PDA

View Full Version : riders of brislington

zachl
24-10-10, 03:17 PM
hello all,

have just applied and got a job in the parts and accessories bit of riders in bristol. i have to work my 4 weeks notice here at virgin so will start some time next month.

they seem a pretty good company,

anybody got any thoughts or opinions on them?

Lexx0r
24-10-10, 03:41 PM
Not a fan - didnt like the staff when I went there. Told me "you have no idea how to ride - sports biker" then the Ducati team said "any ducati is too powerful for anyone under the age of 30" - I laughed at both and just walked out.

Apart from that, its a nice dealership - Ducati sector is nice but the parts and accessories is the awesome part - very nice section - sadly slightly over priced but good choice!

Thorkill_The_Tall
24-10-10, 04:28 PM
Their breakfast baps and curly fries are quite nice......

BB
24-10-10, 05:04 PM
I got my Ducati from there and I've never had a problem with them. Friendly bunch and the staff can see me - apparently my invisibility cloak only works at another large dealership in Bristol and one in Swindon. ;)

Cafe is good too.

BB

Ducatista
24-10-10, 06:48 PM
anybody got any thoughts or opinions on them?

I've not had good experiences there to be honest.

I bought my bike from Ducati coventry as I found deals £600-£700 cheaper than Riders and Riders did not want to negotiate with me - their loss.

They also wanted me to have a new wheel for £700 when I got it straightened for £80.
They refused to test ride it and made me sign paperword to say it was dangerous.

The new wheel was initally delayed over 10 days. Their response "Not our fault it's Ducati's fault".
When I asked them why they straighten their own track bike wheels but it's not safe to straighten mine they said "we are the service dept, we don't know anything about the race dept".
When I asked for my missing tool kit they said "Oh yes, we have a rather grubby looking one here, that must be yours".

No accountability, poor service, rude, tried to rip me off etc. etc.

But hey, that doesn't affect what they are like as an employer.

I would direct any Ducati owners to Louigi Moto without a moments hesitation.

pilninggas
24-10-10, 06:53 PM
i teach at the school by riders - bec. We sometimes go in there at lunchtime, as the food is great - if a little expensive (the bikes aren't the cheapest either!).

silly_simon
24-10-10, 07:02 PM
Have no idea what they are like at Bristol but if they are anything the same as Bridgewater the staff there have their heads so far up their own backsides I'm suprised they can breathe >:( >:(

Ivisible coat is not the word down there :o

zachl
24-10-10, 07:12 PM
Lol it's going to be good then haha, I have noticed it is really expensive but I guess that have enough customers willing to pay it.

Hopefully people won't think I'm rude, I'm nice :)

Lexx0r
24-10-10, 07:26 PM
Lol it's going to be good then haha, I have noticed it is really expensive but I guess that have enough customers willing to pay it.

Hopefully people won't think I'm rude, I'm nice :)
Yeah show your personality and people will like you man!
Probably a really nice employer - just have had some failed experiences with them. Could have been old staff -havent been back yet!

crewy
24-10-10, 08:03 PM
Sales staff are a bit slow to come over and find you, but cant fault the part department at all, great service from them, one parts guy even emailed me some of the ducati parts manual to see what parts made up the rear swing arm hub, and i didn't even ask him to do that. Food is good as mentioned, so my view is overall it's pretty good

Jon_W
25-10-10, 08:04 AM
Never had a problem with Riders of Bristol. Looked at a Ducatti a while back and they were very helpful.

ktm_man
26-10-10, 06:58 AM
I've been in there on a few occasions when looking for a bike, sales people swooned over me when it was both quiet and busy.. Helpful but slightly pushy which essentially put me off, along with their higher than average prices. Still thats not going to help you work out what its like to work there eh !

Kevinb
26-10-10, 09:01 AM
Not too bad. Shame they don't open Sunday's. Strange to see they've combined a Ducati with a tractor dealership. ;)

zachl
29-10-10, 09:59 PM
FU*KING RIDERS!!! GRRRRRRR!

sorry thought i would share my experience with you.

i went in for an 'informal chat' after the manger (duncan) reading my c.v. at this time he asked what wage i was on now, i said £16500 which is correct and informed him that due to travel etc it couldnt be any less than this. his said this wont be a problem and that i'll easily be on more money. the 'informal chat' went really well and he said he would have to call the owner to see if he wants to meet me first but will take it from there.

so i get a call from him under 24 hours later offering me the job, saying i can go ahead and hand in my notice and he'll get my 'offer letter' written up, i asked what the wage would be, he said at least 18k with the potential to take home low 20's, i thought great. went in on wednesday to collect my letter which stated i would be on £7.50 an hour on a 40 hour week, ummm excuse me??? that makes 15.5k?

i then get about 20 mins of his sales spiel explaining that 'the moneys there if im willing to earn it. nobody here has their hour lunch break so that ..... extra a month and you can do all the overtime you want,

so basically you want me to earn £7.50 an hour instead of the £8.50 an hour on now, with all the extra travel, with no lunch break and do loads of overtime to make up the difference.

i am still absolutely fuming and massively depressed, luckily being a top performer :P for sales in virgin they let me withdraw my notice. but i cannot explain my anger, and im sure i have missed some stuff out

what do you guys think?

p.s can someone give me a new job please :) im 21 with a good history of sales and customer service based crap :)

BigPossum
04-11-10, 04:02 PM
I'd be gutted. :'(That's terrible. : >:(

Just as well Virgin were understanding...

Put it down to experience and next time, don't hand notice in before receiving job offer in writing..

Shame too - being around all those Ducati's all day would be sublime...

Better luck next time mate.

Ducatista
04-11-10, 04:37 PM
Sorry you had a bad experinece, but to be honest given the way they've treated you then I think you should regard it as a lucky escape.

Don't hand in your notice without everything you want in writing.

benobiker
04-11-10, 05:02 PM
That guy sounds like a knob! You are well off out of it. Cant have been nice!

zachl
09-11-10, 11:03 AM
was a propper let down, i certainly wont be back, and yeh like you said, a lucky escape!!