PDA

View Full Version : Honda NTV 650 probs.

thepetrolhead91
28-03-10, 07:03 PM
Hello. Yesterday I bought myself a Honda NTV 650 which will be my first bike after passing my test. The bike is in pretty good condition for a 1996 bike but the colour lets it down a bit. Turquoise is deffinatly so last decade haha. The bike hadnt been used for two years and has been dry stored for the past two years so naturally the battery was dead. I bought a new one, charged it for about five hours, turned the key and absolutley nothing. I put it in early just to try it but I was recommended to let it charge over night. Was just wondering if anyone has had this problem before (with any bike not just the NTV) and if you know of any solutions. I really want to get it going as its a pretty cool bike. Cheers, Tom [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Cemorah
28-03-10, 07:51 PM
Firstly thats a good reliable bike and ideal as a first "big Bke"

Can you get any lights to show:- neutral, side light indicators anything?

What Charger did you use?

Have you got a volt meter or Test Lamp?

thepetrolhead91
28-03-10, 08:52 PM
Hello Veefor. Its sods law that I go out and try it now, andit decides to work. I discovered its got a slightly dodgy ignition so you have to wiggle the key a little. The engine is sweet as a nut and sound fantastic too. It has 22000 genuine miles on it and I bet itll go onto over 100,000. Just had a quick run on it down my lane and it sure put a smile on my face. Thanks for replying [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Mark_Able
29-03-10, 10:01 AM
Well done Tom, all ready for when you've passed now. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jon_W
29-03-10, 10:59 AM
Well done for getting it going.

Good bikes the NTV. Bomb proof motor (Shared with the dullville).
Make sure all four spark plus are chages when it is serviced. (Yes, It's a twin spark!!!) A friend had one and had prolems because the garage only changed one set of plugs.

thepetrolhead91
29-03-10, 06:53 PM
Yep, its a fantastic bike. Game with a Givi lugage and pannier carrier too which was a bonus. Didnt know it was a twin spark so thanks for that. Everything on it works incrediably well, its just the ignition which is just a little touchy. But what can we expect, its electric. Im very pleased with it and cant wait to do a nice long trip. Will see you tommorow Mark for part 2. Im feeling confident [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Mark_Able
29-03-10, 08:06 PM
Let's hope it doesn't snow then... ::)

thepetrolhead91
29-03-10, 08:23 PM
Yes, had enough of the white stuff for this year. However, if I had a selection of Mopars and Keevil airfield was at my dissposal and it was like an ice rink, how could I refuse haha. ;D

Cemorah
30-03-10, 02:13 PM
Great news hope to see you at the Sally soon shouldn't be hard to spot! ;D

thepetrolhead91
30-03-10, 03:56 PM
haha, yeh bright turquoise is very hard to miss. Yep, I'd love to meet up with some of you guys and go for a ride out somewhere. Just gota get the NTV MOT'd, taxed and restricted (sadly) and then its biker time!!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jacde
30-03-10, 04:29 PM
Turquoise is a lovely colour or is that jusy cos I'm a girl? :-[
Anyhoo, get a picture of your beast on here Tom, and once again well done on passing ;D