PDA

View Full Version : NGRoadracing season.

Mark_Able
23-02-10, 09:02 PM
Testing at Pembrey this weekend, then the racing kicks off at Brands Hatch on the 20th/21st March. I'll be driving my two young boys up to watch the action. Anyone else going? My main interest is Rob Shaw in the Novice 600's. He was my prodigy, having tutored him round Llandow. Is a fast, smooth, but agressive rider. Can't wait. ;)

jimmer
02-03-10, 09:50 PM
Rob had a good weekend,no dramas and pretty quick.
If anyone does come up to brands we will be in the garages,come and say hello his number is 183 cbr600rr cheers [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

jimmer
11-03-10, 07:39 PM
Just to add,there will be BSB supersport,stocksport,riders and some superstock 1000 BSB riders racing,using the meeting as practice so should be some good racing,Lipton (Rob) is got his work cut out :o

slowr1der
11-03-10, 08:07 PM
Whats the costs to get into this and which day has the better racing?

jimmer
11-03-10, 08:28 PM
Its £12 for adults,free for kids under 15,the racing is the same both days.

Mark_Able
19-03-10, 07:51 PM
Jimmer tells me Rob (Lipton) was doing good at Brands today. It was practice for the racing tomorrow and sunday. It was damp to begin with, then raining for the rest of the day. Clocking 57 second laps in the wet. Fastest novice by far, so bodes well for the race. Just hoping he stays on... ::)

slowr1der
19-03-10, 08:04 PM
Excellent news.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Hopefully u can keep us updated mate

Mark_Able
20-03-10, 07:50 PM
Things were going well today. He qualified in the 'A' final in 26th place, although he was running better than that. He had a bit of a 'moment' which lost him a few places. In the final he had climbed to 20th place and was making good ground on the four riders in front, easily running a quicker pace, but out-braked himself going into Paddock and visited the gravel trap. Oh well... ::)

Still, tomorrow he'll be out in the 'Novice Open', and he's in with a good chance of a top three. He'll also be qualifying and racing in the 600's again, but hopefully staying on this time.

The 600 class has about 80 riders entering, hence an 'A' and 'B' final (40 in each race). And this weekend he is contending with a lot of British SuperSport boys, and SuperStock boys. To make the 'A' final amongst National riders is no mean feat. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Go Lipton go!!! :D

jimmer
21-03-10, 08:58 PM
Were back now,good start to the day with a second in the novice open only 3 thousands off a second behind first,was leading but the battery went flat and the bike wouldnt rev out,but he did get into the 54s on a very damp track.
Then it went bad in the 600 qualifier,he was 5th on the grid the bike stalled on the start and he was hit from behind.Rob ended up with 2 bikes on top off him,the one that hit him was written off,he aws taken to the medical center for a couple off hours,he has bruising all down his left hand side and is smarting a fair bit.The guy that ran in to him is fine,they were both very lucky.

BB
21-03-10, 09:00 PM
Were back now,good start to the day with a second in the novice open only 3 thousands off a second behind first,was leading but the battery went flat and the bike wouldnt rev out,but he did get into the 54s on a very damp track.
Then it went bad in the 600 qualifier,he was 5th on the grid the bike stalled on the start and he was hit from behind.Rob ended up with 2 bikes on top off him,the one that hit him was written off,he aws taken to the medical center for a couple off hours,he has bruising all down his left hand side and is smarting a fair bit.The guy that ran in to him is fine,they were both very lucky.

Bad luck there. Good to hear everyone is ok. Stay lucky ;)

BB

Davey
21-03-10, 09:06 PM

Good result in the novice group

Shame about the accident - glad all are ok if a bit bruised. I always cringe when I see the start of a paragraph - stalled at start - as thats how one of my best mates was killed a few years back - so I have to read quick to ensure they're ok

Good luck for the rest of the season and please get practicing starts [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

slowr1der
21-03-10, 09:34 PM
sorry to hear about Rob mate

Hope he is back to full fitness soon and has a fantastic season

jimmer
21-03-10, 10:22 PM
Thanks for your kind words fellas,got a bike to fix first then see what happens

Mark_Able
22-03-10, 05:00 PM

Good result in the novice group

Shame about the accident - glad all are ok if a bit bruised. I always cringe when I see the start of a paragraph - stalled at start - as thats how one of my best mates was killed a few years back - so I have to read quick to ensure they're ok

Good luck for the rest of the season and please get practicing starts [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Wasn't Miles by any chance? I used to race against Miles in NG. Real nice bloke.