PDA

View Full Version : Rozzers got Roxy!

Roxy
30-10-10, 07:57 PM
BOO HISS

Got a ticket today from the very popular PC Williamson.

In Trowbridge..nearly made it to Beamers Cafe and Roxy got the blues and twos from the rozzers!! ;D ;D ;D

Pulled me in, asked if it was my bike!!! ;D then told me I had tweaked it past him over the speed limit (talking bollox cos I didn't!) between the two RoB at the bottom of Frome Rd. Then proceeded to get his 5" tool out and tell me I was 5mm too small on my plate!!! WTF!!!!

£60 fine and he even had the nerve to try and chat to me about biking...'nice to see a female rider' 'ever tried an R1?' 'the misses didn't get on with the R6' and 'I'm off to Le Mans for the moto gp next year' guess what 'mate' I'm not your 'mate'...thanks for the ticket!

ROXY GOT RUMBLED BY A ROZZER!!!!!!!!! LMAO ;D ;D ;D

Please don't turn this thread into a hate campaign for all Police, I know some very nice ones! ;)

BB
30-10-10, 08:07 PM
Bad luck Kirsty. Presume that's just a fine & no points?

You will have to talk to close to be about collecting points... ;D

BB

Roxy
30-10-10, 08:17 PM
BB

Yes just a £60 fine..no points.

Roxy [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Green Man
30-10-10, 08:20 PM
Roxy threes no way you can get over 30mph on that Stretch of road on a Saturday I should know !!!!!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

JAYJAY
30-10-10, 09:20 PM
Can't somebody complain about our over zealous wannabe biker PC Williamson!! He is hardly condusive to good public feeling. >:(

Bad luck Roxy :(

Scotty
30-10-10, 09:33 PM
You got tugged purely for a small plate and relieved of 60 quid???

What a tosser... >:( >:( >:(

Nelly
30-10-10, 10:19 PM
I think the guy gets bored easily. :(

Roll_on
30-10-10, 10:38 PM
I think the guy gets bored easily. :(

Wouldn't you if you had a 5'' tool.

Dex
30-10-10, 10:40 PM
Are you absolutely sure he was right about the size of your plate?

ro
30-10-10, 11:57 PM
Which measurement did it fail on? The rules (http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/PersonalisedRegAndNumberPlates/DG_181503) are:

Motorcycle number plates should have a:
* character height - 64 millimetres
* character width - 44 millimetres (except the figure 1 or letter I)
* character stroke - 10 millimetres
* space between characters - 10 millimetres
* space between groups - 30 millimetres
* top, bottom and side margins - 11 millimetres (minimum)
* vertical space between groups - 13 millimetres

Roxy
31-10-10, 12:10 AM
Apparently the letters/numbers were 5mm too small!!!! ;D hardly life threatening and feck knows how he spotted that 5mm from his car!!!

Arse!! ::)

roxy :D

JAYJAY
31-10-10, 01:00 AM
That's interesting Robin - I think I understand all that - except - what is character stroke? :o

hotdog
31-10-10, 01:27 AM
I think in this context they mean the thickness of the line used to 'paint' the character. 10mm for bikes, 14mm for cars.

Mitch9128
31-10-10, 07:44 AM
£60? I thought it was £30 for a small plate? ACPO guidelines state that if the plate is legible from 20.5 metres away then it's fine, i wouldn't take this on the chin, especially from this tool.

Ducatista
31-10-10, 08:29 AM
I will ask a rozzer about why they are so keen on this.
I have a vague feeling that it may be comething to do with ANPR systems.

Flying Half-Dutchman
31-10-10, 09:10 AM
I got pulled for a small plate years ago along the A419. Just got a warning for it & had to produce my documents. Obviously wasn't this sweet PC. Oh, and it was a properly small plate!

silly_simon
31-10-10, 12:17 PM
Unlucky Kirsty :( You would think he had something better to do wouldn't ya >:( >:(

Dex
31-10-10, 07:17 PM
I take it you've measured the letters on your plate and are happy he was right? If not then there's no way you should pay up. That's a years tax!

