PDA

View Full Version : Easter charity ride for Help for Heroes

StreetHippo
09-03-10, 12:22 PM
Hello all, as some of you know i'm in the RAF and have just come back from (another) tour in Afghanistan. I have witnessed the horrific injuries our troops receive first hand and decided to do something about it.
So, this Easter a group of bikers are riding around the UK to raise maney for Help for Heroes, 2500 miles in 3 days visiting the furthest north, south, east and west bases on the mainland UK. You can read more about it and follow us live at:
www.rideforheroes.co.uk

I am not looking for debate or to condone any wars, just to help our lads injured in the line of duty. If you feel that you would like to help then you can sponsor me this w'end on the Bassett run, via PM or on t'inters at:
www.justgiving.com/rideforheroes2010

If you do it on-line then please leave a note to say you're sponsoring me as it's Phil the organisers page! And don't forget to tick the gift aid box so they can claim the tax back and make your donation go further.

If we all just put in a couple of quid - less than a pint! - we'll raise a decent ammount. Please help us help Heroes.

Stu 8-)

StreetHippo
26-03-10, 06:31 PM
BUMP
Been away again, was only going for a couple of days but here I am 2 weeks later!! >:(
Not had any response from here, surely you could spare a quid?
It's dead easy to do, just follow the links or drop me a PM.

Stu 8-)

BB
26-03-10, 06:47 PM
Done! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

StreetHippo
26-03-10, 08:18 PM
Thanks BB - you've got the ball rolling [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Stu

Jacde
26-03-10, 10:18 PM
Done :)

Bonnielass
27-03-10, 08:45 AM
Done! Good luck Stu. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

StreetHippo
27-03-10, 02:53 PM
OK - girl power is winning ;D
Maybe it's my charming personality ;) [smiley=happy.gif]

Stu

Scotty
27-03-10, 06:06 PM
Is this the one that some of the guys from RAF Odiham are doing? :-?

StreetHippo
27-03-10, 07:07 PM
Not that I know Scotty :-?
I think i'm the only serving guy doing ours, with some ex-forces (and a copper :o)

Stu :)

amills
27-03-10, 09:48 PM
Done [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

StreetHippo
01-04-10, 09:11 AM
Off to Valley now for the big day tomorrow :)
Weather looks lush in Scotland ;D
Thanks to all that have contributed, not too late if you haven't ;)
Happy Easter,

Stu 8-)

Jacde
01-04-10, 09:23 AM
[smiley=thumbsup.gif]. Good luck to you all and have a safe ride, hope the weather does hold out for you. :)

Jac