PDA

View Full Version : papers lie

smellygerm
25-10-10, 10:54 AM
just to conferm last weeks gazzet and herald and Wiltshire times placed an article on the harp & crown bike meet saying we end on the 24th of November. THis is not the case we welcome all bikers all year round and on every Wednesday smelly burgers are still £2 [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
if they can put anything they like in their papers then what the he'll are we missing out on or reading about ,I'm quite a chilled guy but this really gets the my rage rising >:(, I almost stamped my foot [smiley=happy.gif]

Jacde
25-10-10, 10:58 AM
Post some Dilly Dong poo to them!

Beamer
25-10-10, 11:09 AM
I do hope you have been in touch and told them about the loss of custom such a stupid comment can cause......get them to put in a free advert or write up on what a good meet it is AND the fact it will not be stopping!! >:( >:(

Nelly
25-10-10, 12:37 PM
Second beemers statements. Get on to em and demand that they correct the statement! Tell em that no one in WB will buy a G&H until they do! ;D

wiltshire builders
25-10-10, 12:43 PM
I used to run a comedy night at the Rose and Crown and thought doing an interview in the Gazzette would help drum up business. Probably would've worked if they hadn't printed that all tickets were sold out for the next 2 events. I don't know where they get it from.

Don't worry Stacy, i'm sure the smell of your burgers will lure people from far and wide.

ro
25-10-10, 01:17 PM
No need to get uppity with the paper, or even to correct it right away... isn't a better story if you play along? Get them to run a reminder in November, then there's an opportunity to get another story out of it when night is still so popular you've been "persuaded" by the ever-growing numbers to carry on all winter! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nokesy
25-10-10, 01:20 PM
You have every right to stamp your foot Stace! ;D But I quite like Ro's idea :) There could be some great mileage for you in their stupidity [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Meanwhile, still won't buy one ;)

smellygerm
25-10-10, 01:47 PM
rung them and their going to correct it next week he actualy seemed like a nice guy or am I gullible :-?

BB
25-10-10, 01:52 PM
You really want us to answer that? :D

BB

Jon_W
25-10-10, 03:05 PM
rung them and their going to correct it next week he actualy seemed like a nice guy or am I gullible :-?

One, the other or both may be possible......... :P But not likley!!! :D

hotdog
26-10-10, 09:34 AM
Without one single exception, every single news paper report I've ever read where I knew the facts, was wrong! Really, not a single exception to that. Anything from getting someones name or relationship wrong to the town they live in, what the story is, right through to not getting anyones name right and reporting the wrong (made up) story!

Now, if that's happened with every story I know the truth of, how much do they get right????

That's why I don't get a paper!!! :)

Taylor86
27-10-10, 12:53 PM
When I was 17 I got shot by an air rifle by the Green in Marlborough (odd story...)
The Gazette and Herald managed to get the facts right, but when they passed the story on to the Mirror (it was one of the tiny sideline bits) it somehow morphed into me being shot while wandering through grasslands with 2 men in the middle of the night!!

It did make me chuckle, but only because it didn't mention my name!! lol :D

Nico_babe
27-10-10, 01:12 PM
When I was 17 I got shot by an air rifle by the Green in Marlborough (odd story...)
The Gazette and Herald managed to get the facts right, but when they passed the story on to the Mirror (it was one of the tiny sideline bits) it somehow morphed into me being shot while wandering through grasslands with 2 men in the middle of the night!!

Wondering around at night............ come on.. tell us the REALLLL story [smiley=happy.gif] [smiley=happy.gif]

Taylor86
27-10-10, 11:21 PM

Wondering around at night............ come on.. tell us the REALLLL story [smiley=happy.gif] [smiley=happy.gif]

The boring reality was me drunkenly walking home from the pub... lol ;)

bazacasa
28-10-10, 08:54 PM
Without one single exception, every single news paper report I've ever read where I knew the facts, was wrong! Really, not a single exception to that. Anything from getting someones name or relationship wrong to the town they live in, what the story is, right through to not getting anyones name right and reporting the wrong (made up) story!

Now, if that's happened with every story I know the truth of, how much do they get right????

That's why I don't get a paper!!! :)

I totally agree 99% but they do get the football scores factually correct, thats why I only read sports pages. [smiley=happy.gif]