SBQE2
31-10-10, 07:48 PM
I am no expert on the law by any means but one way that you may be able to contest this is to ask how he is certain that the number plate did not comply with the statutory requirements. Presumably he used some sort of ruler or template and if so then I assume he would need to have a calibration certificate to confirm the accuracy of the ruler/tool as a measuring device. It might be worth asking the question on the off chance that a certificate could not be found in which case that might invalidate the case. Bearing in mind you say that it was only a 5mm difference it might work [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Steve

Green Man
31-10-10, 08:08 PM
Yes Steve is on the ball, he will need to show a certificate of calibration I now its only a ruler but he needs a certificate ask before you pay good luck [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Ps if they say they wont to measure it again tell them you’ve binned it [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jon_W
01-11-10, 07:55 AM
That sort of pettyness is what gives the majority of coppers a bad rep!

I cannot see that the letters being 5mm too small is the most dangerous defect on the roads at that moment!

£60?? I thought it was £30???

Roxy
01-11-10, 08:42 AM
well my lovely blue ticket from PC Williamson defo says £60 >:(

and he also said that if I get caught 3 times with the 'illegal' plate on the bike, the DVLA take your plate/reg, deregister your bike and you have to pay £300 to get it registered again!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF is that all about....

....and all for a poxy 5mm ;D...not like I have a tiny 2"x7" plate that you can't read >:( I think he is just one of those people who enjoy pissing bikers off...not what I would call a fellow biker >:(

anyway I have 28 days to pay my fine so I think I will wait until the 28th day ;D ;D

Wiltshire people watch out for our lovely friendly Traffic plod.

Roxy [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Kevinb
01-11-10, 08:50 AM
Saw a biker get pulled in Melksham Saturday on the bit of dual carriageway. Plain silver BMW estate. Luckily for me I had just dropped out of warp factor speed ;) coming off of the Semington bypass and then took it a bit easier on the way back through Melksham from Chippenham.

Kevinb
01-11-10, 08:54 AM
What does he look like because I have been pulled twice coming out of the Black Horse in a car. Once by a copper who drinks in there. I only ever have two pints of IPA and then coke so have never even been close to the limit and wouldn't feel right/in control driving/riding if I had more.

Nelly
01-11-10, 12:16 PM
melksham/Trow is definetely this guys patch. It's where he got me last year, so take care folks

Roxy
01-11-10, 04:05 PM
about 5'10" approx
caucasian
brown hair and beard
didn't look that close to get eye colour
quite stocky
thinks he's a biker! ;D

oh and a big unmarked silver BMW with some lovely flashing blue lights in the grid and the top of the windscreen! (being a girl I think it was a 5 series but don't hold me to it! :-/)

wiltshire builders
01-11-10, 04:57 PM
Pretty sure it's a 57 plate 3 series he's in. Someone posted a pic of him on here a few weeks ago.

wiltshire builders
01-11-10, 05:04 PM
http://www.wiltshire.police.uk/pressimg/albums/userpics/10002/normal_IMAG0014.jpg

Is that the Fu..... bloke?

ZZR600Dude
01-11-10, 05:16 PM
maybe he would have let you off if you had been wearing your hi-viz

8-)

Dabz
01-11-10, 06:23 PM
Lol!

BB
01-11-10, 06:45 PM
;D ;D

Roxy
01-11-10, 08:08 PM
;D ;D

I would have been done not only for the number plate but looking like a muppet too!!!

;D ;D

Snowy
01-11-10, 08:53 PM
;D ;D

I would have been done not only for the number plate but looking like a muppet too!!!

;D ;D

You might have been a £60 better off muppet tho :D :D ;D

Dabz
01-11-10, 09:37 PM
;D ;D

;D ;D

don't need a hi vis for that :D ;D ;) :P [smiley=happy.gif] :-*

kawasakiz
02-11-10, 06:36 AM
About a month ago on the M4 to Bristol saw a silver 10 plate BMW pull some guy over...I always watch out for beemers, I will be looking out even more now. Bad luck on getting done for something so petty.