PDA

View Full Version : The Stupidest Thing You've Done on a Bike Thread.

Mark_Able
08-10-10, 09:09 PM
Right, I'll start it off with my first ever 'off'.

1981, Yamaha FS1E, two up across my old school playground, hitting a grass mound with the intention of clearing the sand pit the other side. It didn't work... ::)

smellygerm
08-10-10, 09:18 PM
front break on turning in to a street redlining it and running with the bike ,luckily managed to hold on and pull the clutch in but still looked like a twat :-[

Iceman
08-10-10, 09:38 PM

redken1
08-10-10, 11:40 PM
Back in 1977 I lived in a Small village in Essex and I really had the hots for this young 16 year old girl. Off the main drag there was a residential street where all the youth of the day used to hang out. This particular evening I rode my just polished 185GT Suzuki up the main drag passing the said street corner hoping to catch a glimpse of, you guessed it, Julie. Along with a crowd, she was there. With my heart racing with passion it was time to implement my plan to woo my prospective new date. Adrenlin pumping, I turned the bike around and procceeded back down the main drag and attempted to negotiate the junction at 40 mph. Needless to say I did'nt make it and bike and I ended up in a resident's hedge opposite the laughing crowd. My plan was a part success as she ended up with wet knickers - unfortunately, not due to the exitement of seeing me, but from pissing herself laughing. Went out and got drunk with my mates that night.

Nelly
09-10-10, 09:31 AM
Back in um....god knows when, thought i could master a Honda C90. so in front of all my mates a proceeded to show them a thing or two. This culminated in me hitting a small 6in high wall. Wouldn't have been so bad but there was a 6ft drop over the other side. Headfirst over the wall, no helmet, handlebars meet face. Woke up sometime later with a headache, a broken watch and lots of faces laughing at me ::)

BladeTriple
09-10-10, 07:03 PM
Cold tyres, wet road in Germany thinking yeah I can get my knee down on this one threw it in slid down the road on my arse trapped under my CBR6 then followed it up the kerb on its left hand side and took both cheeks out as well as my clutch cover :-( needless to say I never tried that again

To add insult to injury I had my ex behind me calling me all the profanities in the book , yeah thanks bruised arse cheeks are enough without the torrent of abuse .... ah such fond memories of that arsehole ;D

Richzx10r
10-10-10, 01:28 PM
Couple of years ago in lynham on my way to the lysley monday night meet a car pulled out in front of me opposite the texaco garage.He(an 18 year old)was looking left and turned right.Managed to kill most of my speed but still hit him at 10mph.Fractured knee and torn quad.O and an sp2(my dream bike) written off.

Mark_Able
10-10-10, 03:06 PM
Stupid story No.2.

Again, it's the old DT175, this time versus a girl on a GSX250. Got into a bit of a race. She did some dodgy overtakes, mainly due to not knocking down gears before hand. One local bridge, well known to locals, single file traffic, traffic light controlled. Came round the corner to find a green light, went for the over take on said girl, and a box van at the same time. Doing the bridge at 30mph would get you airbourne, and I was doing about 40! Whilst mid air on the outside of the van, realised there was a car doing a right turn immediately over the bridge. Oh cock! The only solution was to turn right with the car, sort of cutting the corner. Stop just up road, take helmet off, have a fag, ask what the f**k I'm doing. As I said, my riding has improved since then... :)

BB
10-10-10, 03:41 PM
There we were, out in deepest ex East Germany – the Wall had been down about a year or so – only doing about 25 mph in the cold wet rain (July I think) and I was trailing along behind my late husband in the gloom on those lovely setts they used as road surfaces. He’s on a Constellation, I’m on a T100. I’m thinking ‘I’m cold, I’m wet, I’m fed up and want to stop’ He’s thinking ‘I bet she is cold, wet, fed up and wants to stop’, so he suddenly pulls over on a forecourt and I suddenly grab the front brake then think ‘Sh*t’ … :o

Well those of us of a certain age know how grabby Triumph twin leading shoe’s can be, couple that with nice wet setts as a road surface and down I went.

