PDA

View Full Version : i've crashed too! but i'm just nursing a sore neck

pilninggas
11-09-10, 11:44 AM
Thought i'd let you lot know, was having a bimble on thursday evening. Was in the middle of a three lane roundabout (A38@almondsbury) doing maybe 25mph, when a car changed it's mind about taking and exit and turned from lane 1 to lane 3 and across my path. Coudln't avoid it and hit the side of it. Head-butted the car and went to ground. I think the XJ6 is a write-off (which i'm gutted about as it seemed the perfect all-round machine)

Now very bored at home with a stiff neck - went to hospital yesterday, but they just said it's gonna be painful and to rest.

This is the third time a car has hit me in 2 years, but hey it won't put me off!

Merv

GaryMc
11-09-10, 12:03 PM
GWS mate and sorry about the bike [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

rich1988
11-09-10, 12:09 PM
what a pain! get well soon bud

Davey
11-09-10, 12:17 PM
Bugger - hope you get well soon

Bikes can always be replaced but health is more important [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

smellygerm
11-09-10, 01:20 PM
chin up mate hope the neck gets better soon [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Robf
11-09-10, 01:29 PM
Get well soon mate.

ro
11-09-10, 01:43 PM
Not good :( Hope you're well and riding again soon.
On the bright side, you get to go bike shopping, and it's a slow time of year for sales so there should be some good deals around :)

Davey
11-09-10, 02:30 PM
Where do you get that from Ro?? We do the same good deals all year around the price of the bikes doesn't go down to the dealer just cos its quiet (can actually go up if they don't bulk buy) plus its a risky game if dealerships want to go into the annual volume bonus if they don't hit it they're screwed!

Scotty
11-09-10, 02:41 PM
Did the car driver admit liability? Get yourself a solicitor - White Dalton advertise in the bike press (and they contribute to a bit inside the back page of Bike each month too)

pilninggas
11-09-10, 02:47 PM
Did the car driver admit liability? Get yourself a solicitor - White Dalton advertise in the bike press (and they contribute to a bit inside the back page of Bike each month too)
well he didn't outright admit liability, but he was apologetic and the car following me stopped and gave me her details as a witness. It was poor driving on his part as he was nearly off the roundabout and then completely changed his mind and came right over to the right.

Him, his passenger and the witness were more shaken-up than me. n I tried to ride the bike-away, but noticed within 200 yards it was dropping oil, so called the RAC out.

hotdog
11-09-10, 03:50 PM
Sorry to read this. Hope you mend soon and are able to get it all sorted satisfactorily.

Morticia
11-09-10, 03:50 PM
So sorry, but happy at the same time as all you got is a sore neck, it could have been a lot worse. Hope it all gets sorted soon.

virginie_morisot
11-09-10, 03:54 PM
ssorry to hear that, wish u good and fast recovery!

Hazel-nut
11-09-10, 03:57 PM
sorry to hear that but glad you arent too badly hurt!

ZZR600Dude
11-09-10, 05:31 PM
Where do you get that from Ro?? We do the same good deals all year around the price of the bikes doesn't go down to the dealer just cos its quiet (can actually go up if they don't bulk buy) plus its a risky game if dealerships want to go into the annual volume bonus if they don't hit it they're screwed!
Also theres a lot more cohice around with second at the start of the summer season as guess a lot of people decide thats the time to change their bike, thus more choice on the second hand market and hence lower prices.

:)

ZZR600Dude
11-09-10, 05:32 PM
Really sorry to hear about the accident.
Seems to have been quite a few recently.

:(

Nelly
11-09-10, 05:33 PM
Sorry to hear that mate. Get well soon :)

ro
11-09-10, 06:14 PM
Where do you get that from Ro?? Well, I observed that it happened this time last year when I was shopping for my Ninja. I'd been looking all through the summer and had pretty much decided to buy second hand, but come September, all the dealers (GW included) started trumpeting extra incentives for new bike sales (which I was happy to take [smiley=thumbsup.gif]).

Anyway, this isn't the thread to talk about dealer economics (though I'm sure we'd all be interested); better to sympathize with pilninggas and think of positive things to say.

Davey
11-09-10, 06:36 PM
Where do you get that from Ro?? Well, I observed that it happened this time last year when I was shopping for my Ninja. I'd been looking all through the summer and had pretty much decided to buy second hand, but come September, all the dealers (GW included) started trumpeting extra incentives for new bike sales (which I was happy to take [smiley=thumbsup.gif]).

Anyway, this isn't the thread to talk about dealer economics (though I'm sure we'd all be interested); better to sympathize with pilninggas and think of positive things to say.

Your the one that bought up about deals I just thought I'd correct you and best times are a myth! The deals run all year just maybe not advertised - just to add the kit deals will be ending soon in your time of 'best' deals time. Anyway I have always looked after members on the forum anytime of the year including the evenings and holidays [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Hopefully PG will be sorted soon and a successful claim goes through and he's back to fighting fit (ready for paintball wars) [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

bobf279
11-09-10, 07:48 PM
get well soon

Last Train
11-09-10, 07:50 PM
Ouch.....

Heal well

Bikermouse
11-09-10, 08:31 PM
Get well soon.

BB
11-09-10, 10:08 PM
Ouch! GWS [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

BladeTriple
11-09-10, 10:13 PM
Get well soon Merv .

I hope you get a decent outcome with the liability, Kaz has had that a few times of late with dickhead drivers changing their minds at the last minute cutting across several lanes and not using those big reflective things on the side of their cars or looking over their shoulders before a move .... Yet I think they'd complain if you kicked them off for them

best wishes K and L x

Jacde
12-09-10, 08:27 AM
hmmmm another vote to make all road users at bare minimum do a CBT, certainly riding a bike has made me even more bike aware when I'm in the car.
Hope you have a very speedy recovery [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

redken1
12-09-10, 06:31 PM
Ye get well soon mate

Roxy
12-09-10, 10:01 PM
ouch

GWS mate

Roxy [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jon_W
13-09-10, 08:11 AM
Ohh... nasty!

Wish you a speedy recovery.

pilninggas
13-09-10, 08:28 AM
thanks for all your kind posts, much appreciated. I'm hoping to go back to work tomorrow.

mervyn [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Iceman
13-09-10, 09:45 AM
Glad you're ok! :) Bloody plonker drivers once again! >:(