PDA

View Full Version : wiltshire bikers meeting 29th 0ct 2010

KP
10-10-10, 07:59 PM
This is something we have been planning for a little while now, we seem to have so many active members at the moment, that we thought it would be a good idea to see what you the members want.

A rough guide to what will be talked about is listed here.

1...Our yearly camping trip, when where??

2... WB weekly meet

3... Our christmas meal

4...WB rules and regs...(this wont take long)

5...Dabz.... on the forum ( he will love this one)

6... have your say any ideas ?

it would be good to see as many of you as possible for this, it will take place at the Polebarn Hotel Trowbridge 29th oct,doors open at 7.. meeting to start at 8pm..

ps, any thoughts prior to this that we could add to the meeting drop me a pm, and we will try and fit it in, it should get us all chatting and expressing our views

Lorraine
10-10-10, 09:16 PM
Have u seen Star's thread regarding a Halloween Party on the same night? ::)
http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1285332616/1#1

Geordie Stu
10-10-10, 09:21 PM
Meeting first party after :-X

SERV_Wiltshire
10-10-10, 09:33 PM
Hi Guys,

Would you be interested in a SERV Wiltshire presentation to your members once you've finished the rest of your meeting?

We try to get around all the bike groups so we get as much coverage as possible, and I'm sure your riders would be interested to hear about what we do, and hopefully some may like to help out?

We can tailor a presentation to be as long or short as you require, please let me know if this is something you would be interested in.

Many thanks,

Kiel
County Coordinator
SERV Wiltshire
07005 938 272
wiltshire@serv.org.uk

SERV - It's what we do.

smellygerm
11-10-10, 08:08 AM
sorry guys can't make this being Halloween and all :( busy times but I'm sure someone will tell me what's going on [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Dabz
11-10-10, 11:00 AM
more than happy to have a presentation Kiel, I know a lot of our members will be very interested!

Bornagain
11-10-10, 11:04 AM
I'm one of them!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Bornagain
11-10-10, 11:04 AM
Meeting first party after :-X

Yeah baby (I'll get some more 'Monster' in dude!) [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nelly
11-10-10, 12:29 PM
We'll be whether its fancy dress or a meeting :)

KP
11-10-10, 01:59 PM
I agree with Dabz, would be great if you can tie your presentation in with ours, I'm sure ours won't take to long!

I'm not sure about fancy dress on this nite, well I won't be in it, and no funny comments please lol ;D

Roxy
11-10-10, 04:27 PM
I'm in for the meeting!

Roxy

Bornagain
11-10-10, 04:41 PM
There does seem to be a lack of interest in the Halloween thing...... i put that down to the fact that most of us actually look like we're in Halloween costums the other 363 days a year anyway :D so i'm thinking of maybe axing it for this year so we can concentrate on the 'Meeting'.......It would also be rather odd to sit there listening about Serv's blood-carrying work whilst covered in the stuff ourselves ;D
This is gonna be a good night...looking forward to it [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

KP
11-10-10, 05:16 PM
I agree basil, perhaps we could have a theme fancy dress party some other time, that would be a good laff . ;D ;D

virginie_morisot
11-10-10, 05:23 PM
sounds good [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Bornagain
11-10-10, 05:28 PM
I agree basil, perhaps we could have a theme fancy dress party some other time, that would be a good laff . ;D ;D

Only if i can dress you :o :o

Geordie Stu
11-10-10, 06:00 PM
Fancy dress, Whooo yeah. Any excuse to dress up as a Monster ;D ;D ;D ;D

Uber Dave
11-10-10, 07:24 PM
Fancy dress, Whooo yeah. Any excuse to dress up as a Monster ;D ;D ;D ;D

You dont need to dress up mate, you are ugly enough as it is ;-)

Honda_Star
11-10-10, 07:32 PM

yep it was only suggestion, maybe next year. 8-)

virginie_morisot
11-10-10, 07:44 PM
geat idea it was too, i'm sure we don't have to wait that long for a party.. :D

Morticia
12-10-10, 05:07 PM
Hi Guys,

Would you be interested in a SERV Wiltshire presentation to your members once you've finished the rest of your meeting?

We try to get around all the bike groups so we get as much coverage as possible, and I'm sure your riders would be interested to hear about what we do, and hopefully some may like to help out?

We can tailor a presentation to be as long or short as you require, please let me know if this is something you would be interested in.

Many thanks,

Kiel
County Coordinator
SERV Wiltshire
07005 938 272
wiltshire@serv.org.uk

SERV - It's what we do.