It’s surprising how well you can adapt to riding with your hands and feet at different heights because the bars and the foot peg is bent and you are some considerable distance from home! :D

BB

Mark_Able
10-10-10, 05:30 PM
Story No.3.

The first points I received on my licence. Pull out my girlfiends house on the DT again, straight up to 45 clicks in a 30 limit (copper following, but didn't notice), across one mini roundabout up to 50 clicks. Further along over take a car that is over taking a parked car, then straight across the middle of another mini roundabout (raised) thereby leaping it! Blue lights come on. Tries to nick me for 65 in a 30. I say it can't do that (it could, and then some). Puts me down for 50-55. 3 points. Bugger! :-/

Mark_Able
11-10-10, 09:52 PM
Story No.4

Same hump-back bridge. Everyone knows you get airbourne at anything over 30mph. On this one particular day, I manage to catch the lights on green, hit the bridge at 45, and as I'm cresting the bridge to take off, realise there's a copper sat on his bike at the lights the other side. 30mph would get you 2 - 3 foot of clear air under your tyres, so you can imagine what 45 would do. There's nothing I can do, I'm committed. All I can see as I try to land the bike discretely and pretend it didn't happen, is this copper absolutely p*ssing himself. I think it was the fact he was so busy laughing that he didn't bother to pull me... ;D

Green Man
11-10-10, 10:08 PM
1983 going over to Bradford on avon on my DT175 MX in red . I pulled a wheelie over the beehive bridge and as I went over the plod were coming over the bridge I thought o f--k so I new he had to turn around to come after me so as I landed I stopped and pulled the clutch cable out and said as I changed gear the cable broke yea ha the twat believed me no points no fine ;D ;D

bobf279
11-10-10, 10:23 PM
Stopped at McD's in Frome, cars doing all sorts of weird things parking so I stop. Van driver signals me to go first, hadn't selected 1st when I stopped and on a slight turning up slope stalled and dropped off sideways :-[ Rob helped pick me up and other concerned citizens asked HIM if the old fella was ok as if I was a bloody aged invalid :P

So that is how I joined the SAD Club (Stopped And Dropped)

Roxy
11-10-10, 10:25 PM
1983 going over to Bradford on avon on my DT175 MX in red . I pulled a wheelie over the beehive bridge and as I went over the plod were coming over the bridge I thought o f--k so I new he had to turn around to come after me so as I landed I stopped and pulled the clutch cable out and said as I changed gear the cable broke yea ha the twat believed me no points no fine ;D ;D

Colin - thats pretty good thinking buddy...well done!!! ;D ;D

Scotty
12-10-10, 12:42 AM
Bit of a long one this, bear with me....

