PDA

View Full Version : Poole Quay bike nights

nick1987
19-03-10, 10:03 PM
i heard about these bike nights off a mate at work. i was just wondering if anybody knew when they start back up? and does it cost anything?

do WB usually do a ride down that way?

Dabz
19-03-10, 11:03 PM
not sure when they start but it's usually £1 to get in...the last couple years it's been mental down there so unless you get there mid-late afternoon you have no hope of parking on the quay itself, and even the overflow carpark is chocka! Worth the trip down tho, it's a great night

Usually a handful from WB go most weeks..different people each time etc! I tend to try to leave work early if I go

BoatingBiker
20-03-10, 09:45 AM
Hi all,

Poole bike night restarts on the first Tuesday in April until last Tuesday in September.

Enrty in £1 per night or buy an armband for the year @ £6 from the Tourist Board Office on the Quay.

The road will not be closed until 5.30 for the event, and it does fill up quickly, however if you arrive a little later some of the early bikers start leaving and the Marshalls will infill where they can.

A great evening out with a very large range of bikes from early oldies, sometimes a scooter or two but lots of bikes !

We (a small group from Salisbury) normally go down every week.

Prehaps Wiltshire Bikers could have an armband so we now who we all are ?

See you there [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

thepetrolhead91
20-03-10, 03:38 PM
BoatingBiker explained it all for me haha. Yeh the Poole Quay evenings are well worth a look. If the weather is decent i.e not raining which is rare in Britain, then its a brilliant place to see bikes of old and new. To top it off, having fish and chips on the quay side too. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Ryan
20-03-10, 09:55 PM
we will be going down most weeks when it starts up :)

Last Train
20-03-10, 09:58 PM
Hog Roast Rolls [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Roxy
20-03-10, 10:22 PM
Hog Roast Rolls [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

8-)

nick1987
20-03-10, 10:47 PM
sweet, cheers guys. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

DaytonaDog
21-03-10, 08:11 PM
I went down for the first time last year. It was a lovely sunny day (about the only one we had last year) and being a Poole Quay virgin I didn't know what to expect and only thought there would be a couple of hundred bikes present. When I got there I was totally gobsmacked with the number of bikes present. It was great.

I certainly would be up for going down on a regular basis

igbell
23-03-10, 02:40 PM
Tis a good night and good to look at different bikes and have a chat.

Gerry
23-03-10, 07:29 PM
Just started a little list from the Trowbridge, Westbury, Warminster area...

http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1269368660/0

It's a nice road and a good night (especially if the suns out) :-)

jack930
25-03-10, 01:05 AM
?

jack930
25-03-10, 01:06 AM
Word of Warning..get their early befor 6pm if you can otherwise you may find that you will be parking at the far end of the Key ,and its a long old walk to get fish and chips

ps ive been a good few time and its a great night with plenty to see lol

also plent of Plod around one that sits at the Blanford roundabout and when getting near pool ;)