I'm coming to the opening in Salisbury on Thursday, if you like, you could pass me some leaflets or anything and I can pass it along. I am hoping to start volunteering with you as soon as possible, hope I live in the right area!

Morticia
12-10-10, 05:08 PM
I'm off that friday, will try to make it.

smellygerm
12-10-10, 05:11 PM

yep it was only suggestion, maybe next year. 8-)

we have a party on Saturday 30th and your more than welcome to come in fancy dress ( disco and karaoke )
[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

SERV_Wiltshire
12-10-10, 05:55 PM
[quote author=Morticia link=1286737171/15#19 date=1286899662
I'm coming to the opening in Salisbury on Thursday, if you like, you could pass me some leaflets or anything and I can pass it along. I am hoping to start volunteering with you as soon as possible, hope I live in the right area!
[/quote]

Yes I'll bring a load of our leaflets along so you can take some away, just remind me on the night when you see me as I may well forget! If you e-mail me your postcode, I'll let you know if you're in the right area if you like?

Thanks

Morticia
12-10-10, 05:58 PM
You have a PM!

Dabz
12-10-10, 06:01 PM
I was only planning on growing my beard like Basil's and going as him anyway :P

Nelly
12-10-10, 06:09 PM

Call that a beard?

Bornagain
12-10-10, 06:22 PM

Call that a beard?

Hold on.... I shave every morning ;D 10 minutes later the thing is back hanging off my chin!! It's like i've got Teen Wolf's head :D :D

Nelly
12-10-10, 07:08 PM
[quote author=Dabz link=1286737171/15#24 date=1286902862]I was only planning on growing my beard like Basil's and going as him anyway :P

Call that a beard?

Hold on.... I shave every morning ;D 10 minutes later the thing is back hanging off my chin!! It's like i've got Teen Wolf's head :D :D[/quote

sorry basil only Joking. I wasnt sure about your beard but i really like it noooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwww ;)

Roll_on
13-10-10, 11:23 PM
Question. Why the Polebarn when the Sally is out normal meeting place?

Jon_W
14-10-10, 08:14 AM
Question. Why the Polebarn when the Sally is out normal meeting place?

I suspect because there can be a bit of privacy at the Polebarn.....

Dabz
14-10-10, 09:34 AM
The polebarn was chosen because it's closed doors so WB members only, we can have it nice and quiet (apart form you lot!), and a big long table to sit around.

Don't worry, we haven't abandoned the sally! The Polebarn is just much more suitable for a sit-down meeting. The meets at the sally continue to be popular, and until further notice it's still the official WB HQ!

Dabz
15-10-10, 09:08 AM
Just FYI, I've deleted the recent posts re the Sally - this thread is concerning the WB AGM and meet venues IS on the agenda, so we shall save discussions until then.

ZZR600Dude
15-10-10, 11:06 AM
I am hoping to make it.
What time does everyone usually arrive and can you get a bite to eat there?

:)

Dabz
15-10-10, 11:11 AM
Starts from 7 mate, different food each week, all you can eat for £5 a head - can't go wrong!

ZZR600Dude
15-10-10, 05:05 PM
Starts from 7 mate, different food each week, all you can eat for £5 a head - can't go wrong!
Dont think I can eat a whole head, maybe just the ears.

BB
15-10-10, 07:30 PM
Aren't the ears are a bit chewy? :D

BB

Jacde
16-10-10, 03:23 PM
I've booked to leave work early that day so hope to be there too.

Snowy
18-10-10, 09:44 PM
I shall be in attendance. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Caz
20-10-10, 03:29 PM
I will be there [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Bonnielass
20-10-10, 04:18 PM
Me too as well!

6T
20-10-10, 06:00 PM
not working so hopefully make this [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Viking
20-10-10, 08:45 PM
Would like to attaend and put more faces to names, will let you know

Nick [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Scotty
20-10-10, 09:02 PM
Star and I will be there, booked in for the night yay! :) :) :) [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

redken1
21-10-10, 06:27 PM
Hope to make it - luv Tash's grub [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

ro
22-10-10, 11:09 PM
Looking forward to the food already ;D

Is there an agenda for the meeting?

Dabz
23-10-10, 10:57 AM
There is indeed..I need to finish it off tho, so will hope to post up by the end of the weekend :)

CharleyX
25-10-10, 09:17 AM
Hi I will be going but in the car if anyone would like a lift PM me and let me know. Happy to pick up swindon, chipp, melk way. :) see you all then.

