PDA

View Full Version : Blue Iridium Visor

Nico_babe
28-02-10, 08:52 PM
Hi Everyone,

Need some feedback here. Could i get away with a blue iridium visor, during the day?

:-/ :-/ :-/

Uber Dave
28-02-10, 08:58 PM
I have a rainbow iridium one on mine and I use it both day and night. It doesn't really filter any light out at all its just a finish on a clear visor.

Only slight problem I have is at night is a tiny red halo around car headlights, but otherwise its all good and does not reduce my vision at all during night time use.

That said I do not know the legal stance on iridium visors.

Mine:

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs493.snc3/26950_335397226948_508541948_4107053_6779154_n.jpg

Dabz
28-02-10, 09:01 PM
I use a blue iridium on my agv and a very dark black one on my main helmet..not been stopped so far touch wood but I believe they're not legal..

Uber Dave
28-02-10, 09:09 PM
I just googled the legal side of it and found this.

http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roads/vehicles/vssafety/motorcyclehelmetsvisorsandgo4563?page=3

In my case the visor is made by AGV for my helmet and has all the relevant protective markings on it, but crucially does NOT state "Daytime only" so its legal 24 hours a day.

Hope this helps.

Nico_babe
28-02-10, 09:40 PM
Thanks guys, info is super useful [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

wiltshire builders
28-02-10, 09:47 PM
I wear a dark visor on my Arai. Depends on what you mean by "get away with it" Will you get stopped? No. If you get stopped for something recklass will they do you for an illegal visor? Maybe. Will it affect your vision in flat light conditions. Deffinatelty. It will only help your vision in bright conditions and will hinder it to some extent in anything else. A clear visor will always give you the best view of the road ahead. Why do i wear a dark visor? Because it looks awsome!

Nico_babe
28-02-10, 10:00 PM
Haaaaa thanks for the honesty Wiltshire Builder. I quite like the dark visor as well, but am not sure on which to go with. I have a HJC 09 FS-10 lid in blue and black so thought the iridium may go best.

wiltshire builders
28-02-10, 10:15 PM
Get the smoked visor it Makes you look like you mean business! I always think iridium looks a bit cheap.....but the world would be a sad place if we all liked the same things.

Nico_babe
28-02-10, 10:23 PM
LOL LOL LOL this is true, we would have nothing to natter about. Comment noted, will have a look again at the dark tint again tomorrow with an open mind [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

slowr1der
28-02-10, 10:25 PM
I reckon a blue Iridium visor would go lovely with ur bike Nico

Roxy
28-02-10, 10:40 PM
I have a tinted insert for my shoei so if I am out late in the day or into the evening I can remove it and go back to clear visor. Its simple and quick to fit and looks fab.

Always remember a mate being caught out at night with only a black visor and having to ride home from Cheddar in the pitch black with the visor up..man that was a scarey pillion ride home. :o

I am not sure about the legal stance on them but as my bike and leathers are black the visor had to be too!! ;)

roxy [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

SupeRDel
01-03-10, 06:51 AM
It always amuses me the way some riders like to look good on a bike - they wear the fashionable bright leathers with expensive matching helmet.

They ride making a lot of noise thru towns taking up a road position that says - "look at me - BE impressed"

Then they wear a dark visor so nobody knows who they are.... ;D

Davey
01-03-10, 07:03 AM
I wear a black visor on my lid - but I rarely ride at night

One issue I have found with iridium visors is reflective glare when its raining.

Yes you can get busted for wearing a tinted visor - especially at night if I do a rideout I will carry a spare clear one just to keep them happy.

Jon_W
01-03-10, 08:02 AM
I've always used the legal tinted visors. Works a treat, no issues with the fuzz.

The best ones are the tinted inner visors... work a treat!

Dabz
01-03-10, 09:53 AM
it's a fact that dark visors make you ride better, go faster, more attractive and generally cooler. This is why the police don't like them, they feel left out with their police-issue normo visors :P

Nico_babe
01-03-10, 09:59 AM
hhahahahah well said Dabz.

Roxy
01-03-10, 10:46 AM
it's a fact that dark visors make you ride better, go faster, more attractive and generally cooler. This is why the police don't like them, they feel left out with their police-issue normo visors :P

hee hee hee nice one Dabz!!

