PDA

View Full Version : Taking my bike on the train

Tiger_Jim
09-09-10, 09:18 AM
I was thinking of taking a tour of the Scottish highlands next year with my wife. The thought of the ride up there puts us off slightly. Then I thought of transporting my bike on the train with us to Glasgow.

Has anyone any experience with doing this, how much would it cost, any top tips?

ZZR600Dude
09-09-10, 04:34 PM
Never seen this done before, I assume you have a 125ish bike and quite small, not sure you would get a Goldwing on there.

:o

Tiger_Jim
09-09-10, 05:11 PM
A Tiger 1050, so a big bike. I used to take my bike in the train many years (1980 ish) ago and they let me put it into the guards carriage next to the mail and it was free! ;D

wiltshire builders
09-09-10, 05:22 PM
A Tiger 1050, so a big bike. I used to take my bike in the train many years (1980 ish) ago and they let me put it into the guards carriage next to the mail and it was free! ;D
Good luck with that! We had a load of hassel getting our bicycles on the train.
Keep us posted on how you get on as i think it's a good idea.

Morticia
11-09-10, 03:59 PM
Good luck with that! We had a load of hassel getting our bicycles on the train.
Keep us posted on how you get on as i think it's a good idea.

I only take my dogs to London, and the hassle we get is unreal...Best of luck, maybe they're more understanding with bikes than they are with dogs.