PDA

View Full Version : budget heated clothing??

zachl
05-10-10, 03:23 PM
is there such a thing?
or does budget mean not warm/dangerous

i plan to do some long rides this winter and would like to keep warm,

so somthing for the hands ie, grips or gloves

and maybe a vest

:)

Mitch9128
05-10-10, 03:28 PM
Got one of these http://www.windingroads.co.uk/shop/product.php/151/heat_pro_heated_back_pad in the loft, yours for £25.

Nokesy
05-10-10, 03:30 PM
I've just ordered a heated vest - it arrived at Gerry's yesterday so should see it tonight. I suffer really badly with the cold so am hoping this is the answer [smiley=thumbsup.gif] There are also lots around with battery charged packs but I really wanted one that plugs into the bike as I can't imagine anything worse than the packs running out of charge on a long journey and then not having adequate clothing to compensate.

I ordered this one http://www.cissburyleathers.co.uk/klan-heated-ladies-sized-waistcoat-i6250.html

Will let you know if it does the trick! Although I expect you'll want the men's version! ;D

zachl
05-10-10, 04:16 PM
is that about the sort of price im looking for one of those then nokesy. but your right, i would prefer a mens one, i half expected it to be pink and fluffy lol and i agree with the battery thing, plugged in is the way to go

that looks like a good idea mitch, although i would probably prefer a warmer front than back to counter act the wind

Nokesy
05-10-10, 04:21 PM
I'd have got pink and fluffy if they did them! ;D

ZZR600Dude
07-10-10, 12:19 PM
Not sure if it come under the budget category, but I have a Knox chest protector that velcros into my back protector. Find it too hot to wear in the summer but keeps you nice and warm in the winter as well as giving a bit of protection too. You can wear it standalone too using its own straps if you dont have the back protector.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

zachl
07-10-10, 01:07 PM
thanks mate will have a look

Honda_Star
07-10-10, 01:30 PM
I ordered this one http://www.cissburyleathers.co.uk/klan-heated-ladies-sized-waistcoat-i6250.html

Will let you know if it does the trick! Although I expect you'll want the men's version! ;D

I highly recommend Klan! Its the one I have and I wouldnt change it for the world. You can get cheaper ones which run off batteries but they dont last very long and arent as warm...Klan all the way!!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Kevinb
07-10-10, 01:33 PM
I've just come back from Newquay and bought a fleece from Sainbury's to wear under my jacket £7.50. How's that for budget.
I also have a coldkillers neck protector and thermal socks.

zachl
07-10-10, 02:59 PM
not a fan of fleece lol no offence :)

i do need a new jacket first though, i bought a black frank thomas one from georgie w's and only realised on a ride that its vented all up the arms and front, bloody cold!!

so need to go pick up a new non-holy one

wiltshire builders
07-10-10, 03:23 PM
I bought a thermal cycling jacket from aldi the other day. It's thin enough to wear under my one piece and warm enough to keep the cold out. My leathers are super vented all over too. I always wear Falke breathable tops against my skin as they draw moisture away while still keeping you warm. I Originally got them for skiing. I got mine from Blacks in Bath.

zachl
07-10-10, 03:49 PM
cheers mate will investigate that too :)