Back in 1984, first year at Northants Agricultural College, myself, girlfriend and mate Jim decided to go stay with gf's parents in Exmouth over the Easter weekend, and take in Stonehenge on the way, maybe photograph it at dawn (having never seen it at the time). Early Saturday morning we head out down the A43 (back in the days when it was single carriageway most of the way to Oxford), me on my Z1000J and Jim and Ali in his Dutton Phaeton kit car. We were making progress along the deserted road in the pre-dawn darkness, and after Towcester I noticed some lights in my mirrors, gaining a little on the straights, dropping back on the bends. Getting into Brackley I looked over my shoulder to see what the car was - Arse! a cop car :( :( I flashed my headlight at Jim to warn him and the cop put his blues on and passed me down the high street, but Jim wasn't stopping, getting out of the town he floored it and shot off up the hill with the old bill on his tail (in a 2 litre mk.V Cortina IRV) I wondered what was happening as I followed them and then spotted a side turning to the left, entrance & gate house to some large country house, so I pulled in, parked the bike up and walked down the field following the roadside hedge. I could make out two cars parked in a layby and hear voices so I walked back to the bike and waited, concealed from view. The copper came back up the road, having finished with Jim, and paused to look down where I was, and then drove off. I waited a minute and then rode down to Jim in the layby. "He's looking for you" he told me so, having seen American films I figured that crossing the county line into Oxfordshire would get me out of his jurisdiction (not so as I'm sure Deputy Dawg could confirm, a copper in England has full police powers throughout England and Wales) so I headed off across the boundary and waited at the old filling station at Baynards Green (last roundabout before J10 of the M40 now) and waited on the deserted forecourt. After a minute or two I heard a car approaching and Jim's Dutton appeared, with said copper right on his tail. The copper eyeballed me and stopped right on the roundabout... Bollocks! Fight or flight? Common sense left me and I fired up the Zed, rode the wrong way round the roundabout and pinned it towards Oxford, flying past Jim's car at over 120mph, the ol' Zed a-buckin' and a-weavin (like they did ::)) and then a rational thought intruded... "I'm now a fugitive (how very Smokey and the Bandit eh?) and he's got a radio... turn off the main road" so I killed the bike's lights and turned off into Ardley, riding through the village using the headlight flasher - not the wisest move as a 90 degree left hander appeared out of the dark quicker than I'd have liked and I failed to negotiate it, dropping the Zed on the offside grass verge, breaking an indicator and slightly bending the bars. I picked her up and continued on my way without a clue as to my exact whereabouts, heading for Swindon by the other roads, keeping the rising sun over my left shoulder and didn't do too badly - Northampton to Swindon via A43 & A420 is about 75 miles, my trip meter showed 78 when I got there :) Being a fugitive I foresook the Henge and headed down across country, picking up the A303 and finishing with a great blast over Woodbury Common to arrive at Ali's parents' by 0800 on a beautiful sunny morning 8-).
Jim and Ali turned up around 1030 and he wasn't a happy bunny - the copper had radioed ahead and two Happy Valley cars had blocked the road, and as I'd eluded them they gave him the Spanish Inquisition instead "has he nicked it, why did he leg it?" etc and gave his kit car a thorough going over (best avoided if possible) :-/ He told me that they knew my registration, who I was and where I lived and they'd be calling for a chat. As his car was so low, my headlight had been dazzling him in his mirror so he'd turned it up and hadn't seen me flashing him, nor the copper with his blues on when under the streetlights of Brackley...

I made up my story, it wasn't me, must have been someone else and was ready to give it a try when they came round. The PC dealing came to see me on the following Tuesday, sat on the sofa and got his paperwork out, made a couple of notes and said "Before you say anything, I saw your number at the filling station (a bluff, I don't think he could have from where he was), and I have two coppers from Oxford who'll stand up in court and testify that your girlfriend and mate confirmed that it was you on the bike doing a runner" (probably not a bluff, but he was experienced and knew all the tricks)... Bugger, time for plan B... nothing left to do but 'fess up so I admitted to it.
He said he'd only wanted to give me and Jim a breath test and tell us to keep the speeds down a bit, but now he was reporting me for speeding, failing to stop and ignoring a road sign (keep left arrow on roundabout), and it had the desired effect of deeply worrying me as I already had 6 points on my licence and needed it for my upcoming sandwich year placement for college. Deep buggeration, could require an expensive brief and lots of grovelling and contrition in front of the magistrates in order to keep my licence.
The Summons arrived a couple of agonising months later and imagine my relief to find they were only doing me for speeding - 3 points and a £40 fine. Moral of the story? Don't dick around with the old bill, they'll win! ;)

zachl
12-10-10, 03:56 PM
more inexperience then stupid.

was riding through westbury trading estate with a mate, maybe 4 weeks after passing my test. my mate in front me following, we pulled over to have a quick chat about something, then checked for cars and nailed it off,

car then went to pull out of a junction in front of my mate. but thought better of it, but then decided to pull out in front of me, but leave himself right across the road in both lanes, was probably doing about 60, panicked. grabbed the front brake which locked up the wheel, and sent me sliding and rolling down the road, car driver accepted no responsibilty and his answer to the poilce was 'i didnt pull out'

but after about 6 weeks my concussion was pretty much gone and the cbr 600 looked better than before

Jon_W
12-10-10, 04:07 PM
I think the most stupid thing I've ever done with a bike was whilst re-building the Honda. Was putting the head on to the engine, got distracted and didn't check that the guide tubes and seals were there..... wondered why it pi55ed oil out of the cylinder head when I ran it! Found the guides still in the cylinder head parts box and the question was answered.... 4 hours later + a new head gasket I'd rectified my stupidity, and It stopped leaking!!!

