PDA

View Full Version : Driver Blamed 100%...woohoo!

jonnydangerous
04-10-10, 04:01 PM
15 months after my "horrendous crash" (line stolen from Roscoe P Coltrane, from dukes of hazard).....
the accident investigator has been to the site and has assessed the reports and witnessed the road traffic markings.....

and........

as per the title.....

he has stated that the car driver is ONE HUNDRED PERCENT to blame :-)

wooooooooohoooooooooo......
so, the court case is looking good, and the compensation claim has just doubled (as the police stated 50/50!!!)....
if sucessful, i can claim back EVERYTHING! my leathers, bike, excess, premium increase, no claims bonus, injuries, time out, expenses......everything!!!

what should i buy first?????............... ;D

hotdog
04-10-10, 04:25 PM
Nice result JD but also a fair one. The best result of course would have been to not have the accident in the first place. No amount of compensation can undo that but in the circumstances you couldn't hope for better than this.

thegasman2000
04-10-10, 04:32 PM
Get something Italian, Red and fast [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Fez
04-10-10, 04:55 PM
Good result :)

Beamer
04-10-10, 06:30 PM
great news JD ....... crap way to go about getting a new bike and leathers but at least you're still here to do it [smiley=thumbsup.gif] ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ryan
04-10-10, 06:32 PM
Fantastic news jonathan!!!!!!!! we must go out and celebrate? maybe a trip to toms?

Dabz
04-10-10, 06:32 PM
great news :D

wiltshire builders
04-10-10, 06:39 PM
That must be a weight off of your mind. Glad to hear it went your way. Now you can afford to use me to build your new garage ;D

Snowy
04-10-10, 06:42 PM
Fantastic JD. You need a John Deere - you know you want to.....

Mas1
04-10-10, 07:00 PM
Great news [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Last Train
04-10-10, 07:04 PM
Really pleased for you mate [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

JAYJAY
04-10-10, 07:16 PM
Congratulations!! :)

Feels good don't it - I remember how I felt when a certain Clio driver's insurance company admitted liabity.

Wotcha gonna get - Nice Triumph? [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nico_babe
04-10-10, 07:25 PM
WEll done bud. Must celebrate!!

BB
04-10-10, 07:30 PM
Get something Italian, Red and fast [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Sounds reasonable 8-)

Good to hear! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

Nelly
04-10-10, 08:11 PM
Good news indeed JD. Glad that youre gonna get the result that you deserve. ....your round. ;D

Jacde
04-10-10, 08:16 PM
Aww chuffed to bits for you Muffin, do you know if driver is going to get a ban/points/fine/stuffed and mounted?

Fugazi-p
04-10-10, 08:34 PM
Reminds me of a few years ago... following getting smashed off my bike, my wife at the time turned up at hospital crying her eyes out at the sight of me in A & E. Eighteen months later she decided to have an affair and my £5000 compensation helped pay my solicitors bill for the divorce !!!
Spend it wisely matey :)

ro
04-10-10, 09:29 PM
That's good to hear. Money doesn't make up for what happened, but it's still very nice to have some to spend [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Bornagain
04-10-10, 10:10 PM
Aaahhhhhh, the sweet smell of justice, followed by the sweeter smell of a wad of cash burning a hole!!!!

Have damn fine fun spending it [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

zachl
05-10-10, 02:53 PM
a mate of mine got knocked of his zxr400 outside cumberwell, he got about 6k compensation and buggered off to Australia for a year

Nokesy
05-10-10, 03:17 PM
Nice one Muffin! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Is some consolation for a buggered knee I suppose ;) Like someone else said, better not to have happened, but seeing as it did, best outcome you could hope for [smiley=thumbsup.gif] And the right one - seeing as he WAS 100% to blame!

Think you should buy all your lovely mates on the forum an off-road bike to share! ;) ;D

Richzx10r
05-10-10, 04:28 PM
Congrats on the result Jaydee

Last Train
06-10-10, 08:29 AM
15 months after my "horrendous crash" (line stolen from Roscoe P Coltrane, from dukes of hazard).....

'There can be only one!' [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Ducatista
06-10-10, 01:24 PM
This is a great result and I'm very pleased for you.
I hope the driver was penalised in some way. I hate the idea of them getting away with it scott free.

I have to say though your attitude is an inspiration and I'm going to start giving blood again in 2 weeks.
You took it like a man and didn't complain.

Personally I would invest the money in case equipment/treatment is needed in later life, but I know exactly how well that sensible approach is going to go down.........so buy a Ducati......in RED

jonnydangerous
07-10-10, 08:07 AM
Fantastic news jonathan!!!!!!!! we must go out and celebrate? maybe a trip to toms?

hell, after i nearly "Bought the farm" i might BUY TOMS FARM....
Cheers peeps, might just buy one of EVERYTHING when they finally settle........ :-) hahaha

might even donate a tenner to WB........ ;D ;)

RedSoul
07-10-10, 08:55 AM
Great result Jaydee

Sean.C
08-10-10, 02:46 PM
Brillant news mate [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

HensonA
08-10-10, 03:27 PM
Great news Jaydee..
.....those KTMs in Fowlers look damned good and they have some offers on !!!!

Col
09-10-10, 07:48 PM
[smiley=thumbsup.gif] Great news JD

After all you've been through and the time lapse in this it is only right that any case looks much better for you mate.

What can you buy....mmmmmm I'll have a pint ;)

Good Luck

bazacasa
10-10-10, 06:02 PM
[smiley=thumbsup.gif] buy a gsxr1000 k6 - lovely bike and you won't need to take mine for a spin lol ::)

Roxy
11-10-10, 11:05 PM

'There can be only one!' [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

that yank pos??? no no no...he wants a good bike!! ;) ;D ;D

seriously though, well done JD, you deserve it all after the injuries, pain and ops you have been through chick, bring on the shopping trip!

roxy :)

Taylor86
13-10-10, 06:03 PM
Jaydee... if you turn up to a meet with brand shiny new everything you know you'll look like the new kid on the first day in a new school!! lol :P

Great news though!! And it's good to know that each and every 100% driver-at-fault result will help back other cases that would have otherwised penalised the biker in some way [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Roll_on
13-10-10, 06:26 PM
Great news Jaydee hope the payout is huge that should help just a little to dull all the pain that driver caused you.

Oh buy a Harley you know you want to. ;D ;D ;D

Geordie Stu
13-10-10, 08:45 PM
Result. Months of waiting great relief [smiley=thumbsup.gif]