PDA

View Full Version : Off the road :(

THE_SALESMAN
22-10-10, 06:49 PM
Hello guy n gals!

Thought id write you all a message to say im not going to be on any ride-outs for a while due to a crash I had on my Daytona 600 on the Sunday just gone :(

Basically I was riding on the B3081 near shaftesbury at about 3 when it happened. I was leaning round a corner when the front wheel wobbled and took me onto the otherside of the road where there was a car there. I was unable to get the bike to get back on the otherside before we hit and we were both doing between 40-50. Within 5 minutes the air ambulance arived with police and more ambulances shortley after.

Thankfully I didnt make it into the air ambulance and was able to walk away with a few scrapes and bruises. Unfortunately the bike wasnt quite as lucky being a write off so it may be a while before im out again.

The police have called me since and they belive no-one was at fault however as I was on the otherside when the collision happened I cant claim :( so just to stress, take it steady guys and be carefull!!!!
It was not anything I would want anyone else to go through!!!!

BB
22-10-10, 07:43 PM
Sorry to hear about the bike but good to hear you walked away even if you did give the air ambo a practise shout ;)

Bikes can be repaired/replaced, people less so!

Look forward to hearing you are back out there again soon. (you can always go to meets in a car)

BB

GaryMc
22-10-10, 08:46 PM
Your a lucky man and the bike can be replaced mate [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Ride safe all 8-)

Last Train
22-10-10, 08:54 PM
Glad you're ok mate :)

Toph
22-10-10, 09:13 PM
good news you're Ok mate.. [smiley=thumbsup.gif] was the daytona ex- smellygerm?? :-?

Beamer
22-10-10, 10:26 PM
glad you are ok and managed to walk away..... as has been said already....bikes are replaceable, people aren't. You can still attend bike meets in the car if you want to.....lots of us do [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nelly
23-10-10, 12:55 AM
Good Job your ok fella. Take care. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

smellygerm
23-10-10, 08:44 AM
good to see your ok mate [smiley=thumbsup.gif]as for the bike noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :'(