:P

zachl
12-10-10, 04:20 PM
haha actually you have just reminded me of something very stupid lol

after the accident me and my mate were stripping the bike down to be sent off to the sprayer. i then decided i had might as well refurb the wheels. we put the bike up on the centre stand, took off the rear wheel. then started on the front, we needed to get a bit of leverage to get the front wheel up so he sat on the floor holding the front wheel, i sat on the bike and sat back so all weight was on the center stand.

the front wheel was a little stuck, 'take it off the center stand a sec' said my mate, so i did lol 'CRASH' whoops we had forgotten it had no rear wheel on, so the frame went smashing into the floor, luckily it didnt land in the chain, and didnt cause any damage to anything, although we both felt completly stupid lol

Cemorah
12-10-10, 08:51 PM
Way back I had an SR500. for those not that old this is a 500 single which was coaxed into life with thing called a kickstart. There is a technique which must be adhered to military fashion and requires a full blooded stomp on the kickstarter. Any half arsed attempt is likely to result in severe bruising to the back of the leg as the engine spits back. I prided myself on knowing the machine and the various choke and throttle settings and could get it to fire on the first or second attempt everytime. One winters morn I donned the garb and set off across the farmyard to the bike. A combination of muddy boot, wet kickstarter and lack of forethought had my foot slip off in mid heave. The whole of my weight going south and to the right is halted dramatically as the B*tch fires back driving the kickstarter up inside my waterproofs. Thus incapacitated I am unable to reach the ground and off balance i cannot counteract the 350lb pull as the bike drags me inevitably earthwards.

Bike 1, riders pride 0.

Mark_Able
12-10-10, 09:39 PM
I love this thread... ;D ;D ;D

Jon_W
13-10-10, 08:20 AM
Way back I had an SR500. for those not that old this is a 500 single which was coaxed into life with thing called a kickstart. There is a technique which must be adhered to military fashion and requires a full blooded stomp on the kickstarter. Any half arsed attempt is likely to result in severe bruising to the back of the leg as the engine spits back. I prided myself on knowing the machine and the various choke and throttle settings and could get it to fire on the first or second attempt everytime. One winters morn I donned the garb and set off across the farmyard to the bike. A combination of muddy boot, wet kickstarter and lack of forethought had my foot slip off in mid heave. The whole of my weight going south and to the right is halted dramatically as the B*tch fires back driving the kickstarter up inside my waterproofs. Thus incapacitated I am unable to reach the ground and off balance i cannot counteract the 350lb pull as the bike drags me inevitably earthwards.

Bike 1, riders pride 0.

Reminded me of a painful incident...

Bump starting a Velocette (old brit single)... I was pushing at the back, got to speed heard it fire, let go expecting it to pull away.... next thing i hear is a backfire and have a numberplate in my groin. Pain was an understatement!!!

Last Train
13-10-10, 09:11 AM
I had a go on a POS R6 once ........

jonnydangerous
13-10-10, 10:45 AM
i flipped at Suzuki TS50X (with big bore kit) at the traffic lights in amesbury pulling a wheelie and held it up, running along behind it with the throttle pinned open......god, i looked a c*ck !!!!

Nelly
13-10-10, 12:43 PM
i flipped at Suzuki TS50X (with big bore kit) at the traffic lights in amesbury pulling a wheelie and held it up, running along behind it with the throttle pinned open......god, i looked a c*ck !!!!

;D ;D Class!

BB
13-10-10, 01:30 PM
Back in the days of flares and kickstarts, (I know you can already guess!) pulled up at a junction put foot down to find kickstart is inside flare so foot can't reach the floor....

and timber.....

