PDA

View Full Version : SERV Wiltshire

SERV_Wiltshire
30-10-10, 07:37 PM
Hi Guys

Just to let you know that any future posts by SERV Wiltshire on the WB forum will be from me (Freddie)

Any questions/queries please let me know [smiley=thumbsup.gif] :)

Cheers
Freddie 8-)

Dabz
30-10-10, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the presentation last night guys, very interesting! WB will be doing some fundraising for serv soon :)

Green Man
30-10-10, 07:43 PM
very interesting guys and thank you [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB
30-10-10, 08:11 PM
Was interesting. Keep up the good work guys! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

Roxy
30-10-10, 08:18 PM
Enjoyed the presenation last night...cheers guys

See you soon

Roxy [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Caz
30-10-10, 09:30 PM
Thank you for the talk found it really interesting and very good of you to give up your time [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Dex
30-10-10, 10:42 PM
Didn't go to the presentation as I'm out of the country for the next four months.

But I'm interested to see what, if anything, I can do when I'm back.

I read that it's all based around Salisbury hospital - do you have any requirements for people near Swindon? Obviously we've got GWH here, as well as Oxford just up the road - so don't know if I'm in a good area or bad for you?

SERV_Wiltshire
30-10-10, 10:56 PM
Hi Dex,
Thanks for you're interest in the Blood bikes. We are running between Salisbury and Southampton at the moment and will be Blood running to Bristol soon. At the moment I would recomend speaking to Severn freewheelers who actually Blood run from Swindon. I can put you in touch with someone from Severn if this helps. PM me for details. I would imagine they would require you to have the IAM/RoSPA advanced qualifiction.

Cheers
Freddie [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Ducatista
31-10-10, 08:21 AM
Most of the riders I know from Swindon join the Severn group here

http://www.severnfreewheelers.co.uk/

You do need an advanced qualification. IAM or ROSPA are the normal ones but things like Diamond or BMF blue ribband would probably be ok (check before you pay for a course though).
There are normally some stipulations on age (insurance) and the number of points you can have.
Serven Freewheelers also have a Deauville which may be of interest to some of the smaller riders.

There are 3 groups in our area which are
to the north
http://www.severnfreewheelers.co.uk/areas.htm
to the west
http://www.freewheelers.org.uk/index.php/about-us/coverage-area
and SERV to the South

Bear in mind you also need somewhere safe to store the bike and be prepared to ride in all (safe) weathers.

Don't forget that you can also volunteer as a controller or a fundraiser.

Morticia
31-10-10, 01:28 PM
Ahh, Ducatista, my little star, cheers!

Dex
31-10-10, 07:05 PM
I'll get in touch with them - thanks for the link :) (age and stuff shouldn't be an issue as I'm 32, want to do my rospa anyway, currently down to 3 points I think and have somewhere safe to keep a bike cuddled up with the fleet in the carpeted garage!)

Cheers.

SBQE2
31-10-10, 07:51 PM
Thanks for the presentation, it was very interesting [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

SERV_Wiltshire
31-10-10, 09:13 PM
Thankyou everyone for the feed back about the Presentation, [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Talk about being nervous, I had never done anything like that before. :o :o

Thanks again
Freddie

CharleyX
31-10-10, 10:12 PM
[smiley=thumbsup.gif]You did well Freddie, inspire me to do Rospa ASAP
Irene :)

SERV_Wiltshire
31-10-10, 10:24 PM
[smiley=thumbsup.gif]You did well Freddie, inspire me to do Rospa ASAP
Irene :)

Fantastic!.. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Beamer
01-11-10, 06:57 AM
Freddie you did brilliantly considering it was your first time......well done....very interesting stuff. You could do presentations at schools and uni's etc....get them doing fund-raising etc for the cause. Well done anyway [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Mas1
01-11-10, 12:48 PM
Thanks Freddie i found your presentaion very interesting [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

SERV_Wiltshire
01-11-10, 06:26 PM
Freddie you did brilliantly considering it was your first time......well done....very interesting stuff. You could do presentations at schools and uni's etc....get them doing fund-raising etc for the cause. Well done anyway [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Thanks Tina, great idea! well worth considering.. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Ducatista
01-11-10, 07:49 PM
Great stuff Freddie.
Not only have you inspired people to help out with the blood bike, but it also looks like a few people will get going on their ROSPA/IAM as well.

SERV_Wiltshire
01-11-10, 09:29 PM
Great stuff Freddie.
Not only have you inspired people to help out with the blood bike, but it also looks like a few people will get going on their ROSPA/IAM as well.

What can I say, WB's has been fantastic. The more advanced riders, the more they're is to help SERV.... Brill [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Ducatista
05-11-10, 09:51 AM
If anyone picked up a green IAM form on Friday night then please note that IAM currently have an Xmas offer on Skills for Life of £125 which is a 10% discount

http://www.iam.org.uk/christmas_gift_tokens/skill_for_life_riders_programme_gift_token/flypage.tpl.html

I joined in April and ended up doing my test in December when the start temperature was -2 degrees C. I had ice on the inside of my Visor.
Lurkalot also started in April and his first test was cancelled due to snow.
So if you are considering putting this off to start in the spring then bear in mind that you'll probably be looking at doing your test in the depths of winter.