PDA

View Full Version : Petition to improve driver training

alanTDM
24-03-10, 05:01 PM
[mag-uk-list] Petition to 'improve' driver training
Wed, 24 March, 2010 14:09:13

Hello everyone

Please find below, a link to a new petition that you may wish to sign.

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/car-license/

It's about restricting new car drivers in the way that motorcyclists are
restricted until they have more experience.

If everyone is sure it works for us, why on earth would not work for
them? A little parity before the law?

Please visit the www.ridersarevoters.org website for other motorcycle
specific petitions
--
Best Regards,

Paddy Tyson
Campaigns Co-ordinator
MAG UK
Tel: 01788 570065
Mobile: 07717 345605

Jacde
24-03-10, 05:38 PM
I've signed [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Mark_Able
24-03-10, 07:59 PM
Done... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

igbell
24-03-10, 09:14 PM
Signed

Bennett
24-03-10, 10:37 PM
Sounds great.

Signed. :)

Scotty
24-03-10, 11:14 PM
Signed... :)

wiltshire builders
25-03-10, 01:47 PM
We don't need more legislation we need more education. I've never had any problems with young/new drivers. If anything they are more aware of other road users. It's the mum on the school run, the delivery driver on his next drop, the national express coach trying to stick to his timetable and numerous other seasoned drivers being complacent about how dangerous roads are. I know people injured, paralysed and killed on the roads and not one was anything to do with a new driver.
Are you signing this because you really believe it will help or because as bikers we are being penalised so you think someone else should suffer too?

Jacde
25-03-10, 02:02 PM
Bit of both for me I think.
As someone very new to biking but a very seasoned road user (I passed my driving test in '87) I can see it from both sides and I really think if there are restrictions on 1 mode of transport there should be the same restrictions across the board.
There is no way I would dream of getting on a powerful bike until I've gained experience on a more managable bike, crikey my CBT is booked for 3 days as I haven't got a scoobies about riding a bike :o , put me on the back and I'm as happy as larry ;D .
I think if anything the restriction is more improtant on young car users and the elderly, and I for one would be more than happy to have to do a refreshercourse to prove I'm still a competent road user.

Geordie Stu
25-03-10, 06:06 PM
All Signed up [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nokesy
25-03-10, 08:58 PM
I've signed up too! :)