Nokesy
25-10-10, 01:13 PM
Will be there too [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

bubblylittleme
25-10-10, 05:08 PM
I'll be there too... with a little one if thats ok

silly_simon
25-10-10, 05:24 PM
Sorry guys and girls I wont be able to attend as it stands at the moment as Its my daughters 16th birthday :(

If I get a pass then I will show my face [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

KP
26-10-10, 04:54 PM
sounds like were gonna have a good turn out for this meeting, im hoping the serve guys are still coming along to :) :) :) :) :)

HensonA
26-10-10, 05:38 PM
I will be along to meeting too.
Will be in car, so can give lift to anyone from Chippenham / Melksham areas
..Ade

SBQE2
26-10-10, 08:05 PM
Hope to make this [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Dabz
28-10-10, 10:51 AM
ok a rough agenda - subject to change before Fri night!

1. Christmas Party & Meal

2. Holidays 2011
Need venues, volunteers to arrange, dates

3. Weekly 'official meet'

4. Finance and plans

5. Official Ride outs & rules

6. Events 2011

We'll hopefully also be having a talk by the SERV blood runners, and some yummy food :)

PLEASE NOTE
This meeting IS NOT a chance for people to moan about or slag off past events, meets, members, etc. This is to look FORWARD not backward, and for us to start organising 2011 for you guys. We'll be asking for volunteers for organising some of the trips away and events, and for ideas for things we can do as a group for fun and to promote WB, raise money for charity etc etc. If all you want to do is moan about Finbar or the bloody hog roast then please don't come :)

Gerry
28-10-10, 02:37 PM
There will be an alternative meeting in the car park of the Polebarn on Friday night for those not of a cheery disposition.

Agenda

1, Long moan about the bloody hog roast.
2, Short moan about Finbar.
3, Discussion on the gunfight at the OK Corral (Warminster Services).
4, Review of all the crappy things that we didn’t like last year.
4, General moan about the weather.
5 Never-ending moan about bloody women (you ladies can moan about us men if you wish).
6, Slag off any members we don’t like (unless they’re present, in which case we’ll just chose somebody at random).
7, Try to look forward 2011 and higher taxes, more expensive petrol and old age etc.

If it’s cold and a bit rainy it will add to the overall pessimistic view of the world and be a great help.

Anybody seen smiling will be asked to leave and find shelter with them indoors ;D

Gerry :) Simpson

Nelly
28-10-10, 02:46 PM
There will be an alternative meeting in the car park of the Polebarn on Friday night for those not of a cheery disposition.

Agenda

5 Never-ending moan about bloody women (you ladies can moan about us men if you wish).
6, Slag off any members we don’t like (unless they’re present, in which case we’ll just chose somebody at random).
7, Try to look forward 2011 and higher taxes, more expensive petrol and old age etc.

If it’s cold and a bit rainy it will add to the overall pessimistic view of the world and be a great help.

Anybody seen smiling will be asked to leave and find shelter with them indoors ;D

;D ;D that just cheered me up. Sorry but now i will have to be indoors!

Mas1
28-10-10, 07:27 PM
Nice one Jerry that made me smile [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

redken1
28-10-10, 07:38 PM
Sorry Gerry but gonna do the happy meeting Tash's cooking wins everytime. ;D

Dabz will the Longleat photos be available to buy? Look forward to seeing you all

Dabz
28-10-10, 09:11 PM
Yup photos will be there :) and mugs!

DaytonaDog
28-10-10, 09:13 PM
I will be there along with Archie hound. I will be too busy snacking on Tash's fine cuisine to be able to have a moan. (Not that I have anything to moan about I hasten to add).

Green Man
28-10-10, 09:44 PM
Me and joe woof will be there Wooooooooooooooooofffffffffffffffffff [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Toph
28-10-10, 09:53 PM
Joe Woof and Archie Hound..... this could be the start of a beautiful friendship!! continued from a few weeks ago!! ;D

DaytonaDog
28-10-10, 10:02 PM
A friendship is all it will ever be due to the fact that Archie Hound is ahem, 'incomplete'.

Green Man
28-10-10, 10:05 PM
ahem, 'incomplete'. Ditto there will never be love in the air [smiley=tongue.gif] [smiley=tongue.gif]

Bornagain
28-10-10, 10:40 PM
ahem, 'incomplete'. Ditto there will never be love in the air [smiley=tongue.gif] [smiley=tongue.gif]

That explains Joe Woof's love affair with 'Stones' then!! Poor thing :o

Jon_W
29-10-10, 08:14 AM

Agenda

;D Might have to turn up for that!! ;D

Dabz
30-10-10, 07:13 PM
A big thanks to everyone who came last night, it was a great turnout and we managed to get some good decisions made with good strong votes. Minutes will be posted soon :)