PDA

View Full Version : Biker Down. Richard Lane

Geordie Stu
10-10-10, 07:53 PM
On our way back from Weymouth we stopped at Compton Abbas.

As we turn left to join the main carriage way few hundred yards down the road a car was across our carriageway with a bike embedded in the front end. We all stopped did our bit to help the injured biker till emergency services arrived. This all happened less than 1 minute after we left the airfield.

Richard was air lifted to Dorchester Royal with broken Tib & Fib very lucky man wasn't any worse considering the mess of his bike & car.

Ro did give him a WB Card [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB
10-10-10, 07:59 PM
Sorry to hear this, GWS [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

Roxy
10-10-10, 08:21 PM
crikey, hope he is ok, best wishes and a speedy recovery. Well done guys for stopping, I would expect no less from us all though! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Mas1
10-10-10, 08:23 PM
Sorry to hear this. Hope he gets better soon [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

virginie_morisot
10-10-10, 08:24 PM
hope the guys ok, sounds like fingers crossed he got out v4ery lucky...

Beamer
10-10-10, 08:38 PM
speedy recovery to the chap.....well done on what you all did for him.....and glad you were there to help [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Toph
10-10-10, 08:40 PM
The way all Wbers went into "emergency mode" was very impressive, Richard was attended to.. reassured and made comfortable, traffic was directed, and everything possible to help the situation was under control when the medics turned up. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
get well soon Richard, heal quickly mate!!
well done WBers [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Bikers rock!!!! 8-)

Green Man
10-10-10, 08:47 PM
Gws Richard by the looks of the car and the bike you had a remarkable escape with just a tib and fib
Ps you owe me some cigarettes as I kept you going on nicotine [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

speedy
10-10-10, 08:57 PM
Gws Richard by the looks of the car and the bike you had a remarkable escape with just a tib and fib
Ps you owe me some cigarettes as I kept you going on nicotine [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

i think it was the kiss of life that you offered him that brought him around :D ;D

Green Man
10-10-10, 09:07 PM

i think it was the kiss of life that you offered him that brought him around :D ;D

You bitch speedy your only jealous ha ha ha
[smiley=kiss.gif] [smiley=kiss.gif] [smiley=kiss.gif]

ro
10-10-10, 10:16 PM
Sue was first on the scene and looked after Richard the whole time:
http://hollywood.ro.nu/album/2010-10-10/s5-1013074/photo.jpg

http://hollywood.ro.nu/album/2010-10-10/s5-1013085/photo.jpg

WB traffic police:
http://hollywood.ro.nu/album/2010-10-10/s5-1013110/photo.jpg

http://hollywood.ro.nu/album/2010-10-10/s5-1013100/photo.jpg

The official response was prompt and impressive too:
http://hollywood.ro.nu/album/2010-10-10/s5-1013116/photo.jpg

http://hollywood.ro.nu/album/2010-10-10/s5-1013117/photo.jpg

http://hollywood.ro.nu/album/2010-10-10/s5-1013121/photo.jpg

http://hollywood.ro.nu/album/2010-10-10/s5-1013126/photo.jpg

Get well soon Richard!

JAYJAY
10-10-10, 10:50 PM
'fraid that may well be a very loved limited edition T110

DaytonaDog
10-10-10, 10:53 PM
GWS Richard

sad to report that there have been a number of bike rta's today. One serious and sadly one a fatal.

Rip to the biker and condolences to the family.

Guys take care out there riding and stay shiny side up please.

Scotty
10-10-10, 11:16 PM
Oh bollocks, bad news - best wishes for a speedy recovery Richard, use Valentino as your inspiration, today he won his first race since his compound Tib (or Fib) fracture in June.
Well done to the WBs who sprung into action to help...

Roxy
10-10-10, 11:21 PM

Col.....you gave a man in shock ciggies???? :o :o lol

Seriously well done guys and girls! speedy, that unifrom suits you sir!! is that for next weekend with the nurses? lol

Roxy ;D

Jacde
10-10-10, 11:48 PM
Pats on the backs all round folks, very proud to be part of this fantastic group of people! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Like the touch of giving the biker a WB card, did make me chuckle :)
I hope if I ever need help like he did today you lot are on hand!

hope anyone injured this wknd has a very speedy recovery!

