PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki down!!!

Bornagain
25-10-10, 11:09 AM
Got to Newcastle, was right at the doorstep and steam started bellowing from the engine! Not good. Was up there with a mate who was buying a gert great van so we chucked the bikes in the back and headed back. Called RAC (free for a year from Kawasaki) Saturday morning to check the bike....and they didn't show up til 4.20pm!! They didn't have a recovery facility for bikes and GW's would have been closed by the time they got it there so the bike had to stay for a night insecure on my mates drive!
After RAC inspection, it seems there's a coolant leak from the top hose which is dropping on the engine and steaming, they also found an oil leak around the sump and the thing stinks!!!
A recovery arrived this morning at 1030 and its now well on its way to GW's.

My plan of buying a new bike on reliability grounds has been well and truely blown out of the water.

I just hope it comes back clean :D

I hear i missed a good day, i'm gutted and i could have seriously done with some anger release yesterday

Bummer

smellygerm
25-10-10, 11:13 AM
chin up kid it could have been worse, you can always borrow mine [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Beamer
25-10-10, 11:14 AM
awww thats crap basil..... and we did miss you yesterday....maybe do it again sometime....thanks to you and smelly tho, it really was fun and I am so glad i went.....even if i do have bruises hehe (so worth it tho)
[smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jacde
25-10-10, 11:17 AM
Oh bugger! :o
Exact reason I bought new Yamaha.
Fingers crossed they sort your bike out, with no on going issues [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Bornagain
25-10-10, 11:18 AM
awww thats crap basil..... and we did miss you yesterday....maybe do it again sometime....thanks to you and smelly tho, it really was fun and I am so glad i went.....even if i do have bruises hehe (so worth it tho)
[smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Looks like you all had a great time. I was pretty bruised yesterday!!!....and i dont think i was the easiest bloke to live with for a day >:( >:(...just ask Tash!

Nelly
25-10-10, 12:35 PM
Sorry to hear about your bike Bas. Hope it gets sorted soon :(

Nokesy
25-10-10, 12:57 PM
Bad news mate :( Bandits are very reliable! ;D

BB
25-10-10, 01:32 PM
Sorry to hear that, hope it gets sorted soon! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

Jon_W
25-10-10, 03:09 PM
Oh ferk!!! Not good. Hope it is all covered buy Kawacrapi....

silly_simon
25-10-10, 06:48 PM
Sorry to hear that mate :(
You must be well hacked off and rightly so :o

i would be right royally cheesed off if it were me, Hope all gets sorted soon mate [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

redken1
25-10-10, 07:07 PM
ye sorry to hear that Liam u dont expect that from a new bike

jaagsxr
25-10-10, 07:54 PM
go Italian m8 they are real reliable :-[ good luck with gw lol

Mark_Able
25-10-10, 08:16 PM
Oh dear oh dear. I've never owned a Sack-a-cacki and have no intention of in the future. Yamaha and Honda all the way for me. Hope you get it sorted mate... :( [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BladeTriple
25-10-10, 08:27 PM
Couldn't you have found a decent dealership to take it to for warrenty work Basil? George $h1tes great for deals on bikes totally pish for aftersales good luck there buddy x Sorry you're without your shiny new baby and we hope you get it sorted soon

Roxy
25-10-10, 09:03 PM
OH DEAR OH DEAR sorry to hear about your crapizaki mate, Hope you get it sorted quickly

YAMAHA RULE ;)

Roxy ;D

Scotty
25-10-10, 10:32 PM
....[size=24]YAMAHA RULE ;)

Roxy ;D

Yeah yeah, with their grabby weak clutches and gearboxes made of cheese... you want to try racing some of these spamahas...pah! >:(

Green all the way.....

;)

Green Man
25-10-10, 10:41 PM
....[size=24]YAMAHA RULE ;)

Roxy ;D

Yeah yeah, with their grabby weak clutches and gearboxes made of cheese... you want to try racing some of these spamahas...pah! >:(

Green all the way.....

;)

Green all the wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaayyyyyyyy [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

DaytonaDog
25-10-10, 10:51 PM
Mate, you must be gutted and nice to see the sympathy flowing on here too.

