PDA

View Full Version : URGENT - FILL IN THIS SURVEY TODAY (24th Sept)!

Scotty
24-09-10, 05:33 PM
Spotted on another forum - the EU bureaucrats are considering harassing us even more than they do now - fill this in quickly to tell them to sod off! >:( >:( >:(

Follow the link from the MCN page:
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/General-news/2010/September/sep2210-euro-moto-threat/

Geordie Stu
24-09-10, 05:53 PM
Done.

Completed the Survey. They should be clamping down on Argicultural, Heavy Goods & Cars

Mas1
24-09-10, 06:25 PM
Done

t1pper
24-09-10, 07:13 PM
I case you did not know VOSA operate a comprehensive nationwide roadside checking system for LGV and PSV. Primaraily to check for roadworthyness, overloading, driving hours offences but also I have seen customs and exsize diping tanks for fuel duty dodgers.
So I am afraid it is already here in some form, I dont mind road side checks for cars and bikes if they are quickly completed with minimum of fuss. If you have an up together bike you have nowt to worry about. If you are riding a bike in dangerous condition you might be glad to be told.
However I do strongly dispute that only manufactures parts be fitted as this would monopolise the parts suply and kill of custom bikes over night. If its well made and is capable of meeting mot standards then thats should be the end of it. I think this topic will be a hot one
T1pper

wiltshire builders
24-09-10, 07:45 PM
This was in MCN? Must be true then. ;D

hotdog
24-09-10, 10:52 PM
More Crap than News strikes again :)

CBRowner
25-09-10, 11:30 AM
There is no way the EU can make this happen because there will be an outcry in Southern European countries where bikes out number cars.

Plus it did come from MCN which is like the Sun minus boobs on every other page ;D

Scotty
25-09-10, 12:03 PM
Yeah, Mostly Contrived Nonsense probably did over-hype it a bit but if it's something that's being considered then it's worth us making a fuss over it. I'm not keen on some un-elected faceless desk-jockey in Brussels deciding what I can and can't fit to my bike. >:(

The tossers that "write" for MCN (I use the verb advisedly) are those that aren't fit to work for the red-top gutter press.

There aren't any countries in Southern Europe where bikes outnumber cars (even the Greek islands) Emlyn - the EU doesn't have any clout in Vietnam.... ;)

amills
25-09-10, 05:01 PM
MCN on the ball .... article dated 22 Sept. Just gone to complete survey on 25th and its closed.

Unless I'm mistaken most government consultations are at least 6 months long (to allow both motoring organisations and joe public time to consider the implications and lodge their opinion/protest).

The underlying sentiment of the earlier comment:- "if its MCN it must be true"; may well be right.

Jon_W
27-09-10, 08:06 AM
I don't see much there that the fuzz cannot already do. As t1pper says, this is standard practice on HGV and PSV, but is the fuzz suspect a car or bike they can pull it and check for roar worthyness (think small number plates, loud exhausts).

The Germans survive the TUV testing regieme and have a vibrant modified car scene, so the artical makes little if no sence.

Typical comic. Gives us a laugh on a damp monday morning. :D