PDA

View Full Version : dropped it

SHREKUSVFR
03-11-10, 12:30 AM
i dropped my vfr400 saturday night in the fuel station. :( it has aftermarket fairings at the moment in movistar colours they weren't in the best condition anyway so im thinking of replacing them all for a total different colour scheme. (repsol colours)
I found fairing kits on the net whitch look ok in the pictures but just wondered if anyones has any feed back on these as there obviously not genuine.??

smellygerm
03-11-10, 12:37 AM
nooooooooooooooooooooo! :'( never mind mate it can always be fixed

SHREKUSVFR
03-11-10, 12:41 AM
yea it needs a clutch lever as the ball snapped off obviously the fairing its scratched the exhuast but im gunna try an buff that out as i have also seen alot of carbon fibre bits i like the looks of so well the g/f is gunna let me spend money on it i best make the most of it lol ;)

BB
03-11-10, 08:52 AM
Bad luck :'(

BB

Beamer
03-11-10, 08:56 AM
AWWW bad luck shrek....if it makes you feel any better...Ive dropped mine 6 times now and I still keep going hehe.....had to get a new clutch lever too....but snapped the little knobby bit off the new one too....so now i just carry on with it.....doesnt notice much.....hehe.....easy done (very easy in my case hehe)
Keep smiling ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I do hehe ;D ;D ;D ;D

jonnydangerous
03-11-10, 09:01 AM
ive used aftermarket kits before, theyre ok now, some used to be not so good years ago, but theyve all cleaned their act up now.....

why not see if the company will cut you one sticker from a set, this will let you know how helpful they are, and would be able to provide replacement single stickers if you dropped it after the spray job....

Blackandchrome
03-11-10, 09:14 AM
Bad luck Shrek.
Know a chap who rides a VFR400; he has just resprayed his fairings a Ducati Red! The decals were the hardest job,he reckons.
There is a comment for Beamer too!
Them "knobby bits" on the end of the brake and clutch lever are there to protect your body from being punctured in the unfortunate event of a spill. ::)
There are levers that "fold"; probably more expensive but possibly worth looking into?

Beamer
03-11-10, 10:14 AM
hehe....cheers for that tractordriver hehe.....and there was me thinking they were just there to look pretty.....women eh?? hehehehe

;D [smiley=thumbsup.gif] ;D [smiley=thumbsup.gif] ;D

ZZR600Dude
03-11-10, 06:35 PM
i dropped my vfr400 saturday night in the fuel station. :( it has aftermarket fairings at the moment in movistar colours they weren't in the best condition anyway so im thinking of replacing them all for a total different colour scheme. (repsol colours)
I found fairing kits on the net whitch look ok in the pictures but just wondered if anyones has any feed back on these as there obviously not genuine.??
How did you drop it?
Was it spilt fuel on the floor?
:(

SHREKUSVFR
03-11-10, 09:38 PM
no it was my own stupid mistake i went to lean it on the stand to get off this would be the same stand that i forgot to put down and it just went before i could catch it :( not my cleverest moment :'( thanks for all yur help though guys not in any rush to do it as its still ridable an christmas is cumin an so is the bad weather.

Toph
03-11-10, 10:09 PM
Just a footnote... If anyone breaks their Knobbly bits off their levers, I can easily repair them by welding a new knobbly bit on.. or even better, if you still have the two pieces of the broken lever, makes the job really easy!! Wb rates apply!! ;D
any other damage from droppages.. footrests, ali crankcases, anything weldable, ali ,mild steel or stainless let me know.. I don't charge much, just like helping out fellow WBers!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Beamer
03-11-10, 10:25 PM
Wow, Toph, I just may have to pay you a little visit for a new knobbly bit if you're free sometime my lovely ??......Im sure i dont have the bit that dropped off though.....does that matter??.......I shall have a little search though but as I cant remember at which 'drop' it came off at Im not sure where to look hehe xx ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Toph
03-11-10, 10:32 PM
It will be a pleasure Tina!! just let me have the lever,(kev will take it off for you I'm sure!!!) and I'll repair it for you ,It will be my birthday present to you!! x :)
Doesn't matter if you can't find the missing bit, I can still repair it!

rich1988
04-11-10, 12:54 AM
horrible feeling when the bike goes down! still if they werent that great before nows the time to get the bike looking lovely ;) some nice cheap kits out there for the nc30, full fairing kits for aroung £350 last time I Was looking

BB
04-11-10, 02:30 PM
Good to hear thet Toph can weld anyone's knobbly bits back on if they fall off [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Especially as it's getting colder now... :o

BB

CharleyX
04-11-10, 03:06 PM
Great to know Toph!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

ZZR600Dude
04-11-10, 05:12 PM
How many others have dropped their bike at some stage?
I dropped mine after just 3 miles from new. Went to do a U turn on my mates gravel drive way, didnt quite make the turn, hit the front brake and it went off balance. Thus down it went, pretty stupid. I also found out how heavy a bike is when I tried lifting it!

:)

RichTT
04-11-10, 06:44 PM
How many others have dropped their bike at some stage?
I dropped mine the other day - trying to ride off with the disk lock still attached! :( Luckily my knobbly bits didn't snap off! :D

SHREKUSVFR
05-11-10, 12:46 AM
have found some really nice kits for it on ebay just waiting for some funds to clear now then i can spend some ;D i would have had my knobbly repaired but have already ordered some nice lookin carbon fibre style levers but will bear you in mind when i break another mr toph thanks all the same ;). My mind is still on the repsol colours but found a race fairing kit that comes in white and also some relentless graphics set which would work out cheap but not sure how it would look but only time will tell. onwards and upwards [smiley=thumbsup.gif]