PDA

View Full Version : tps

beana
03-10-10, 03:29 PM
can anyone help me my bikes over revving got told it could be my tps as everything else has been cheaked. where abouts is the tps.

newnut
03-10-10, 04:10 PM
Throttle Position Sensor. What bike do you have??

RE03
03-10-10, 04:49 PM
can anyone help me my bikes over revving got told it could be my tps as everything else has been cheaked. where abouts is the tps.

If it's a Suzuki, maybe I can help :-/

beana
03-10-10, 05:30 PM
its a kangchao any help would be great

newnut
03-10-10, 09:17 PM
dont really know that bike mate, but had a few pit bikes for the kids, simular if not the same engine the carbs are usually pretty naff, so i would look into that, stick a mikuni 29mm carb on it, sorted the lads pitbike out which ran ****e b4. obviously you'll need to adjust that to suit. have you had it long? chinese bikes im sorry to say are more problems than they are worth.
not plugging other sites, but maybe if you were to google for a chinese bike forum you might get more help. good luck buddy

beana
04-10-10, 04:01 PM
ive put a 29mm mikuni carb on it now, got revving sorted now its boggin out think it is the air screw jus cant find it on the mikuni carb can you help newnut

jonnydangerous
04-10-10, 04:04 PM
where is the bog?
down the bottom of the rev range, mid or top?
is it when you crack open the throttle?
theyre all different metering circuits, most can be adjusted......

beana
04-10-10, 04:15 PM
yeah as soon as i rev it it just starts boggin out then dies if i keep throttle open

newnut
04-10-10, 04:18 PM
it will be the smaller of the two screws, nearest to the back of the carb, where the rubber boot from your airbox attaches. I cant remember exactly but pretty sure its on the left hand side, i'll try and find a diagram when i've had dinner and get back to you.

is it a round or flat slide version?

beana
04-10-10, 06:33 PM
i dont no. ok thanks mate

newnut
04-10-10, 08:59 PM
well if its a flat slide, the carb body its self will be the shape of this.........(___) as you look down on it, if its round it will be cylinder shaped. google images of a flat slide carb and a round slide carb and you'll see what I mean. if its the flat slide the adjustment u need is the flat head screwdriver and the screw is the one at an angle pointing towards the lower of the carb at the back by the rubber boot i mentioned earlier. hope that helps. theres a lot of trial and error setting up a carb so best google "setting up mikuni carb" if your a novice. good luck buddy.

I would increase the air your getting first, as this was a simular problem i had. not by much tho. quarter of a turn at most a time.

just to add, bogging down to a total cut out, are you sure its not being starved of fuel? have a play with the air intake as thats free and simple and get back to us.

beana
04-10-10, 10:13 PM
done it now thanks mate for all ur help really helped me out cheers