PDA

View Full Version : Fancy It?

Maverick
01-03-10, 08:19 PM
Hello

Just got back from racing in Spain. Really want to get out on my bike - the weather is rubbish at the moment. Anyone got any suggestions for a ride out? maybe at the weekend if it's dry?

Thanks

Lonewolf

slowr1der
01-03-10, 08:36 PM
Yeah I am up for a ride to wherever, so which championship do you race in?

Nico_babe
02-03-10, 07:59 PM
I wouldnt mind going for a ride at the weekend. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

slowr1der
02-03-10, 08:28 PM
i can maybe do something Sunday but i am helping a mate run in his BMW S1000R Sat afternoon so its gonna be a slow one.

We need to get some miles on it before Cadwell in April ;D

Honda_Star
02-03-10, 11:20 PM
Did you mention you were in Marlborough? Enjoying the lovely pot holes we have I'm sure! Not sure what the forecast is for the weekend?

finbar
03-03-10, 12:02 AM
I do too! Weather forecast appears to be dry for the weekend. [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Geordie Stu
03-03-10, 09:16 AM
I could do with a ride out. Hoping to get out with a mate just passed his test & gets his New Street Triple on Friday [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Roxy
03-03-10, 10:46 AM
I should be out and about on my maiden voyage with my new toy on Sunday..may see you around,

Wave if you see me!

roxy [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Maverick
03-03-10, 07:08 PM
Will probably bring the Duke out. You can basically hear me from about 10 miles away!

slowr1der
03-03-10, 07:52 PM
hey its you thats organised this lol where are u starting from and what time ?

Roxy what bike have you got ?

Roxy
03-03-10, 07:55 PM
baby version of yours mate ;) lol

slowr1der
03-03-10, 07:58 PM
what the 125

slowr1der
03-03-10, 08:03 PM
Wolfie what championship do you race in ??????

Roxy
03-03-10, 08:05 PM
what the 125

125?? No way ;D

r6

:)

slowr1der
03-03-10, 08:12 PM
is it a brand new one?

nice bikes though never ridden the newer ones but owned a 2000 model one for about 6 months

Roxy
03-03-10, 08:27 PM
no not brand new..couple of years old but in perfect condition. I am very very pleased with my new toy [smiley=happy.gif]

slowr1der
03-03-10, 08:41 PM
Good on ya

Roxy
03-03-10, 08:51 PM
thank you, it's what I wanted from the start but Dad gave me the bandit when I passed my test and to be honest it was a great bike for my first year, did over 4K miles on it and was sorry to see it go but the old has to make way for the new..and I really love the new!! hee hee [smiley=happy.gif]

anyway if I see you all out on sunday I'll flash and wave!!! ;D

slowr1der
03-03-10, 09:01 PM
I doubt very much I will be about sunday as I am out saturday and its rare I get a pass for 2 days lol

If anyone is up for a ride down to Loomies Sat afternoon pm me and we can arrange something

Roxy
03-03-10, 09:06 PM
I doubt very much I will be about sunday as I am out saturday and its rare I get a pass for 2 days lol

no worries..see you on a ride out soon. take it steady [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Maverick
03-03-10, 09:57 PM
Just realised my flipping leathers are on the way back with my other bike from Spain! rubbish!!! have to wait for the next weekend :-[

slowr1der
03-03-10, 10:04 PM
what all those bikes and one set of leathers lol

Chappers
03-03-10, 10:44 PM
anyway if I see you all out on sunday I'll flash and wave!!! ;D

Should be a good turn out for this then if a flashing roxy is on the cards! :D

slowr1der
03-03-10, 11:00 PM
hmmmm not for me to comment i'm afraid

Chappers
03-03-10, 11:05 PM
Apologies, I think I watched too many Carry On films in my youth...

Forgive my intrusion, as you were!

slowr1der
03-03-10, 11:18 PM
lol so if peeps are out Sunday where are they going

Geordie Stu
04-03-10, 09:08 AM
If its wet my mate won't go on on his Brand new reg 10 street triple but I will be out at some point during the day noy sure where to go ::)

Roxy
04-03-10, 10:27 AM
WX permitting I think a ride down towards the coast for me.. tea and scones anyone?? ;D

roxy [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

wiltshire builders
04-03-10, 01:11 PM
Just realised my flipping leathers are on the way back with my other bike from Spain! rubbish!!! have to wait for the next weekend :-[
That reminds me i need to fertilize my lawn.

Honda_Star
04-03-10, 01:13 PM
I have opened a thread in the ride outs section regarding this weekend...

Scotty
04-03-10, 06:34 PM
That reminds me i need to fertilize my lawn.
Tee!Hee! I think that one missed a lot of people... ;D ;D ;D ;D

jimmer
15-03-10, 04:47 PM
Just to let you lot know,Lone Wolf does own and ride his list off bikes,a good friend off mine is a mate off his.So all be nice ;)

slowr1der
15-03-10, 06:46 PM
Jimmer we are only messing mate and its only because he kept avoiding the questions.