Very sad to hear about a fatality :( :(

Green Man
10-10-10, 11:51 PM

Seriously well done guys and girls! speedy, that unifrom suits you sir!! is that for next weekend with the nurses? lol

Roxy ;D

Kirsty the guy was awake and trying to roll a fag it was going every ware so as the gentleman as I am I gave him a talermade and another and a another bless him!! and you got past me 2 times todayGrrrrrr Waite until next time my wrist will be better and your be seeing rubber from my rear flying towards you catch me if you can !!!!!
[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

speedy
11-10-10, 12:13 AM

Roxy ;D

Roxy the guy was awake and trying to roll a fag it was going every ware so as the gentleman as I am I gave him a talermade and another and a another bless him [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

yeah i bet thats what you say to all the boys. :D :D

speedy
11-10-10, 12:15 AM
[quote author=cobs link=1286736824/0#7 date=1286740029]Gws Richard by the looks of the car and the bike you had a remarkable escape with just a tib and fib

Roxy ;D

Roxy the guy was awake and trying to roll a fag it was going every ware so as the gentleman as I am I gave him a talermade and another and a another bless him [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

yeah i bet thats what you say to all the boys. :D :D[(greenman not you roxy. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

speedy
11-10-10, 12:21 AM
Seriously well done guys and girls! speedy, that unifrom suits you sir!! is that for next weekend with the nurses.
roxy do you think i will get away with it ;)

redken1
11-10-10, 06:41 AM
I think the fact that Richard left the bike on impact, flew over the car and landed on the grass was a huge factor in saving him from worse injuries. Get well quick mate. Although I did'nt do alot myself the group of WB's were fantastic. A sobering end to an otherwise brill day though.

Nelly
11-10-10, 07:41 AM
Well done WB'ers hope the guy is up and about soon.

Bornagain
11-10-10, 11:07 AM
All the best Richard [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Well done guys [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Dabz
11-10-10, 11:09 AM
GWS Richard.

By the sounds/looks of things, the way you guys handled the situation was an example to all. Makes me very proud to be part of a group who can take control of a situation and make a real difference like that, nice one guys!

DaytonaDog
11-10-10, 12:14 PM
Speedy I like the fact that your were instantly given the rank of sergeant. What's your secret? I've got a promotion exam coming up and need all the help I can get. [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Col
11-10-10, 12:14 PM
:o :o :D :D

Is that Acting Chief Sooperintentant Chief Sergeant SPEEDY in charge ? :D

blimey surprised there weren't more mayhem ;)

Good stuff folks [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

speedy
11-10-10, 04:11 PM
Speedy I like the fact that your were instantly given the rank of sergeant. What's your secret? I've got a promotion exam coming up and need all the help I can get. [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
he said i had a nice smile ;) or was it the fact i may have got run over. must admit the traffic was nicer to me before i put it on [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Roxy
11-10-10, 04:16 PM
Seriously well done guys and girls! speedy, that unifrom suits you sir!! is that for next weekend with the nurses.
roxy do you think i will get away with it ;)

I think you looked the biz in the vest but hey if you are more into the nurses unifrom you fill your boots mate! lol ;D ;D

Roxy [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Last Train
11-10-10, 06:59 PM
GWS mate [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

A bit too early for anyone to have heard any more news i'd imagine ?

Nelly
11-10-10, 10:24 PM
We just realised. We actually Know this guy. From the bike and the pics it def looks like a guy at our place of work. I'll make enquiries tomorrow and see what i can find out.

Just found out it is him. We'll get a card and get you guys to sign it on Wednesday and friday.

He's gonna love robins pictures ;)

JAYJAY
11-10-10, 10:58 PM
Was I right about the bike Nelly - a limited edition in Meridian Blue? It was very polished and obviously much loved - he's gonna be gutted!

Green Man
11-10-10, 10:58 PM
We just realised. We actually Know this guy. From the bike and the pics it def looks like a guy at our place of work. I'll make enquiries tomorrow and see what i can find out.

Just found out it is him. We'll get a card and get you guys to sign it on Wednesday and friday.

He's gonna love robins pictures ;)
well done Nelly It will be a pleasure to sign it [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB
12-10-10, 07:58 AM
Good idea, keep us posted how he goes on. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

Last Train
12-10-10, 10:25 AM
Good idea, keep us posted how he goes on. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

X2 :)

ro
12-10-10, 11:03 AM
Just had this excellent news from Ida, Richard's wife:

Dear Wiltshire Biker Friends,
Thank you for your help and support on Sunday.
My husband is well, no broken bones or any other serious injury as it seemed.
Though he is looking forward to go back to work soon, he feels so painful on
right foot which I think it would take for a while.

'''
I told myself it wasn't Richard when I saw bikers standing on the road side
A blue Triumph Bonneville with yellow plate of his I spotted
There he was on the ground looking for me
Straigh to him I ran...

no fears but hope
so chilled and I shake

good hearted people friends
cheers and supports
bikers of Wiltshire

no tears and I wish
he survives at the end
no broken bones
'''
Have a good day to all of you.
thank you very much,
ida and Richard with little boy Chardra

ps. We look at Wiltshire Bikers website. Thank you for your kindness.

