PDA

View Full Version : tyre fitting

Mitch9128
14-10-10, 12:29 PM
Who's the cheapest fitting own bought to loose wheels?

Nico_babe
14-10-10, 12:33 PM
I would be interested to hear this as well if anyone has any feedback

Mitch9128
14-10-10, 12:45 PM
Chippenham motorcycles charged me £20 a few months back for a rear, he said it was going up to £25, most places charge less than that to take it off as well!!

Robf
14-10-10, 01:22 PM
Phil stokes in westbury charged me £10 per wheel to fit the tyres, but i had to do the labour, if you need his number pm me

zachl
14-10-10, 01:58 PM
a bloke in westbury did mine, dont know the name but its like a hunting a tackle shop too. i think he was reasonable

jonnydangerous
14-10-10, 02:01 PM
ive heard JD does a good job, for a tenner a tyre....hes in tidworth :-)

Mitch9128
14-10-10, 03:28 PM
For me i'd like near Chippenham.

bubblylittleme
14-10-10, 04:01 PM
Don't go to Chippenham Motorcycles...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Friend took her virago there to be fixed. 7 months on she was trying to get her bike back but wanted £1700 from her!

Jacde
14-10-10, 04:16 PM
ive heard JD does a good job, for a tenner a tyre....hes in tidworth :-)

He'll most probably accept a couple of kebabs as payment too! ;)

CBRowner
14-10-10, 04:21 PM
I had mine done at pro-tyre in Westbury and they only charged me £30 with the wheels still fitted to the bike [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

ZZR600Dude
14-10-10, 04:24 PM
I had mine done at pro-tyre in Westbury and they only charged me £30 with the wheels still fitted to the bike [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Did they refit the wheel and readjust the chain tension as well?

:)

jonnydangerous
14-10-10, 04:27 PM
hell, il do BOTH wheels for a kebab and chips.... ;-) ;D

Mitch9128
14-10-10, 04:44 PM
Don't go to Chippenham Motorcycles...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Friend took her virago there to be fixed. 7 months on she was trying to get her bike back but wanted £1700 from her!

Not sure if i should slate them on here, but i wouldn't go back, or use them for anything else. I was amazed at the young lad in there giving the old fella **** constantly, and the old fella looked like he didn't have a clue spannering.

Lexx0r
14-10-10, 04:59 PM
Protyre Bristol fitted for £30 for both tyres, all labour done by them including adjusting the chain etc.

Ended up buying tyres there instead from then onwards rofl!

CBRowner
14-10-10, 05:12 PM

They did refit and adjust the chain but they did it a little too tight but it only took a couple of spanners to adjust [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

It also included balancing as well plus they've started doing cheap tyres as well as the top end brands [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Lexx0r
14-10-10, 05:28 PM

They did refit and adjust the chain but they did it a little too tight but it only took a couple of spanners to adjust [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

It also included balancing as well plus they've started doing cheap tyres as well as the top end brands [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Oh forgot to mention they done the balancing for me too!
Great people. He even lubed my chain and loctited/greased the bolts that needed it.

Scotty
14-10-10, 10:32 PM
For anyone in the Newbury area, A&B Tyres on Hambridge Lane fit tyres to loose wheels for £10/wheel, I tend to use them when I don;'t have access to a tyre machine to do it for myself.

Dudes, you DON'T NEED TO TOUCH THE CHAIN ADJUSTMENT when you remove the rear wheel ::) ::) ::) remove the spindle, push the wheel forwards and lift the chain off the sprocket, then slide the wheel back out. Fitting is simply reversing the sequence - slide wheel in beyond the spindle position, hook chain back onto the sprocket, pull it back to align with chain adjuster positions, slide spindle back in - simples! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

CBRowner
17-10-10, 07:33 PM
For anyone in the Newbury area, A&B Tyres on Hambridge Lane fit tyres to loose wheels for £10/wheel, I tend to use them when I don;'t have access to a tyre machine to do it for myself.

Dudes, you DON'T NEED TO TOUCH THE CHAIN ADJUSTMENT when you remove the rear wheel ::) ::) ::) remove the spindle, push the wheel forwards and lift the chain off the sprocket, then slide the wheel back out. Fitting is simply reversing the sequence - slide wheel in beyond the spindle position, hook chain back onto the sprocket, pull it back to align with chain adjuster positions, slide spindle back in - simples! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I knew that but the yoof who did my rear wheel didn't know that but I wasn't paying by the hour so I didn't care and just let him carry on [smiley=thumbsup.gif]