PDA

View Full Version : James Toseland at GW's Sunday

Davey
07-09-10, 10:05 PM
As the title says! Oh and his band will be playing too [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Morticia
08-09-10, 07:10 AM
Thanks but no thanks, went last year and all I can say is, what a wanker!

Davey
08-09-10, 07:48 AM

Last year he spent a lot of time with everyone and showed no attitude - yeah he did turn up a bit late. Please eloborate what did he do to offend you so much to gain that title?

Jon_W
08-09-10, 08:02 AM

Harsh and very personal. >:( Some things are best not said.

Jacde
08-09-10, 08:42 AM
Glad Mortica doesn't like him, one less woman in my way ;D ;D never met him but like his charity work [smiley=thumbsup.gif] no idea what his singing is like but it's going to be better than mine :-[ AND he's really good eye candy ;D :-* ;D
just hope work isn't too busy on Sunday and I can get away at lunch time to oggle him!

Kevinb
08-09-10, 08:57 AM
Anything else going on or is it just the band?
Just wondering whether to take my grandson

Davey
08-09-10, 09:15 AM
Anything else going on or is it just the band?
Just wondering whether to take my grandson

I think its just him and his band - by all accounts we just got the offer the other day and took it as he was popular (with most!) the years before.

But as before if there is valid criticsm we do listen and act upon it where we can - people moaned the riders didn't spend enough time with the customers this year they spent most of the day doing things, signing stuff and having photos etc.

Morticia
08-09-10, 11:24 AM
He didn't offend me and I say it as I feel it. All he did was whine about being kicked out of MotoGP, and slagged half his team and most of superbikes off. I like his music and his fantastic body, and if you don't like my opinion, tough, cos I happen to have one.

Davey
08-09-10, 12:17 PM
Morticia sorry your opinion means diddly squat to me I just thought if it was something that could have been amended rather than a guy being a bit pissy having been dropped from the top level and voicing his opinion/ thoughts at the time bearing in mind he had been dropped that week. Personally I don't know as I was working so never heard the speach. As you always voice your opinion does that also make you a wanker? ;)

jimmer
08-09-10, 06:30 PM
He might be a bit fed up this weekend just been dropped from Yamaha :-[

Mark_Able
08-09-10, 08:04 PM
Still a nice bloke and an awesome rider, no matter what anyone thinks. Frankly, the TechIII bike was a pile of crap. And with everyone suffering dodgy tyres at sometime or other, it's no wonder he lost confidence. He also takes time to come see his fans, which is a lot more than a lot of riders would do. As one of the best riders from the UK in the last ten years, folks should take time out to meet him. Just my opinion... :)

jimmer
08-09-10, 09:08 PM
Couldnt agree more Mr Able,dont forget he is 2 times World champion,he will be back next year BMW is looking good [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Morticia
08-09-10, 10:05 PM
Morticia sorry your opinion means diddly squat to me I just thought if it was something that could have been amended rather than a guy being a bit pissy having been dropped from the top level and voicing his opinion/ thoughts at the time bearing in mind he had been dropped that week. Personally I don't know as I was working so never heard the speach. As you always voice your opinion does that also make you a wanker? ;)

And that's exactly what it should mean, everyone gets so upset so quickly! If you think I'm a wanker, I'm sure there's plenty here that will agree with you. To be honest, I don't care either way. I don't understand what the fuss is about, some people like race bikes, some like cruisers, some people like James, some don't. So what?

Morticia
08-09-10, 10:09 PM
folks should take time out to meet him.

Which is exactly what I did, and it didn't work for me.

Davey
08-09-10, 10:30 PM

And that's exactly what it should mean, everyone gets so upset so quickly! If you think I'm a wanker, I'm sure there's plenty here that will agree with you. To be honest, I don't care either way. I don't understand what the fuss is about, some people like race bikes, some like cruisers, some people like James, some don't. So what?

corrr bloody hell - I was jesting with ya! :) Cos you said he was a wanker cos of his opinion of tech 111 etc Personally I don't give a toss if people like people or not thats life and it would be boring if we all liked the same **** 8-)

BladeTriple
09-09-10, 07:30 AM
Met him a few times and he's always been friendly enough willing to sign autographs and old bits of his scrapped bikes recovered from skips at Assen ;D

I can understand his p!$$ and moan session at last years party in the car park he had been through a really crappy season and it did feel like the whole world was against him in a biking sense and this year hasn't been much better for the poor lad who is 2x world champion.

Hope he has a more competitive ride next season and/or gets his confidence back and we see the best of JT and a 3rd World Title.

It must really get his back up that his team mate at Yamaha WSB gets his old ride back at Tech3 and the Ben Spies who has only pulled a few better results than JT managed goes and falls into Rossi's vacant seat , I'm sure I'd be bloody bitter too.

With regards to riders having time for fans at GW's I'd say a lot of it depends on the individual rider, we met Neil Hodgson at the GW birthday bash and we must've nattered for about half an hour to the point where we felt we were monopolosing his time away from his other fans but he nattered about all sorts from his little girl being all grown up since winning his title in 2003 at Assen to present day with having a little lad what he had been doing in the US to even divorce rates in the IOM and what it must be like for forces families etc too, a really nice approachable bloke .... Where other racers I have met like Ruben Xaus just grunt at you sign your t-shirt and scuttle off

PS Stu/ Morticia isn't everyone a wanker really ? I mean theres always room for a bit more self love in the world ;D x

Dex
11-09-10, 10:34 AM
Met Ben Spies who has only pulled a few better results than JT managed goes and falls into Rossi's vacant seat , I'm sure I'd be bloody bitter too.

I've gotta disagree a little here. I remember JTs first season in Moto GP - he stuck a good overtake back at Rossi in one race, and not much else that was especially notable. Spies has been pretty awesome this year.

PS Stu/ Morticia isn't everyone a wanker really ? I mean theres always room for a bit more self love in the world ;D x

I'm focusing on the prettier images this conjures up. Sorry Stu, you're not in them!

Davey
11-09-10, 10:44 AM
I'm focusing on the prettier images this conjures up. Sorry Stu, you're not in them!

I'm glad of that :D

Morticia - I wouldn't bother coming down as he might just be in the same mood as he's been sacked again lol

BIKETRANSPORT
11-09-10, 12:03 PM
I met james last year in wales and he was such a good bloke he took time to chat to my kids and had photos taken, signed t shirts etc, i think hes had a really tough few years and been dealt some harsh cards & had some nasty off's.
I think for a guy who was at the top of his tree a few years ago deserves a little slack?? [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Morticia
11-09-10, 04:20 PM

corrr bloody hell - I was jesting with ya! :) Cos you said he was a wanker cos of his opinion of tech 111 etc Personally I don't give a toss if people like people or not thats life and it would be boring if we all liked the same **** 8-)

Stu, this is completely unchartered territory for us, WE AGREE!!!!!!!!!! [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Davey
11-09-10, 09:03 PM

Stu, this is completely unchartered territory for us, WE AGREE!!!!!!!!!! [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

WOW a first for everything 8-)