As Veefor said bike 1 bikers pride 0

BB

Ducatista
13-10-10, 02:10 PM
This is not riding related, but at home when I was teenager, I used to paint my exhaust with black haematite heat sensitive paint.

When I was at uni and didn't have access to my dads shed, I bought Hammerite instead.
It made a right mess ;D

I never have been mechanically minded.

Mark_Able
13-10-10, 02:36 PM
My late Mum once told me a story, of her riding pillion with her then boyfriend back in the fifties. They'd been down to Brighton for the day on an old BSA, and on the way back had stopped at some traffic lights. Mum said her backside was getting uncomfortable, so she stood up for a moment to stretch her legs, just at the moment the lights turned green. It was two miles later that her boyfriend realised she wasn't on the back. She was still standing at the lights... ;D

RedSoul
13-10-10, 04:26 PM
Back in 1986 i had a vespa px150 and while riding round the sea-side resort of hunstanton i found a road that had been flooded(about a foot deep) so i carefully rode through it and carried on about 200yards to the roundabout when a thought ocurred to me.The thought was that vespas have leg shields and if i hit the water fast enough my scooter would become a boat lol...............so with brain-wave sorted i ranted the bike through the gears and hit the water at 50 miles per hour and aqua-plained across the water b4 hitting an "anglia water van" which reversed out in front of me ;D ;D...thee bike went under the van and was a right off and i went clean over the van ;D ;D without any injury..........its why to this day i tell people i bounce well in a crash ;D

Mark_Able
13-10-10, 08:36 PM
I always knew there was a use for a Vespa... ;D

Roxy
13-10-10, 09:02 PM

;D and then you back to riding a yankie pos instead!!! glutton for punishment or what!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Mark_Able
13-10-10, 09:08 PM

Bike 1, riders pride 0.

Reminded me of a painful incident...

Bump starting a Velocette (old brit single)... I was pushing at the back, got to speed heard it fire, let go expecting it to pull away.... next thing i hear is a backfire and have a numberplate in my groin. Pain was an understatement!!!

That is so funny. I would've liked to see that. I bet it was like a scene from 'Laurel and Hardy'... ;D ;D ;D

Jon_W
14-10-10, 08:18 AM
Near enough.... just I don't think Laurel and Hardy swore as badly....

Last Train
14-10-10, 08:30 AM
Back in the days of flares and kickstarts, (I know you can already guess!) pulled up at a junction put foot down to find kickstart is inside flare so foot can't reach the floor....

and timber.....

As Veefor said bike 1 bikers pride 0

BB

I had a similar incident involving a petrol stop, laced up trainers and a gear selector which resulted in me tumbling over into the petrol pump. This was long before the advent of CCTV thankfully or it would've been a Youtube hit for sure.
It's really quite hard to attempt nonchalance when you're a deeper scarlet than O'Hara :-[

;D and then you back to riding a yankie pos instead!!! glutton for punishment or what!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

;)

Cemorah
14-10-10, 08:53 AM
When I was really young I got hold of a Honda cub . Anyway my mechanic skills were n't up to much and having cleaned the carb out and replaced the slide I did no know or forgot to check the slide was in the right way around and woud go up and down.

Kicked err into life and she went away at her max of 11,000 revs.

Being a field bike - the ignition was rigged permanent and i had no way to stop it auto clutch meant I could even stall it so I reached down pulled off the plug top

BANG my eyes cross my arm almost shot out of its socket the bike was thrown (by me) one way and I danced off the other.

And even today 30 years later I still react the same to those piddling little tickles you get off door handles.

