PDA

View Full Version : Bright Lights

Nelly
06-10-10, 09:45 PM
Oh wise sages.....
Let me run this by you.

On the way home tonight i got pulled by a beat bobby. Who stopped me thinking that my tail light was broken and a couple of LEDs were showing white.
In fact it was my plate light (which has to be white). He was a nice guy guy and we had a chat about whether it was too bright/at the wrong angle/etc etc. He said that its not really a problem but it is very bright.
Now standing back from the bike, i could see what he meant, it is bright. But isnt that a good thing?
Anybody heard this one before? I mean....if its bright.....surely thats good? Especially as i dont have a red reflector :-? (which he never mentioned! )
So. No points, no fine and no warning. But he took a note of name & address etc and told me that he will make a note that we had a chat.
So ...illegal?

Red Zed 1
06-10-10, 09:50 PM
saw you as we went past,thought you might have been pulled by the jobsworth but obviously not..was taking it steady just in case.. :)

Jon_W
11-10-10, 01:50 PM
You can't show a white light at the rear of the bike. The plate light must illuminate the plate but must not be directly visable at the rear.

If it's a standard tail unit talk to the dealer.

BladeTriple
11-10-10, 04:43 PM
Get a red permanent marker on them Nelly touch them in a bit dull it off ;)

Nelly
11-10-10, 05:10 PM
Been to work with a little strip of black electrical tape :)

Uber Dave
11-10-10, 08:27 PM
Funny you should mention this, I spotted how bright mine was this morning when I turned the ignition on in the garage (it was 6am and was pitch black) was like a spot lamp and never noticed it before. Mine is an R&G after market tail tidy not original fit.

At least he was decent about it and didn't demand it changing.

Nelly
11-10-10, 08:46 PM
Funny you should mention this, I spotted how bright mine was this morning when I turned the ignition on in the garage (it was 6am and was pitch black) was like a spot lamp and never noticed it before. Mine is an R&G after market tail tidy not original fit.

At least he was decent about it and didn't demand it changing.

I gotta feeling that mine may be the same...

Mark_Able
11-10-10, 10:04 PM
Funny, my Mrs pointed it out on sunday. I had the same tail tidy on my bike, and had the same problem. Personally I don't think it's an issue. It's only visible because of the angle. Just tell the plod it's stuck in 'reverse'... ;)

Nelly
12-10-10, 02:36 PM
Funny, my Mrs pointed it out on sunday. I had the same tail tidy on my bike, and had the same problem. Personally I don't think it's an issue. It's only visible because of the angle. Just tell the plod it's stuck in 'reverse'... ;)

;D ;D