PDA

View Full Version : Sorry mate - I did not see you...

SupeRDel
25-10-10, 06:30 PM
Did this story from the Gazette pass everyone by..?

Read it and give it some thought...

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l109/superdel/eyesight.jpg

BB
25-10-10, 06:53 PM
No, I saw it and was frankly stunned. :o

Now tell me you are against compulsory eye tests! Mind you, if the bloke had specs but didn't wear them..... words fail me! >:(

No way could I read a licence plate without my specs and I am happy to wear them all the time. Ego/vanity doesn't come into it.

BB

Mark_Able
25-10-10, 08:27 PM
His daughter should've shopped him to the plod. They'd have taken his licence off him. However, it shouldn't have to come down to someone shopping him, it should be law as you say BB. Makes my blood boil (again)... >:( >:( >:(

SupeRDel
26-10-10, 06:46 PM
Sorry, although your comments are valied, I am looking at this another way.

It just shows the sort of drivers that could be out there!

redken1
26-10-10, 06:55 PM
If any road user requires glasses to drive or ride then you would expect them to wear them. Unfortunately Judy, compulsory eye tests will not ensure that road users who need glasses will wear them. Very worrying indeed.

Nelly
26-10-10, 06:55 PM
...and i sometimes feel that i have met most of them! >:(

redken1
26-10-10, 06:57 PM
...and i sometimes feel that i have met most of them! >:(Know what you mean Nelly

BB
26-10-10, 07:05 PM
We are all the sort of drivers/riders that are out there, we can all make stupid/ill informed decisions in an instant that could sometimes work and sometimes not when we are riding or driving.

Whether we hit or miss can often be a question of luck or reaction. You can be the worst driver in the world and never have an incident whilst causing chaos all around! :o Conversley you could be highly qualified/skilled/experienced etc etc and get taken out by something stupidly simply! :(

Treat it like a game of tag, but know that when something tags you its gonna hurt!! :P

Stay safe peeps!

BB

igbell
26-10-10, 09:58 PM
Or do like Billy Connely said once buy a windscreen that is a perscription windscreen then they couldnt not wear them...Hee Hee