Maybe you could clarify Jimmer whether Lone Wolf does race abroad or whether he was meaning he was trackdaying, thats all i was asking.

If he is offended by any of the banter i for one will apologise to the chap. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

jimmer
15-03-10, 08:53 PM
Yea it was trackdays not racing,lucky bugger we had freezing mallory and pembrey,and by the forecast bloody rain at the weekend :(

Davey
15-03-10, 09:17 PM
Just to let you lot know,Lone Wolf does own and ride his list off bikes,a good friend off mine is a mate off his.So all be nice ;)

Well maybe he should sell one and get a spare set of leathers then - as for trying to blag he was racing that week shame I knew there was no way he could be! His so say pics were crap and could have been anyone. Why can't he answer a question when asked so no wonder no-one believes him! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

jimmer
15-03-10, 09:30 PM
I dunno, why his pictures are crap or about leathers( but he does own the bikes) not that bothered really.Best off luck to Rob(Lipton) at the weekend be careful cause we only have one bike one helmet and one set off leathers :-?

Maverick
15-03-10, 09:38 PM
Sorry for the delay. Yeah Yeah very funny!

My Alpinestar leathers are damaged from a crash and are currently waiting to be posted to Italy to be repaired. My other leathers are still sitting in Focused Events offices because they damaged my Yammy in transit! and are trying to fix it. I only have one pair of bike gloves so had to do Wotton in my snowboard clothes on Sunday...

I just do track days, not racing, not good enough. Jimmer who you know? ;)

jimmer
15-03-10, 09:41 PM
Jason ahl went to school with him,and had many a scary ride out with him

Davey
15-03-10, 09:41 PM
I dunno, why his pictures are crap or about leathers( but he does own the bikes) not that bothered really.Best off luck to Rob(Lipton) at the weekend be careful cause we only have one bike one helmet and one set off leathers :-?

Rob had best get himself some sponsorship then or dip his short arm in long pockets if not good enough to be sponsored :P - little accident in practice and can be a costly wasted weekend :'(

good luck Rob [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Davey
15-03-10, 09:43 PM
Sorry for the delay. Yeah Yeah very funny!

My Alpinestar leathers are damaged from a crash and are currently waiting to be posted to Italy to be repaired. My other leathers are still sitting in Focused Events offices because they damaged my Yammy in transit! and are trying to fix it. I only have one pair of bike gloves so had to do Wotton in my snowboard clothes on Sunday...

I just do track days, not racing, not good enough. Jimmer who you know? ;)

Stop buying bikes and get some more kit then [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

jimmer
15-03-10, 09:46 PM
Trying to get sponserd not that easy Natwest are paying for this weekend :o

slowr1der
15-03-10, 09:51 PM
Rob get urself down to Probike Newbury mate they have reduced price race leathers there £599 down to £199 or u could always buy mine lol maybe do a deal on some tyres....... ;D ;D

Jimmer let Rob know about the Odiham trackdays last year we had Bournemouth Buildbase Kawasaki and Scott Smart as well as some other very very fast french (i think he was french) dude up there on his superstock Blade

Oh and good luck to Rob at Brands make sure u get loads of Pics Jimmer

jimmer
15-03-10, 09:55 PM
Will let him know,will have a chat when we meet up,as for your leathers he is only 9 stone dripping wet think they will be a bit big

Davey
15-03-10, 09:58 PM
Trying to get sponserd not that easy Natwest are paying for this weekend :o

As I put a post up not long ago from a sponsor looking for riders but no replies - sorry too late as sure its filled now and our place has as far as I know exhausted the sponsorship budget. I agree getting sponsorship isn't easy the better you are and the more publicity you show the more chance you have of getting it - things like photos, videos and even names in signatures. Does help knowing the right people and being ballsy to ask (no I don't do sponsorship so don't ask!) Just to rub it in I'm just waiting for my new leathers to arrive from America - how come I got them...because I asked ;D [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

slowr1der
15-03-10, 09:59 PM
hmm maybe yeah but he can grow into them lol.......

Davey
15-03-10, 10:02 PM
hmm maybe yeah but he can grow into them lol.......

few cushions or bubble wrap :)

jimmer
15-03-10, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the advice,we were in the wiltshire times whole back page when he won the mini moto british title,were ment to do a round by round write up for last year but he got hurt so that buggerd that,will keep trying.And i hope your leathers cut the blood off round your nuts ;D

Davey
15-03-10, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the advice,we were in the wiltshire times whole back page when he won the mini moto british title,were ment to do a round by round write up for last year but he got hurt so that buggerd that,will keep trying.And i hope your leathers cut the blood off round your nuts ;D

Doing write ups and stuff like that is what it needs - get a website set up - if both hands are busted get someone else to type! Send a few tickets to prospective/ current sponsors - won't work with big places but smaller like it. send then a racing cv - pictures of the bike and sponsorship here - photoshop thier logo to the bike etc so they can see.
Nah they won't as they're custom made lol ;D