PDA

View Full Version : Bad Karma

Moo
20-09-10, 09:50 PM
Not a happy bunny today, getting some more miles in to run in my new bike and picked up a rear puncture. Only 350 miles and I need a new tyre already :'( :'(

Had a nice dagger shaped piece of plastic stuck right in the centre of the tyre. Luckilly I stopped for a cup of coffee at Amesbury and thought it felt a bit odd as I pushed it backwards and noticed it then so didnt actually ride on it while it was flat.

The RAC put a temporary bung in it to get me home but V rated tyres cant be repaired apparently so it looks like a new one.

newnut
20-09-10, 09:53 PM
i know how you feel, i picked up a nail within a week of getting my blade. rotton luck mate!

Morticia
21-09-10, 07:25 AM
Sorry dude, I've never had that problem, but I'm so daft I probably wouldn't notice it till the boyfriend pointed it out...

Nelly
21-09-10, 07:51 AM
That sucks. Mind you i can beat your record. Found a bloody great screw in mine earlier this year after riding home from getting a new tyre fitted. 4 miles! Luckily it could be repaired. Beat that!

BB
21-09-10, 01:17 PM
I can't beat 4 miles but I had 3 punctures in one year. :o one in FZI and two in S2R ::)

I actually ran round with a tube in the FZI for a few weeks - having promised faithfully not to break any speed limits or go daft on it!

This practice is not reccomended and boy did I get it in the neck when the guys at Phoenix spotted it! :-[

BB

Nico_babe
21-09-10, 01:29 PM
Hey moo,

Same thing happened to me within the first week of picking up the Gixxer.

:-/

mcicy
21-09-10, 01:47 PM
3 punchures in 2 weeks on my old ZX6R

Even worse record with the car but they were always repairable

silly_simon
21-09-10, 05:53 PM
Rotten luck mate :(
That must have been you I and the brother followed yesterday evening [smiley=thumbsup.gif] 60Plate 675 SE 8-) along the road from chitterne to the A36 then round the warminster bypass to the frome round-a-bout [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I was in my brother's Hire car...... Porsche Boxter :D :D

wiltshire builders
21-09-10, 05:54 PM
Hang on. If this is bad Karma then it would mean you did something to deserve it. So come on, what was it? You're not that woman who put the cat in the bin are you? :o

BladeTriple
21-09-10, 06:04 PM
Hmmm I had a bung put in my rear tyre of my GSXR1000 and still rode it for another 1500 miles with no problems as it got a nail in it just 200 miles in it from new ....

Moo
21-09-10, 06:59 PM
Rotten luck mate :(
That must have been you I and the brother followed yesterday evening [smiley=thumbsup.gif] 60Plate 675 SE 8-) along the road from chitterne to the A36 then round the warminster bypass to the frome round-a-bout [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I was in my brother's Hire car...... Porsche Boxter :D :D

Yep that sounds like me!! Getting the new tyre fitted at the first service on Thursday. Getting a Tiger 1050 as a courtesty bike so that could be a laugh as well. Might have to leave work early to have a proper test ride. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Moo
21-09-10, 07:01 PM
Hang on. If this is bad Karma then it would mean you did something to deserve it. So come on, what was it? You're not that woman who put the cat in the bin are you? :o

Im hoping that its going to work the other way round. Ive had the bad just waiting for the good thing to happen. Might be waiting a while tho....

wiltshire builders
21-09-10, 07:20 PM

Im hoping that its going to work the other way round. Ive had the bad just waiting for the good thing to happen. Might be waiting a while tho....
Hope it does work that way around. I missed my flight to Biarritz for a party in the south of france on thursday so thought i'd cheer myself up by booking a track day at combe only to find out the zx10 is toooo loud. C'mon good Karma!