Shame you couldn't make the paintballing especially when you put do much into organising it.

Hope it gets sorted quickly and hassle free.

hotdog
26-10-10, 09:40 AM
Sorry to read this Basil... I wonder if that's a pipe that's supposed to be fitted/checked on the PDI because if so no wonder it went wrong. In my own personal experiences GW's are useless at PDI's. Still, I'm sure they'll fix it up OK coz they'll be being paid for the work. Hope you're back on the road soon.

jonnydangerous
26-10-10, 10:15 AM
should have come offroading with us fella... ;-)
just unlucky thats all, its still a great bike, and once this is sorted im sure it will give loads of good runs out.

keep smilin mate, see you soon.

HensonA
26-10-10, 11:16 AM
Liam, sorry to hear about the bike. Hopefully GWs can get it fixed quickly for you .... and check the other coolant system pipes.

Do you know when it is going to be ready for you to pick up?
Only asking as I am going to be over at GWs this Thursday morning for 2 or 3 hours ..... so if it's then you're collecting your bike, see you for a coffee in the GW cafe ????

..Ade. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

virginie_morisot
26-10-10, 02:06 PM
sorry to hear that,hope bike gets fixed very soon ..

Caz
26-10-10, 03:35 PM
go Italian m8 they are real reliable :-[ good luck with gw lol

Seem to remember you had a bit of a problem too ;D

Buy British thats what I say [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Bad luck Liam

Mas1
26-10-10, 03:58 PM
Sorry to hear about your bike Liam hope you get it all sorted sooooooon [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Bornagain
26-10-10, 09:14 PM
Had a call from Andy in the service department, They striped her down and found that coolant was jetting from the top hose that must have "wiggled itself loose", it was then steaming off the hot engine!! Everything had a thorough going over and she's ready for action again. We had some umming and arghing over her return but they eventually agreed to return her on one of their vans, initially they wanted me to collect which i wasn't too happy about obviously.
I had been smelling something fishy for a while but thought it might have been a new bike smell!! I'm wondering if it was a mistake they made during it's first service inspection!!
Not the best start really but i've missed her and am looking forward to our reunion (...how sad!!)
Doesn't instill much faith in GW's though and i'm hoping there's no more problems lurking!!
Mr Kawasaki (or Mr White!) owes me a day paintballing!!

Toph
26-10-10, 09:18 PM
If you get the bike back tomorrow, how about a ride over to the H&C??? 8-) [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Bornagain
26-10-10, 09:26 PM
Not being delivered back til Wed 3rd Nov!! Got Harry tomorrow for half term Yipeeeeeeee [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Toph
26-10-10, 09:36 PM
nice to have young-un's around!!!
did you get your 4mm screws in B&Q today??????? ;D

JAYJAY
26-10-10, 10:10 PM
Glad it turned out to be not too serious Liam - though GW service seems to suck a bit!! Maybe time to try some British engineering and service!

See u soon [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Bornagain
26-10-10, 10:40 PM
nice to have young-un's around!!!
did you get your 4mm screws in B&Q today??????? ;D

Are you stalking me!!! ;D

Toph
26-10-10, 10:43 PM
God no!!!!! my daughter works in B&Q and she saw your hoody with Wiltshire Bikers Basil on it!!!! ;D

Bornagain
26-10-10, 10:44 PM
God no!!!!! my daughter works in B&Q and she saw your hoody with Wiltshire Bikers Basil on it!!!! ;D

I'm glad you said that.... i was really concerned as to why that nice young lady kept staring at my nipple ;D ;D :D ;)

Taylor86
27-10-10, 12:40 PM

I'm glad you said that.... i was really concerned as to why that nice young lady kept staring at my nipple ;D ;D :D ;)

;D It's not like you to complain Basil!!

Mark_Able
27-10-10, 08:28 PM
Glad it was nothing serious mate. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

silly_simon
27-10-10, 08:40 PM
Perhaps try http://www.bristolkawasaki.co.uk/ next time buddy [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

By the way did you get my PM ??