PDA

View Full Version : Flying object ahead.....

Honda_Star
12-09-10, 06:46 PM
Bought a new magnetic tank bag today for the bike...filled it by about 1/3 with my things, and then went for a ride

I was doing not much over 65 and the bloody thing flew off, hit my chest,leg and tumbled behind me in the road. It was a bit of a surprise to me but I kept in control.... Thankfully no traffic behind me other than Scotty who managed to avoid it and rescue it from a field. It is now rather worse for wear and I will be taking it back. NOT IMPRESSED. >:( >:(

Morticia
12-09-10, 06:53 PM
I have a magnetic tank bag too, but it's never malfunctioned. You should definitely take it back and make a HUGE fuss, that is dangerous and it was lucky Scotty was behind and not someone like me who would have most likely ended up crashing.

Roxy
12-09-10, 09:57 PM
what make was it babe?

I have a mini GIVI tank bag, never had a problem but I can't seem to find it anywhere in the house...maybe mine flew off too and I just didn't notice?? lol ::)

Roxy

Honda_Star
12-09-10, 09:59 PM
It was a Cargo - its going straight back as soon as I get time to go back into town....such a pain.

Roxy
12-09-10, 10:32 PM
yes take it back for sure, thats rubbish and dangerous. Full refund I think.

Uber Dave
13-09-10, 03:01 PM
I have a magnetic Oxford one which I got from GWs warehouse. The base has a zip which attaches to the main bag but the base also has a clear map pocket in which is handy for me for vehicle passes. Never had a problem with mine.

Did yours come with a head stock leash or not?

Davey
13-09-10, 04:08 PM
I have one thats about 10 years old and never had it fall off.

As Dave mentioned did you have the headstock securing leash attached as that should have held it when it came off

russ100
13-09-10, 07:56 PM
Are you sure you havent got a plastic tank ;D

Mark_Able
13-09-10, 08:28 PM
Are you sure you havent got a plastic tank ;D

That was my thoughts too... Mine's half plastic, hence why's I sold my magnetic tank bag. Got Baglux cover and bag. Looks cool too... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Scotty
13-09-10, 11:56 PM
No, the Triple has a steel tank... The bag only has a single magnet on each side and as soon as speeds reached 60 or so the wind got under the front of the side flaps and just peeled it off, and it doesn't have a retaining strap to pass round the headstock (I checked mine when I got home and it has three magnets on each side, and a headstock strap too) - simply put, it's poorly designed and will be promptly returned as being not fit for purpose >:( Fortunately there wasn't anything breakable in it when it bounced down the road...