Scotty
14-10-10, 11:02 PM
A guy I knew in the late 70s and early 80s was known as "Dibby Gibby" and had a bit of a habit for the ol' herbal cigarettes... He decided to get himself a bike and scraped enough cash together to get a Suzuki GT250 (pre-125 law days). Riding along through Northampton on his Meaty GT he pulls up at a red light and stops.... and forgets to put his feet down, crunch! ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D
Another Dibby Gibby trick - both he and his sister in law worked in a shoe factory and Karen had an accident with her thumb in an eyeletting machine (ouch! :'() and for her troubles she received some compensation and a bit of time off. Gibby liked the idea of that so he stuck his thumb under one as well - ripped his nail off and for his troubles he was rewarded with a cup of tea and sent home without pay hehehe ;D ;D ;D

Mark_Able
16-10-10, 08:39 PM
Being a bit handy at wheelies on the old DT, I used to pull a few whenever I had a chance to show off. One of my mates bought a DT100, and thought he'd try and do the same. So there he is outside a friends house, with all the local chicks looking on, pull back on the throttle to max revs, then dumps the clutch. Ends up running up the road behind the bike with bits of tail light and number plate going everywhere, shuts the throttle, and gets the tail unit in his crutch, then drops the bike. It took weeks for everyone to stop laughing... ;D ;D ;D

Mark_Able
16-10-10, 08:51 PM
One of my old instructors (who shall remain nameless), was a bit of a nobber, used to brag about the big wheelie/knee down thing all the time. I never really understood because he always had nice shiney scratch free knee sliders. Anyway, one day he turns up with these nice new floro green knee sliders. We're doing a CBT together, gets to lunchtime and he disappears for half an hour. He comes back and I don't think anything of it. End of the day, we're chatting away, and he announces he can't work out how to get his knee down, and could I show him. So I think, ok, but it's a bit strange. We go to the first roundabout (not ideal cos the tyres ain't properly warm), and I say to follow me. We circulate a couple of times, then I start dragging my knee. As I'm going round, I eventually catch him up, and it seems he's leaning a lot, but not really hanging off enough. We stop, I give him some advice, he says show me, so we set off again with him following. After the second time round, I came round to find him lying in the middle of the roundabout with the bike on top of him. He's not impressed, and is shouting to get the bike off his leg. He was perfectly ok, and so was his bike. What a plonker... ;D ;D ;D

Toph
16-10-10, 09:04 PM
Many years ago, I arrived at work early one morning and was greeted by a customer, we spoke for a while,I was still sitting on my dt125.
after a few minutes he told me to look down..... I glanced down and realised the gusset of my trousers had ripped and there was a hairy walnut exposed and hanging out!! :o
thank heavens it was not a frosty morning!!! ;D

smellygerm
16-10-10, 10:38 PM
Many years ago, I arrived at work early one morning and was greeted by a customer, we spoke for a while,I was still sitting on my dt125.
after a few minutes he told me to look down..... I glanced down and realised the gusset of my trousers had ripped and there was a hairy walnut exposed and hanging out!! :o
thank heavens it was not a frosty morning!!! ;D

bloody hell he must of had good eye sight ;D ;D ;D

Toph
16-10-10, 10:55 PM
my nads have won prizes Stace!!!! :D :D ;D

smellygerm
16-10-10, 10:58 PM
my nads have won prizes Stace!!!! :D :D ;D
coconut shy ;D ;D ;D

redken1
16-10-10, 11:01 PM
Bet you felt a bit of a prune Chris lol

benobiker
17-10-10, 11:13 AM
Not .REPEAT not proud of this but am glad it didnt go wrong. Riding my ts125r as a yoof with mate on back, pissed up (on farm) stood up with one foot on saddle one foot out to the side him on back at 40mph.... didnt crash. Thought it was hilarious at the time.. That is def most stupid thing i have ever done on bike and dont intend to try and top it!!! ;)

RichTT
30-10-10, 05:24 PM
Trying to ride off with the disk lock still on! Doh! At least I know it does actually work! ;)

SupeRDel
30-10-10, 05:38 PM

Went over the handlebars of my RD250. Landed on my head ripping a hole out of the top as big as my fist... right down to the clothe inner lining.... :-/

Me and my father filled the hole with plastic padding car filler and rubbed it down and sprayed it with some aerosol paint.

That helmet lasted me another 3 years and at least a couple of paint jobs.. :D

Looking back we must have been mad but full face helmets were a bit of a novelty back then and a new one cost a mind boggling 30 quid.