;D [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jon_W
01-03-10, 01:26 PM

;D ;D ;D

Love it!!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Geordie Stu
03-03-10, 11:30 AM
I wear a Hi-Gloss Black AGV with Black visor. looks good [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Don't ride at night but have been caught out once when it rained heavily & sky was pitch black misted up no waterproofs. Day started out bright sunny day dry, ended pitch black soaken wet & cold

crewy
05-03-10, 02:24 AM
I may have missed this, but what helmet do you have nico? I only ask because some helmets are quite fidley and time consuming to get the visors off, other helmets are quite easy, so i would suggest an insert if it's a fidley visor, but if not then i would say go for the iridum visor, my old one was great. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nico_babe
05-03-10, 10:01 PM
Hey everyone. Here is an update. I have an HJC 0 09 lid and have now put on the iridium blue visor. It looks awesome. Thanks for the feedback all.

slowr1der
05-03-10, 10:13 PM
picture please

alanTDM
05-03-10, 10:46 PM
I got myself a Caberg helmet with a flip up dark inner visor works a treat.
The problem i find is its not the bright sunshine but when the sun is low in the sky the glare is blinding even with a tinted visor, needs to be polarized.

slowr1der
05-03-10, 10:52 PM
Dont you find they are quite cheap and noisy though Alan?

I have got to say it is a great idea for though and i used the Caberg for 4 years at work with no real issues other than the noise

alanTDM
06-03-10, 07:31 AM
Yea they are a little cheap/noisy but wear earplugs on journeys but its the only helmet iv found that fits me really well.
Had a problem with one of the screws that fits the visor but managed to find some spare ones and decent 2nd hand visor from local dealer all for £8 bargain that was.Had a FM helmet before that was a good one aswell and you could adjust the visor so it was a tighter fit against the helmet on the Caberg Trip you cant do that!Not sure if i would buy a Caberg again but that visor is a brill idea.

Mark_Able
06-03-10, 08:11 PM
Having trained a few of the local Traffic Fuzz, they're all in agreement that they're not interested in pulling someone for wearing a dark visor, unless it's at night. In fact they're not really interested in loud pipes either. What gets their goat is small number plates. So I asked 'why'? The answer was: 'If your kid got knocked down, and the driver did a runner, but nobody could read the reg number, you'd be mightily p*ssed off'. Fair comment if you ask me. ::)
As regards Caberg helmets, I agree with the comments, too noisey. I also found the inner dark visor distorts your vision. :D

gedmib
07-03-10, 12:37 PM
im using a caberg at the mo an it is a bit on the noisey side so in go the ear plugs, but the internal visor works a treat. must just me being tight fisted but i feel an up grade coming on.........best get the wife out too work lol

Nico_babe
07-03-10, 02:20 PM
Hey Slowr1der,

Here is a pic of what it looks like with the iridium blue visor.

http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46/nico_babe/IMG_0507.jpg

slowr1der
07-03-10, 02:40 PM
looks better than I thought it would Tbh as I am not a big fan of Iridium visors or screens

R1chie
07-03-10, 04:23 PM
Crazy eyes :D

Roxy
07-03-10, 05:05 PM
im using a caberg at the mo an it is a bit on the noisey side so in go the ear plugs, but the internal visor works a treat. must just me being tight fisted but i feel an up grade coming on.........best get the wife out too work lol

are you sure?? ;) ;D ;D

gedmib
07-03-10, 05:57 PM
errrrrr well thats wot it says on the packet rox so errr yeah ear plugs

slowr1der
07-03-10, 06:17 PM
have I missed something or has Roxy been drinking today

Davey
07-03-10, 06:41 PM
I must say Mirrored/ iridium visors can look good on track

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f229/razorhead666/JH4Q1478-1-1.jpg

I do have red/gold iridium goggles for the Supermoto

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f229/razorhead666/025.jpg

But black visor for the road lid

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f229/razorhead666/028.jpg

Roxy
07-03-10, 06:48 PM
errrrrr well thats wot it says on the packet rox so errr yeah ear plugs

ok I believe you, I didn't realise they did ear plugs that played music! ;) ;D

Roxy
07-03-10, 06:48 PM
have I missed something or has Roxy been drinking today

last night was the vodka night ;) sober today [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

gedmib
07-03-10, 09:52 PM
where the hell do u get a set of them they sound cool. mine r just ear plugs unfortunatly :P

Roxy
07-03-10, 10:12 PM
where the hell do u get a set of them they sound cool. mine r just ear plugs unfortunatly :P

::)

Have to say the new visor does look very nice.

wiltshire builders
08-03-10, 09:38 PM
I will concede that the blue does look very good.