would never take one out again. To much hastle when I sold one of the car's. That was with Admiral and runs out on the 8th Feb. I had the renewal through, rang up to change the one car back to a single policy and it works out £69 cheaper.
Always had my bikes on single policies.

StreetHippo
27-01-10, 08:53 AM
Mine are with e-bike, no hassles.
Stu 8-)

spanner347
28-01-10, 08:57 PM
I have a multi policy with Carole Nash, had the quote cocked up when I started, but was too late to argue as already bought the bike. But if you have single policies what happens with your no claims as thought you could only use them on one bike?

igbell
29-01-10, 10:25 AM
I say dont be so gready and only have one bike......

SupeRDel
29-01-10, 01:13 PM
A couple of Carol Nash's multi bike policys do not give you NCB.

I have heard of people with maximum NCB who move to a multi then one year later they look for a cheaper quote to find all that hard earned NCB has gone because your multibike policy does not recognise it

Ducatista
29-01-10, 01:59 PM
I don't believe there is any such problem with ebike.
I added on a second bike and didn't lose my NCD.
After 5 years your NCD is guaranteed for life regardless of accidents.
It's just their standard policy but you can have up to 4 bikes and 4 riders as well.
I like some of the features but one I don't like is the absensce of 3rd party cover to ride other bikes, which might be useful in an emergency.
I think insurance is always a trade-off. You can't find a policy with everything you want, you jsut have to pick the best one for you.

Snowy
29-01-10, 03:13 PM
I have BMW Insurance, fully comp, legal and protected for £186, plus with a tenner admin charge they include my other bikes as long as they're a Beemer as well. You have to shop around, the same policy on one bike only with Bennetts was £360 and Carol Nash over £400.

I have heard carol nash has or is launching a car plus multi bike policy which may be interesting but my car only costs £85 a year fully comp anyway (Benefits of being older and clean licence/accident history). [smiley=happy.gif]

Ducatista
29-01-10, 06:01 PM
You suprise me. I thought you'd be with SAGA ;D

(well you did say you were getting uncomfortable with too many compliments)

Snowy
29-01-10, 08:44 PM
You suprise me. I thought you'd be with SAGA ;D

(well you did say you were getting uncomfortable with too many compliments)

;D ;D :D :-[

Good one. :-*