Beamer
30-10-10, 06:14 PM
Today has to be one of my daftest things...........Trying to overtake a caravan pulled by a 4x4.....up-hill and on a 125 lol.....had to drop 2 gears and keep smiling at the oncoming traffic hehe.... I was not gonna be beaten by it but it was a silly thing to do on a 125 when top speed is 60 (70 going downhill lol) .... live n learn so they say hehe [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nelly
30-10-10, 06:18 PM
Today has to be one of my daftest things...........Trying to overtake a caravan pulled by a 4x4.....up-hill and on a 125 lol.....had to drop 2 gears and keep smiling at the oncoming traffic hehe.... I was not gonna be beaten by it but it was a silly thing to do on a 125 when top speed is 60 (70 going downhill lol) .... live n learn so they say hehe [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

;D bless ya ;D

BB
30-10-10, 08:09 PM
We have all done something similar & run out of puff! You should try getting past stuff on a 1949 AJS! ;D

BB

VVCALCHEMIST
06-11-10, 09:34 AM
Mate of mine at work (my manager! )bought a CCM supermoto thingy, went off to supermoto school to learn about knee scraping and kicking your leg out going round corners . It all sounded impressive ,anyway back to clock off time at work the his plan was squirt down the carpark on one wheel, chuck a lower limb out like a peeing dog and nail the 90 degree bend like he was on a speedway bike. Parts 1 & 2 went well but he snicked it into neutral and not 2nd as he hit the bend - no throttle, metal hit tarmac, leather hit tarmac and yes we were impressed. ;D ;D

Nelly
06-11-10, 04:03 PM
;D ;D

Roxy
06-11-10, 04:05 PM
Getting stopped by PC Williamson!! ;D ;D ;D

Chappers
06-11-10, 05:25 PM
Falling asleep... :-[:o

Roxy
06-11-10, 09:41 PM

You're right, it was pretty stupid! ::) lol

commando1966
06-11-10, 09:57 PM
The stupidest thing i ever done on a bike .... failing to pass my test TWICE lol .. Stupidest think ive done on a Trike ... dunno yet lol ;D

Flying Half-Dutchman
07-11-10, 06:21 PM
The very stupidest? Thats an easy one. Many years ago, I was riding around on an old Honda CB250N Superdream, I'd only just passed my test, it was cheap & at least better than my old 125 (slightly).
Me & my mates had all popped down to the Brewers Arms in Wanborough for some light refreshment one evening [smiley=beer.gif].
Due to me being skint &/or lazy, the bike wasn't perfect, the battery was flat/knackered & the kick start return spring was broken so my only way of starting it was to push start it. I had really got quite good at it.
At the end of the evening in full view of absolutely everyone I put it in gear, pulled in the clutch & started running, I got up to speed & gently jumped onto the seat sidesaddle style & the bike fired up & off I went.
Only on this occasion this didn't quite happen .
What did happen this time was I jumped onto the bike with a bit too much gusto, I gracefully landed on the seat, but kept going & did a backflip off the other side of the bike.
How embarrassing, there I am laying on the gravel, with the bike laying next to me, with my mates & all the other customers peeing themselves laughing at me. :-[
Trying to preserve what little dignity I had left, I picked myself & the bike up & did it properly this time.
Needless to say, I went out & got the battery & kick start fixed very soon after!

Sapphire
10-11-10, 02:50 PM
I have two stupidest moments..in order of most stupid:

#1: Just passed my test on a 125cc in the winter of 2000. One week later my very first big bike was delivered..an Aprilia Pegaso 650cc restricted to 33hp.
It was a freezing cold snowy November with ice covering our very steep driveway. (You know where this going right?) Did that stop me attempting my maiden voyage? No!! Full of excitement and confidence I hopped on the bike fully expecting to ride for the first time without L plates..in these conditions....and, yikes... I didnt even get off the drive...my foot slipped on some ice while sitting on the bike on the drive... I tried to save the bike but couldnt stop it falling..and as a result of using my legs to try to save the bike I suffered two severely damaged hamstrings (black and blue from top to bottom) which required physiotherapy for several weeks afterwards!