Last Train
12-10-10, 11:14 AM
That is terrific news

[smiley=tekst-toppie.gif]

Robf
12-10-10, 11:29 AM
great news as the accident looked really bad

Hunar
12-10-10, 11:53 AM
Good to hear he is OK, when he is ready to get back out, I am sure there will be plenty of offers to be wingmen, (or is it wingpeople now?) that would be more than happy for a bimble as well.

Hope the foot eases up sooner rather than later chief!

Jacde
12-10-10, 12:13 PM
Aw bless her! Glad to hear there were no breaks, phew! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
I saw the boxer dog in the car in the photo, now we know biker is ok, can anyone say if dog was ok? :-?

Nelly
12-10-10, 12:13 PM
Ive been in Contact with Rich this Morning. Here is an email from him...

Hi Neil
It all happened a bit quick, but i was very very lucky. I feel like ive been kicked about a bit. and im gutted about the bike but never mind im still wakling.
Thanks to all your mates that took great care of me and traffic control as well. The driver has admitted that t was his fault and the police have adviced the insurance comany of th details. Just have to wait and see whats going to happen about the bike, but i think its a dead.. Catch up with in a few days. Should be fit for work then, and i will e,mail your mates to say thanks. I think my wife has already been in contact.. Cheers Rich...

Cant beleive that he didnt break anything! 8-)

BB
12-10-10, 12:25 PM
That's so good to hear! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

It's hell of a way to recruit new members tho' grabbing them when they can't run :o

BB

Toph
12-10-10, 01:45 PM
great news that no bones are broken, the paramedic seemed sure his leg was broken.
get well soon Rich. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

bubblylittleme
12-10-10, 05:00 PM
Thats brilliant news, Rich.

You were one lucky guy!!!
Could have sworn it was broken too from the look of it!

Hope to see you on a new bike riding round with us soon!

JAYJAY
12-10-10, 06:13 PM
Great News Rich - Thats the most broken looking injury just above the ankle I've ever seen without a break!! You must be built of solid stuff!!

Hope you are up and about soon - JJ

redken1
12-10-10, 06:58 PM
I am so relieved to hear you have no broken bones. As John says you must be made of strong stuff. GWS Rich

redken1
12-10-10, 07:01 PM
I saw the boxer dog in the car in the photo, now we know biker is ok, can anyone say if dog was ok? :-?
Ye Jackie the lad driving the Ford KA was on his way to take the dog for a walk. When his parents arrived on the scene I asked his mother if the dog was ok. She assured me that the dog was fine. Boxers are a pretty hardy breed.

Caz
12-10-10, 10:57 PM
Scary you just never know what is round the corner, glad Richard is ok though.

Well done WB, what a crazy day!!

Lexx0r
13-10-10, 10:48 AM
Great news - ashtonished and pleased to hear nothing is damaged or broken. You must have been the milkybar kid brother.

GWS! Naythx

Geordie Stu
13-10-10, 08:53 PM
Incredible to think he has come away without any broken bones. Considering the bike is a mess.

Nice to have a relatively happy ending. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Morticia
14-10-10, 02:47 PM

Scary thought!

Morticia
14-10-10, 02:48 PM
Ye Jackie the lad driving the Ford KA was on his way to take the dog for a walk. When his parents arrived on the scene I asked his mother if the dog was ok. She assured me that the dog was fine. Boxers are a pretty hardy breed.

A boxer? Definitely ok then! I have two, and they're tough as trees those two crazy bitches.

Nelly
18-10-10, 07:18 PM
Just thought you'd like to know...

Had a chat with Richard today who came back to work. Leg still very swollen and painful but still smiling. :)

Toph
18-10-10, 07:39 PM
great news... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Rich must be a tough cookie Nelly!

BB
19-10-10, 07:18 AM
Good to hear, Nelly. [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Hope he gets back out there on two wheels again soon.

What news on his bike?

BB

Nelly
19-10-10, 07:45 AM
Good to hear, Nelly. [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Hope he gets back out there on two wheels again soon.

What news on his bike?

BB

BB. Bike looks like it is no more. Major damage to front end will make sure it never sees tarmac again, shame cos it was a beaut. Rich is just waiting to see what his insurance comes up with...

Last Train
19-10-10, 08:29 AM
Good to hear he's up and about :)

BB
20-10-10, 11:28 PM
Ah well, I know from experience you can always replace the bike!
BB