September 5 San Marino & Riviera di Rimini Misano
September 19 Hungary Balatonring
October 10 Malaysia Sepang
October 17 Australia Phillip Island
October 31 Portugal Estoril
November 7 Valencia Ricardo Tormo – Valencia

StreetHippo
19-02-10, 11:17 AM
Does anyone know how child friendly these events are? I want to take my lad, who is 9, to Thruxton as it is a: close and b: a good intro to big bike racing; BSB.
Just want to know if anyone takes their kids?
Stu

Geordie Stu
19-02-10, 12:09 PM
Pretty much Kid friendly I have seen babies in push chairs at some meetings.

May go along to Thruxton myself my daughters wanna go. depends on what the weather is like

ollie
19-02-10, 01:24 PM
they are kid friendly, and thruxton my advice is get there early or struggle to find a place to watch. i'll shall try and make it to thruxton if dry.

Robf
19-02-10, 01:36 PM
should be going to thruxton this year as i've already got time off, as i'm 18 on the monday before =)

Kevinb
19-02-10, 01:40 PM
Thruxton's great. Should be fine for kids. Good idea to take some chairs if you are going in the car. Also might be worth getting some ear protectors for your lad.

We go every year and love it.

wiltshire builders
19-02-10, 02:59 PM
Been to thruxton a few times. The facilities are ****e and you can only watch from half the outfield. It's no worse than anyother british circuit though. Until the government changes their tax laws i'm affraid that's as good as it's going to get.
My Dad used to take me to the British GP and the crappiness of the facilities made it even more exciting. Take a packed lunch as the food and drinks prices are unbelievable and a hat for your lad if it's sunny as there is no shade. He'll love it! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Uber Dave
19-02-10, 06:27 PM
I did Thruxton a couple of years back on a VIP all areas pass which I got through work, but would love to do it again this year before I move to Lincoln in May if anyone is up for it? The route I take down that way is rather run as well if you want a bit of a fun ride en-route.

Scotty
19-02-10, 07:12 PM
You're going to Lincoln?? Do you realise how close that is to the mecca that is Cadwell Park?? You lucky git - make sure you spend lots of time there, make the most of your proximity to the best circuit in Britain... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

StreetHippo
19-02-10, 09:16 PM
We'll be going on the bike, but thanks for the top tips :)
I think he'll love it, is there a BSB race on both days? Or is it qualifying Fri/Sat with the races Sun?
Stu 8-)

ollie
19-02-10, 10:10 PM
i think its practice and qualifing friday and sat and races sunday not 100% though

crewy
21-02-10, 10:36 AM
Where ever you wonna take your son to, will be pretty much kid friendly, like other people have mentioned Truxton is a great track all though you cant ever see a long stretch of the track what you can see is usually great racing, mallory park is another good track to spectate at [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Davey
21-02-10, 10:45 AM
Don't forget if you're going to any BSB rounds to sign up for the GW's loyalty card before!

crewy
21-02-10, 10:55 AM
why?

Uber Dave
21-02-10, 02:43 PM
why?

If going by the centre fold in the MCN Bike Mart this week, as GW have a BSB steam sponsorship they have a travelling kit van as well to the events. so you must get some discount if you have a card and buy something from the van?

Correct me if I am wrong Stu. Also do the cards cost? If so how much and what sort of discount are we looking at as I need some leathers in a month or so!

crewy
21-02-10, 02:52 PM
why?

If going by the centre fold in the MCN Bike Mart this week, as GW have a BSB steam sponsorship they have a travelling kit van as well to the events. so you must get some discount if you have a card and buy something from the van?

Correct me if I am wrong Stu. Also do the cards cost? If so how much and what sort of discount are we looking at as I need some leathers in a month or so!

Ahhh right, thanks for that dave, think i'll stick to buying stuff from a shop though!!

Davey
21-02-10, 05:29 PM
why?

Yeah your wrong lol

I can't be typing out all the offers so heres a link........

http://www.georgewhite.co.uk/?section=loyalty_card