Lots of lessons learned as a new rider back then:
Ice and Snow means stay off the bike!
If the bike starts to fall beyond the point of no return...jump off quick !!
Just cos I passed my test, it doesnt mean I am an accomplished rider! My learning has just begun!

#2: Er some of you witnessed this 2nd moment in the Isle of Wight recently... misjudging a hairpin bend, ending up on the wrong side of the road, applying front break, bike falls and on the deck I go! How stupid but at least I knew to get my legs clear pretty quick!l

Mark_Able
10-11-10, 08:47 PM
Some more from me.

1. The snow reminded me of a covered training area in Swindon, when I used to work for CSM, and managing to high-side a Honda CG125 whilst attempting to ride speedway style.
2. On another occasion I fell off getting my knee down on the same CG125.
3. I also managed to blow both fork seals and snap the speedo cable on the company Triumph 750, after landing a particularly good wheelie. It was a difficult one to explain to the boss.
4. Falling off my FZR1000 Exup in the middle of Devizes, whilst showing my girlfriend how easy it was to get the pegs down.
5. Stuffing the company Triumph big time, hitting oil at a ''rather enthusiastic speed'' going through the bends near Knook Camp.
6. High siding the R1 at Pembrey, whilst in third, going for second (my mate Damo), although I was on road tyres and he was on slicks. An ex-pupil came over to the ambulance and said I was at least 10ft in the air, upside down.
7. Coming right out the seat of the company Triumph, whilst attempting to emulate Mick Doohan's rear wheel steering technique.
8. Years ago, racing home from work on the DT175, round a blind corner to find a stationary queue of traffic, with a hapless biker already imbedded in the back of the final car. Totally out of control, skidding past down the outside of the traffic to narrowly avoid having an accident with an accident.

I'll have a think, cos I've probably got some more... :)

Chrismark
10-11-10, 09:49 PM
Many year's ago I used to ride an old Suzuki Katana GS650 shaft drive.

One evening on my way home from work I stopped at the garage to top up the tank. When this task was complete and I was ready to leave, this idea came into my head, wouldn't it be cool as the bike is on the centre stand to climb on, start the engine, pop it into first, let the clutch out and then gently rock forward off the stand and drive away in one fluid motion.

Lets just say it did not work as well as it did in my head. :'(

Jon_W
11-11-10, 08:07 AM

I nearly did that a few years ago. Would say it was the scaryist thing I've ever done on a bike.... :o

BladeTriple
11-11-10, 01:31 PM
When I got posted back from Germany I brought one bike with me rode it over and took the Rotterdam - 'Ull crossing with my ex following in the car . This left me having to return to Germany at one point for the bike.

One fine sunday I got a flight from a local airport, landed at Dusseldorf where friends who had been bike sitting picked it up.
Got to theirs after a quick brew threw on my power ranger suit and jumped on the bike. Monchengladbach to Calais with 1 stop for fuel in approx 2 hours not bad firing through 4 countries in that time .

Anyway , not much down time on the ferry with a choppy crossing keeping me awake so cutting along the M20 , middle of an august evening/morning starting to get very tired and cold somehow I MISSED completely all warnings and the turn off for the M25... I mean how the feck do you MISS the M25? Scared me half to death falling asleep at the bloody handlebars! Needless to say the rest of the trip up to Lincoln was caffine fuelled with plenty of breaks inbetween , I got back ditched the Cbr6 in the garden and crashed out at 4am on the sofa so as not to wake my now ex..... And I swear to god I didn't look at, let alone ride that bike for a good 2 weeks ... it was emotional !

Mark_Able
11-11-10, 07:40 PM

I nearly did that a few years ago. Would say it was the scaryist thing I've ever done on a bike.... :o

My mate Nige did that, and ended up in a field with a broken wrist... ::)

My mate Nige visited a lot of fields... ;D